It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man demands more beef on his taco...and then terrorizes a Taco Bell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

called the Taco Bell around 4 a.m. demanding more meat for his chalupas, the police report stated. When manager Cynthia Thompson told the customer she would be unable to accommodate his request because the restaurant was closing, she said he replied: “That’s alright, I’ll just come and redecorate the place.”

link

How did he try to redecorate the place? He threw a Molotov cocktail at the restaurant. And all this because he didn't have enough meat on his chalupas.

That is completely insane. This guy flipped his lid and could have burned down the restaurant over a 5 dollar taco. What is wrong with people?
edit on 29-10-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just read an article on my local newspaper website about a couple of managers from a Domino's pizza who burnt down a Papa John's Pizza because they thought that would eliminate the competition in their area between the chains.

People are just plain getting crazy. I guess the dissatisfaction in everything across the board is ramping up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I am pissing myself with laughter, the man definitely takes his taco's seriously....thats gangster bro

link   
I can completely understand those who get frustrated at fast-food joints...

True story

I rarely eat fast food but this particular time my former significant other and I went to Taco bell and ordered our food. We waited longer than normal [No, they weren't that busy at the time] finally we received our order and found a table to eat. My then Girlfriend unwrapped her crunchy taco and it hardly had ANYTHING in it. Now we both knew that your food rarely IF EVER look like the pictures but this particular time there was hardly any beef.

So I walked back up to the cashier to ask for more beef. While this was going on a large group of people had came in behind me. The cashier smiled and asked if there was something else? [Having just given us our order] "Yes" I said. I showed her the taco open faced and said there was hardly anything in it. Without missing a beat she asked..

"More Lettuce?"

"No" I said "More AIR please!"

The group who were behind me in line about 10 all started roaring in laughter.

WE got a stuffed taco like the picture.

link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

What an idiot. It's fast food, it's not even worth eating to begin with.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This isn't about fast food - its about the
desperation and insanity of people.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
probably a fatty

pigs will be pigs

oink, oink

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This isn't about fast food - its about the
desperation and insanity of people.

I think you're 100% dead on. I look at Drudge Report as I sit down to the keyboard first thing each morning and have for a couple years. It used to have a mix of good, bad and just odd. The last several months though, the stories like this Taco Bell attack are more common and just completely insane. No real reasons for it, it seems. People are just becoming wild, crazy and violent with little and somethings no provocation at all.

At a time we ought to be coming together to solve what ails our nation and each other, a majority seem to revel in tearing things apart that much more than they were before. What a depressing thing to watch happen to a nation I love so deeply.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
I just read an article on my local newspaper website about a couple of managers from a Domino's pizza who burnt down a Papa John's Pizza because they thought that would eliminate the competition in their area between the chains.

People are just plain getting crazy. I guess the dissatisfaction in everything across the board is ramping up.

That reminded me of a case I saw a while back, someone who had built a multi-million dollar business in making Beds, of all things, had tried to rid himself of competition and tried to burn down the competitions factory. It goes to court, and he uses a third party to silence the person testifying, and THEN the competitions factory does burn down.

Took over 15 years I think, to actually charge the guy and convict him.. DNA based evidence at the end, put him at the scene... something at the time they didn't have the ability to use iirc.

So it's not really new, these fruit loops have been around all the time.. I mean, killing someone and burning down a factory to eliminate competition.... over beds..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is perfectly reasonable behaviour, people like their food damn it! Well its taco bell so he probably isn't exactly a food connoissieur but still!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I also heard of a story of a women at burger king, i believe. she ordered a hamburger and asked for no mayo, got her burger it had mayo. She then waited for the person behind the counter to finish his/her shift and tried to run them down in her car in the parking lot. People need to get a grip these days

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This reminds me of a quote from the great move "The Big Lebowski"

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU **** A STRANGER IN THE ***"

Not saying what he did was right, but when a retailer refuses to right a wrong sometimes stuff like this happens.

Everyone knows that fast food isn't as big, or good looking as it shows in the ads, but sometimes they get really sloppy and rip you off, when this happens they should correct that mistake. I've been to taco bell in the past and ordered a few burritos. One was fine, the other had literally 1/3rd of the beef as the other burrito. It's obvious the person making it was just being lazy and didn't care to make a proper burrito.

I didn't go back, because it was a dollar burrito, and I don't trust fast food workers to not screw with my food if I go back complaining. That's why I rarely eat fast food, the food is pretty bad, and the workers for the most part are idiots and a-holes. I understand some customers are complete jerks, but this immature attitude of "complain about anything and we'll screw with your food" is just ridiculous. You screwed up, you fix it, and and you have no right to be upset about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Where's the beef?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
People seem to be genuinely losing their minds nowadays. I just heard about a stabbing over alleged cheating in a monopoly game as well as some guy cutting his own arm off with a homemade guillotine.
I mean seriously....WTF?!
It seems to me that there is a growing thread of fatalism running through the human race...sure there have always been and will always be crazies but people seem to really be getting totally out of pocket...everywhere

I mean Taco Bell may not have the best food in the world but it certainly isn't worth going to jail over....sheesh

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

I didn't go back, because it was a dollar burrito, and I don't trust fast food workers to not screw with my food if I go back complaining. That's why I rarely eat fast food, the food is pretty bad, and the workers for the most part are idiots and a-holes. I understand some customers are complete jerks, but this immature attitude of "complain about anything and we'll screw with your food" is just ridiculous. You screwed up, you fix it, and and you have no right to be upset about it.

I agree and disagree with your statement here, I have worked in both fast food and as a waitress. I can tell you first hand people behind the scenes will screw with your food, Gross, I know, I myself don't really trust other people handling my meals as I have witnessed can what happen. That being said I can definitely say that there are some customers that are extremely rude, and honestly I can say I don't feel like they didn't get what they deserved. Although I never told any of the cooks I worked with to screw with someone's order. I have also refused to "sell" or take out certain items if they didn't look good. But some people are just plain ridiculous!! I can't believe how some people act when they go out, I've had people send orders back three or four times, even though I had wrote every word they say to a T, and still are not happy...and yet I feel bad for the people when it's just a simple misunderstanding, and aren't rude or nasty about it, Sometimes the cooks would still mess with it just because they had to make it over...messed up I know. That being said, if something was messed up with the person I was taking care of I would do everything I could to better their experience, if they are rude and nasty I'd usually let management take over, or sometimes on a bad day I'd just be mean back, I know it's not right, but in today's world customer service can be a really crappy job especially if people think they can walk all over you..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Katatonik

I know where you're coming from about customer service and people walking all over you. The convenience store where I work at sells carryout pizza and sandwich items. I, personally, being a more mature worker don't have many problems with customers, but some of my young co-workers get walked all over. There are a few customers that will claim their order is wrong when dealing with the young gals, but their tune changes quickly when I walk out of the kitchen. Suddenly, they are satisfied or are ok with me writing up a complaint form for my manager, but "it isn't really a big deal ." Yeah right! Some people want something for nothing and will seize the opportunity.

That being said, we have a couple of employees that deserve the treatment they get. They have an attitude and people don't like it nor should they have to tolerate it. I wouldn't put it past them to do something to someones food or put out an inferior product. I don't think they would do it when they work for me though. I somewhat command respect there as "I am legend" at my particular store.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Me and my spouse were just talking about this kind of stuff, but more on the customer point of view. We have both noticed a decline in customer service from various fast food places from many different places across the state for about the past ten years or so. We have family that live in each corner of the state and in the central. So we eat on the run often when visiting. So a part of me can relate to getting upset and angry over poor customer service but not acting out on it from either side, meaning the customer or the associate in retaliation.

A lot of crazy self control issues going on lately.
edit on 29-10-2011 by thefullbug because: extra word

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
its not just fast food people get irate about, there have been plenty of times when we buy food in general, and when you get it out to cook it you find out how little cheese they put on the pizza, or when buy a cake you take out of the box to find the inside is mostly packaging and the cake is a little tiny thing that would barely serve two people.

that being said i would never get irate enough as to attack the companies or shops involved, i will just simply never buy the product again, so they might think they are being clever and saving money by being tight with how much they put on things or in things, but at the end of the day people will just walk away and go elsewhere or buy a different product.
edit on 29-10-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join