It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria warns west: big EQ will hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com... oh we should be shaking in our boots now; From the link

LONDON — Western powers risk causing an "earthquake" that would burn the Middle East if they intervene in Syria, President Bashar al-Assad said in an interview with Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper.
should we take him serious? or is he just blown smoke?

Assad's warning came ahead of Syrian government talks on Sunday with the Arab League aimed at starting a dialogue between the government and opposition and ending violence that has escalated across Syria in recent days.
Will we let innocents die? Or will we intervene? what is your thoughts ? Should the west stay out and let the mass killings go on?
Should we send it NATO or UN PKF (Peace Keeping Force)like they would do anything, remember up too 3,000 are dead for just saying enough.
What should the west do?
edit on 30-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yes, it is horrible. But, I can pick a dozen horrible things happening around the world. It is just not the place of the United States to intervene, I say that with mixed feelings. But, we have problems at home and those resources should be utilized here. If that sounds selfish, so be it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
so far one saying do nothing, mind our own biz: If we only would. We should not be the worlds PD nor first to go in, we should be the last and the last resort, full force no drawn out war.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think its funny that Assad already knows what we are planning to do. Well sorta funny :/

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
its a sad sad world we live in.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So the UN and China are sending warnings to Syria huh? Throw us into the mix(right or wrong) and it sounds like some serious change is about to take place in Syria. "Earthquake for the entire Middle East?" Makes me think of some type of suicide nuclear bomb or something. I am sure it was meant figuratively.(unless Syria has their own HAARP
)
Who's next? Pakistan? It is interesting timing with bringing the troops home. Maybe the US knows that region is about to 'blow up' and we are going to let it(or not have a choice) happen and see where the pieces fall.
I think 2012 is going to be a pinnacle transformative year for our planet and people, and I hope it is birthing pains for a better paradigm and not just an effort for OWG.

spec

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would like to see proof that soldiers/sailors/airmen are actually coming home. I think they are just being deployed close by but not in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I am thinking nuke my self , or more than one nuke, not one launched but one set off at ground level, for they do have sea going shipping. Just saying.

edit on 31-10-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by bekod

Well since the US were the ones responsible for the instigation of the uprisings, I would have loved to say thay should stay out of Syria. But we all know that wont happen. Pretty soon, like Libia, the freedom of the Syrian people will rest safely in the hands of big American oil companies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

can you prove this for as far as I know there is no big oil behind the uprisings it is all by the people or in Libya's case NTC, National Transitional Council where is the oil connection ? do not get me wrong I hate big oil all that is stands for, but put the blame or cause where it is due.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
we have to STOP INTERVENING!!!!

# man we need to mind our own damn business!!!

If we intervene, then North Korea and Iran have the right to come over here and attack the Denver PD and Oakland PD because they too are trying to quell a revolution using violence.

STAY OUT OF IT!! BRING THE TROOPS HOME.... (and don't shoot them with tear gas canisters when they get back)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

it would be nice if we could did , but with the elected ones bought by big biz and oil it will not nor ever happen till that changes will it ?? not till we the people say enough with you in power, in big biz, big oil, and long term gov official's.

top topics

join