It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 137 *spoilers* 2 fighters retire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I would like to take the time to say that B.J. Penn and Mirko Cro Cop have retired after losing their fights today.

BJ looked terrible against Nick Diaz and sais his family is more important to him right now. He is only 32 so its possible he could come back?

Cro Cop didnt look bad vs Roy Nelson. I am not sure if he verbally tapped or the ref thought he was TKO'd at the end but he said he is retiring as well.

Sad day for MMA fans :'(

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Penn's retirement is more upsetting. That guy can bang...or at least used to be able to.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sad to see B.J. Penn retire he is too good
:/

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i was gunna post the same thing but you beat me to it haha. It is sad to see two of the sports legends retire. Cro Cop may try to make a comeback in another arena but he is done with the UFC he is a great fighter but just cant hang with the talent in the UFC.

As for BJ Penn I have a feeling this is not the last we will hear or see from him. He is a warrior and a competitor and still young. He may take some time off to spend with his family but just like Randy coture when he tried retirement the first time the bug will get to him and he'll come back.

top topics

join