It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisians spamming Obama's facebook page

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Happening right now, Tunisians (along with other nationalities) are spamming Obama's fb page, with messages in support of OWS. Some seem to be using Google translate, but most of the messages are in Arabic....

"tunisian people are intransigeant with american people freedom. We will propose and defend a project of OTAN action in the US to protect american civilians against the excessive use of force."

"Tunisian people are calling the U.S. authorities to respect freedom of expression and not to resort repression and assault on the rights of American citizens"

Kinda surreal that just months ago we were watching their revolutions, with Americans posting messages of support...now, they are sending messages to Americans.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 31-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Over 116,000 replies on his top wall post...they don't seem to like him much, but are expressing solidarity with the American people...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is good to hear!

People need to know about the crimes commited by the US government.

People need to know they are not on the side of the people, and they have never gone to war to help others.

People need to know that they are responsible for more death and destruction then anybody else.

Obama is only a puppet and has no power. But targeting him is obviously a good way to gain attention.

Good on these people. Hopefully it will spread and people will open their eyes.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I don't think it's that "surreal." It's just that Americans often have a pretty myopic view of the world, and think that support or solidarity only radiates outward from America.

I welcome the TUnisians. I just wish I could think the authorities would pay even an ounce of attention.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

....Dude. Ouch.

'Course, four years ago, ATS would be brimming with fire-breathing "outrage" if that sort of disrespect had been shown to the US president.

Still, I laughed.
edit on 31/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

They could have raged all they wanted.
Wouldn't have made it any-less true now would it.

I have been going around the internet, looking at videos of Obama making a fool of himself in the rest of the world. And that one and the toast to the UK queen are by far the best and funniest ones.

edit on 31-10-2011 by FejkNick because: Typos.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Holy crap, I wonder how this was organized, thousands of tunisia's seemed to have organized themselves to post of this one wall post. It's beautiful. That's what I call "hope"!

One poster said Obama has escaped to Venezuela, lol not sure about that one.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick
This is how the most people seem to greet him.
Second.

He is introducing people. He is not reaching for a handshake, he is motioning with his hand as he introduces his cabinet member to foreign dignitaries.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Holy crap, I wonder how this was organized, thousands of tunisia's seemed to have organized themselves to post of this one wall post. It's beautiful. That's what I call "hope"!

One poster said Obama has escaped to Venezuela, lol not sure about that one.

Lol escaped to Venezuela? Escaping from whom?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Lol escaped to Venezuela? Escaping from whom?

Idk, maybe they think we are already having a revolution.

Anyway, I posted on the status asking how this was organized. I got 4 "likes", one friend request, and no response

Refreshing the page and watching the posts is fun.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Hello, I'm from Tunisia. They are joking when they said that Obama is escaping to Venesualla, similar to Maammar Ghadhefi of Libya.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I say we bomb them. That'll teach them not to spam a nobel peace prize winning president.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

There is no meaning for nobel peace prize, when it justify the terrosim practised on palestinian people. Even Shimon Peres is nobel peace prize. LOL; Great LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
I say we bomb them. That'll teach them not to spam a nobel peace prize winning president.

Your probably not being serious, at least I hope your not.
But Attila the Hun deserved a peace price as much as Obama, he is no different then any other president; that means he is a war monger with millions of peoples blood on his hands.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

Look at the person you defend:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm not a US citizen, but as a tunisian, we support liberty of expression not repression. Shame on you!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ziedtt

Now it's our turn to explain! That poster was joking, he was being sarcastic, haha.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Here's something about it...

Tunisian Internet users flooded the Facebook page of American President Barack Obama Sunday night with a uniquely Tunisian form of satire called “tanbir.” Their comments were sparked by recent news of Occupy Wall Street protesters injured in clashes with police in the United States, and they cast Obama in the role of Arab dictators who have recently been deposed or shaken by popular protests.
www.tunisia-live.net...

So, is this all a joke? They're not serious, according to this article?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ziedtt

Thanks for bringing the Tunisian perspective to the thread.
So, is this all "satire" as the article suggests?

And maybe let some of your friends know that Google translate isn't great..."White house on the blue night with a black man...waw horror film hahahahahahahaha"

edit on 31-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Wow, I've never seen that. Too bad one of them didn't pull the 'high five...down low...too slow' on him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join