It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn about what makes a psychopath. Sounds like many people we know....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I see psychopaths as a lesson to be learned as a civilization really. As long as we have a system where they thrive at the top we will know suffering. As long as we are blind to their existance they are free to ruin everything they touch.

but what is the option really? Kill them all? Concentration camps? Become the monster?

No, not really...

It is the system that has the change, we cant have this pyramid form of power where the control of the many, the power of so much are concentrated on so few.

It would be better in my opinion to look for other ways, maybe adopt the network model instead of the terminal one.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh psychology how you have infested free minds with your tendrils of subterfuge. Psychology is absolute junk science that saw it's birth in the coke addled minds of Freud and Crowley. It offers no real solution just confused mental masturbation and poison for the masses.

Now modern psychology is nothing more than a front for governmental backed dope dealers selling their lies and drugs that destroy the mind rather than assist it. Now it's just a front to confuse and confound identity in an anathema of logic.
edit on 30-10-2011 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity

Now modern psychology is nothing more than a front for governmental backed dope dealers selling their lies and drugs that destroy the mind rather than assist it. Now it's just a front to confuse and confound identity in an anathema of logic.

Yeah, well, if you are such an expert on psychopathy, you would know that medication doesn't work for it.

There is no cure for this. It is suggested that psychotherapy might work in helping a psychopath recognize things like their abnormal lack of empathy so they know how to behave appropriately, but there is no "fix," for people who are labeled as such.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

My position is that the psychopath is nothing but a construct of the junk science that is psychology and I accept none of it's false tenants and ideals. As I said previously it is nothing but subterfuge and mental masturbation based on junk science that was born in the minds of drug addled men.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

I can only say that I dont agree with you. Psychology has helped many people understand why they behave the way they do, me included. Why it can fail is because its not perfect. Its an accumulation of knowledge based on experiments, observations and tests. Its not "done" yet, there is still more to humanity to uncover.

That doctors perscribe medications to people who have emotional issues is more of a symtoms of the times we live in. They recieve "donations" from the pharmaceutical companies that makes the medicines in the first place. A sign of corruption of a system.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Vorlon128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vorlon128

It's absolute junk science, if you get a chance read up on Crowley and Freud and their motivations. Both deeply troubled men who sought power and legitimacy for their less than noble ideal.

If you really want to dig down to the differences you see in men you need go no further than understand that we are only just discovering that the human intellect and mind do not obey the standard model. Our educational system works off the belief that only two primary types of human intellect exist when there could be 16 or more types of it. Individuals who's minds function and take in information entirely differently.

When you transpose this on top of the simple truth that we are nothing more than apex predators recently removed from our natural environment and thrust into what we know as civilization today one might take heed and understand that there will be vast differences between individuals.

I still advocate that psychology and what we describe as the psychopath is based on junk science and putting them into a group with such stigma does nothing to further the understanding of ourselves. I believe the answers lie in philosophy rather.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well I shouldn't have watched this next to my new girlfriend who knows I'm a sociopath hahaha..

Great vid, thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here is a human side I am curious about. About a couple year back, I had this misfortune to catch a news story on my local MSM which was a hidden filming of this piece of sh** beating a pig in a neighboring factory farm which delivers you your nice ham and pork sausage. The pig's back legs were broke, he was crawling toward the camera view (me) away from this piece of sh** and his long iron bar, and screaming and crying.

My mother saw it too, and we were revelling in how much we'de like to take that iron bar and beat and beat and beat this piece of sh** and I myself would like to get him into a little room all bound up and break every bone in his body, then smash his head into pulp, then hand him upside down with the iron bar shoved into his butt and coming out his neck.. Then pour gasoline on him, and throw the match.

Honest.

Is that a Psychopathy?

If it is; Oh well. (Shrug..)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

Is that a Psychopathy?

If it is; Oh well. (Shrug..)

No, because psychopaths don't have feelings and empathy. You had feelings and emotions over what you saw. Describing what you wanted to do the fellow isn't the same as actually doing it.

A psychopath would be ambivilant or enjoy doing what this guy did to the pig just for the shear pleasure of it.

You're normal.

edit on 30-10-2011 by supine because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
women are what makes a psychopath. Woman think they can get away with everything but soon all will come to light. Their psychology is parasite-like. I am no friend with women, in the end they'll turn out silly. There's no reasoning with women. They've placed themselves above manhood, at least, they try, and then they succeed. All their acts are what God hates. Women are what makes a psychopath.

I don't care.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Somebody didn't get enough hugs from Mum.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The video of the first post doesn't appear and when I click on the link, I get the message "The URL contained a malformed video ID.".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The correct video ID is: MgGyvxqYSbE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

edit on 31-10-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join