It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisians spamming Obama's facebook page

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by CREAM

Here's something about it...

Tunisian Internet users flooded the Facebook page of American President Barack Obama Sunday night with a uniquely Tunisian form of satire called “tanbir.” Their comments were sparked by recent news of Occupy Wall Street protesters injured in clashes with police in the United States, and they cast Obama in the role of Arab dictators who have recently been deposed or shaken by popular protests.
www.tunisia-live.net...

So, is this all a joke? They're not serious, according to this article?

I read it, it doesn't seem to be a Joke, I think they are using Satire to make a point.

edit- I don't know why I capitalized those words lol
edit on 31-10-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziedtt

Originally posted by ludshed
I say we bomb them. That'll teach them not to spam a nobel peace prize winning president.

Look at the person you defend:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm not a US citizen, but as a tunisian, we support liberty of expression not repression. Shame on you!!!

I was kidding. I'm not a tunisian but as a us citizen we try to have a sense of humor even in dark times. Believe me, almost all of us are just as if not more fed up with all the bs as you. Misunderstandings aside, what was the point you were trying to make with the first part and link? I don't understand, the person, Scott Olsen? Who was trying to defend? And what does he have to do with the president being spammed? And keep up the good work (spamming).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense to me. You have just been fighting with your government police forces in Tunisia, you know the hurt and bloodshed it can cause. You then see clippings of another government doing something similar - of course you will side with your brothers the protesters on the other side of the pond.

The protests may be different in nature but you make a decision based on 5 minutes max of news footage, usually the worst and not showing the true scale and true behaviour of either the crowd or police.

Good on you Tunisians for taking action and not just letting it happen

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Please stop spreading your silly hate propaganda. www.youtube.com... . You know, deny ignorance and all that hogwash.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

Ah, that was a sneaky video, now it makes sense. I figured we should have seen something about that on the news if it were a snub. Thanks for keeping us honest. I voted for Obama and regret the hell out of it, because of his broken promises and policy decisions not that video.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The solidarity of this event is amazing.. It really is lovely to see...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

Haha! Hate-propaganda? Duuuude.
Cheers for clearing it up for me. Al-thou I really thought it was a snub.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Yes. Hate propaganda. It's a lie. It's created by someone who hates Obama in order to get people to blindly believe the lie, and lose respect for the president and his stance in foreign regions. It works so easy because you already don't like him, for your own reasons, so you will believe anything that is said that casts him in a bad light.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join