It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rare October snowstorm slams U.S. Northeast" is this only the beginning?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

A rare October snowstorm barreled up the U.S. East Coast on Saturday, cutting power to more than two million households, forcing cancellation of scores of airline flights and causing at least three deaths.

Rare October snowstorm slams U.S. Northeast

Predicting the system could dump as much as 18 inches of snow in some spots, Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy joined New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in issuing emergency declarations for their respective states.

Is there a tie in with the "2012 theories" here? Is this just the start of whats to come?

Opinions I am looking for :-)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

With all due respect, it happens.

I remember getting snow in June once.

You could be on to something but my money is on regular weather patterns and nature running it's course.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Something is for sure happening, but what, I have no clue. Too many rare and odd things have happened this year, and it's not even over yet!

It started out as exciting (history wise), but now with us being in the 10th month of the year. I just wish it would all take a break.

Just so so much, from politics, to weather, to disasters, to movements, to predictions and prophecies, etc.. etc..

So my opinion is, yes. Yes something is happening, but that is all I know, and I'm not sure if I really even want to know.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Yes. It is the beginning. The beginning of Fall and Winter. They usually happen around this time of year in the northern hemisphere.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
if anything, it's a return to "normal" weather patterns. i remember when i was a child in the midwest, Halloween was always cold. there was always the possibility of snow in the forecast and if it hadn't snowed a bit by then, the first snow was almost always within the first couple of weeks of Nov. we used to get our first "big" snow around Thanksgiving.

now it seems like the snow doesn't start until mid-Dec.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Alaska no snow on the ground..the mountains are dusted...kinda worried about the glaciers melting and the rivers drying up next year....scary fishing to follow..hmmmm HAARP maybe.or is the Fukashima related...looks like we have a combo plate...hold the beans..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

In the last week, Dublin has been flooded, Rome has been flooded, Bangkok has been flooded and now this.

I live in an area which sees a lot of snow and very, very cold winters but if you think this is 'business as usual' then I don't envy your heating bills.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The rarity is not that there is snow in this area in October, interior northeast and New England can get snow of 1 inches or so accumulating every few Octobers. What is making this storm so unique and unmatched in our meteorological history books is its severity. Most cities from Pennsylvania further north have observed snowfall of at least 0.1” in October before but cities like Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia, New York, etc… have not observed snowfall exceeding 1 – 2 inches.

This storm created daily snowfall and monthly snowfall records in hundreds of Northeastern cities from Massachusetts down into the Mid-Atlantic States of Virginia and Maryland. Had this been a simple 0.5 – 1 inch of snowfall it would have been rare but not unprecedented. People fail to take into consideration the amount of snow dropped in comparison to historical records. The average first measurable snowfall (0.1< inches) is December 18 for Philadelphia, December 5 for Allentown, December 18 for New York City, and November 30 for Boston.

Trees still have leaves on them throughout the region, add onto them the weight of snow with high water content and the weight can cause (as we see with 2,000,000 without power) mass electricity outages due to falling limbs. Also to note is that many cities, such as Harrisburg, recorded their first snowfall of the season before their first frost.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well, in my opinion, its best not to jump to any conclusions, but nonetheless, we all need to keep a lookout for more "unusual" weather and in general "warning signs" of things going bad.

Hell, things already are...

edit on 30-10-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Another weather record broken this year - October Snowstorm of 2011: Record-Setting Trick No Treat in the Northeast

People may disagree with the theory I presented in Two Suns Rising but only a disinfo agent or someone very, very naive, would continue to state that the freak weather (record highs, record lows, record floods, record droughts, etc) that we have experienced this year are 'natural'

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is 'normal' for October? I realise many aren't too hot on geography but the floods in October spanned the globe. This was no localised weather system. The snowstorm the US is experiencing is part of this, it just got cold.

Bangkok floods: Thousands flee as waters approach

Dublin Flooding 24 October 2011 - Irish Weather Online

Pakistan Floods

Toowoomba Flood 10/01/2011 Goggs Street

Rome Flooding

Spain floods

55 perish in Vietnam floods

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Global warming my butt.
Doesn't seem very warm right now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
back in 1997, where I live in the midwest, we got an icy storm which turned into a blizzard. leaves were still on the trees, they got covered in ice then a mass amt of snow. limbs were breaking and causing mass power outages all over. it was a record storm and even caused the "cancellation" of Halloween that year.

has it happened since? nope. it was an isolated incident. did everyone start freaking out saying that it's a sign of the end of the world or that global warming was destroying the Earth? nope. we dug ourselves out, did what we had to do to keep warm until power was restored. needless to say that when summer came around there was a small baby boom in town.

my point is that it's an isolated incident, not a permanent change in the weather pattern. weather anomalies happen. that's what gives us 80s in dec or 40s in aug or the occasional "storm of the century" and other oddities.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

so every other record breaking weather phenomenon was an unrelated oddity this year?

You're right. Sometimes I get this strange feeling in my stomach. In a completely unrelated manner, I eat. The strange feeling in my stomach goes away on its own. My stomach feels heavy and I am relaxed. None of these are connected. Completely unrelated events. It's bizarre that these unrelated events happens several times per day, each and every day. There's no connection there though.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

exactly!!! i'm so glad that you understand!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Something says, snow is not going to stop these kids from trick or treating. Especially in NY and NJ. They practically live in the Ice age.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

LOL!!!! ok...i'll give you that.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Definitely could be the beginning of a nasty winter, last year wasn't too terrible but I'm def concerned about this being another season of constant snowfall. Not particularly worried about the how/why because I can't do anything about that, but I can make sure my tires are good and the survival gear is packed when leaving the house in bad weather.

www.quickmeme.com... * relevant but slightly off-topic link is relevant and slightly off-topic *

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Too bad its on the weekend, kids wont miss any school. Storm days off was always a blast when i was a kid but this one doesn't look too funny. Actualy, the ammount of water around the world is causing a serious mess when you look back at 2011.

Normal or cyclic, its somehow 45/60 days earlier for a good snowstorm, i don't expect 10" + but around 0´C snowstorm are the worst thing you can ask for halloween or electric pikes. I hope its gonna be 3" of fluffy(dry) snow and no power outages but things doesn't look good so far.

Is it because of the volcanoes who seems a lil bit more active?
Oil spills that is disturbing the streams?
Polutions, 2012, another sun !?!

Under ATS standard its unlikely.
Under Eagle eye standard i say watch 2012, mayan prophecy or not, i say we in for hell of a ride.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join