It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies, lies, and only lies.. Media Lies? Right.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that there are many people out there, especially on ATS who are under the assumption that every time they turn on the TV and watch the news, that they think it's all lies...

At the same time, there are people who consistently sit there, and ignore these sources in which can bring forth important and truthful information that indeed is factual to the public. Now, by doing so, they rely on such websites as this one(no disrespect) for the majority of their news, and only look at sources such as FOX and CNN when they want to either see their take on it(already with some presumption) or in attempts to catch them lying.

The continued application of such behavioural pattern then begins to mold their minds like clay, and their understanding or comprehension about the reality of many situations become tainted...

I remember seeing Glenn Beck crying because he knew that people were trying to take over America, and people laughed. I remember John Stewart hinting at much of this as well. Even Rush Limbaugh has made many many many statements in regards to the destruction of America.

The solution is not an Obama thing, it's not a Perry thing, or even a Ron Paul thing. It's an EVERYONE THING. That's the most important part!

Granted, many people on these programs have been caught lying, or black-listing certain stories, or even aspects of these stories. But this is not to justify completely ruling them out from gaining an understanding about developing events in the world today. One thing to keep in mind, is that these networks and the people on these shows are NOT(99%) willing to report mere speculation and conspiracies that are discussed on the streets or the internet. And when this is done, it is often only presented as opinion. They do have a responsibility to attempt to provide what they perceive as being the truth about any given situation.

There is a large group of what people commonly refer to as "Sheeple" out there on the streets, and these networks know this, there for they as well provide stories and segments for them. Often times displaying this information in an ignorant fashion, so that it's easily comprehended by the ignorant listener. Is this conducive to curving the audiance's ignorance? Obviously not, but there's a little thing called ratings and marketing. You need marketing in order to pay all the employees that make these very networks possible.

Is there bias? Yes. Is there equal coverage of events in relation to their importance? No

But to make generalizing statements such as "everything on FOX/CNN news is terrible" is just as bad as saying "All the OWS'er/Tea Party'ers are a bunch of no job having hippies"
Knowing that these statements can't possibly be true, for both are made of individuals, and it's time people start addressing this aspect. For not addressing this aspect is only to continue further separating ourselves from eachother. As well as separating eachother from the reality of what is.

Remember, it's United we Stand...

As well, it is 'Divide and Conquer'. If we are to continue these divisions, there is a all too wanting force out there in the world that would love to Conquer it all, REMEMBER THAT! So, why dont people stop playing into their hands.

Go do a little search on Soros and funding the OWS movement, I would even suggest there are those of 'the Elites' that are funding much of this as well. You dont think that people are playing both sides of the feild? While they sit there and laugh, while they watch us divide amongst eachother, knowing darn well that when it's all over they will just pick up the reigns again.

I guess my point is... Yes, take everything with a grain of salt if you must, but dont sit there and limit yourself with interactions of fellow Americans that truly want the same thing as you. What is that thing? Well my friends, it's called FREEDOM. Once we get that back, we truly get back to, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Dont be so quick to judge. Dont assume that everytime someone says something, that based on other things they have previously said, that they are now wrong this time as well, or even lying about it.

Next thing....
You know the quickest way for what everyone wants to call "The Elites" to regain control after dividing a nation?... It's called, Offering the Solution, after creating the problem. Please people, learn to spot and identify a solution before it's too late. It doesn't even have to be a 'Fix All' solution, it just must be a solution that supports advancements in the further to one day acheiving a Nation or World that we can all cohabitate peacefuly, and only dictated by love and compassion for eachother. One that is conducive to accomplishing the goals for each individual, instead of ones that only address those that are of special interests or favoured.

This will not come with in days, years, an election, or probably even 3, but it's there. Just become smart enough to ge there, for it is your illumination that sheds light on all possible paths that are to be taken.

Oh, and by the way...

www.youtube.com...
In a free society, what can the government keep from us? Tonight: Your employees and their secrecy and their lying.

It's important, and proves my point about media.

Your move,

edit on 29-10-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional info

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
When it comes to facts, the media has about a 50/50 ratio on being right. It's reasonable.

However, when "opinions", "commentary", etc, get tossed in, I advise caution. Things get twisted around all the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

FOX admitted in court that they are a "ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK" and they don't have to present facts or truth. They can use that defense to fabricate any story they like such as the one that got them sued.

Why would I give them the benefit of the doubt?

Journalists take an oath to present facts unbiased!

You would like everyone to listen to lies because it supports YOUR views.

I am smart enough to see through the BS as are millions of others who are tired of the stranglehold over their liberties. If America is divided it is not because of the law abiding citizens losing their jobs made up stories to support a war against innocent people who happen to have a lot of oil etc.

Keep supporting TPTB. The rest of us will use our feeble little minds to decide for ourselves what is fact or fiction. If you think we should all get along even though we know we support corruption at every level then you are the fool who has helped us get to this point.

I only support truth and fairness and I will not accept an "Entertainment News" source for facts.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
here's some background on the Fox case.

The Media Can Legally Lie

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Back in December of 1996, Jane Akre and her husband, Steve Wilson, were hired by FOX as a part of the Fox “Investigators” team at WTVT in Tampa Bay, Florida. In 1997 the team began work on a story about bovine growth hormone (BGH), a controversial substance manufactured by Monsanto Corporation. The couple produced a four-part series revealing that there were many health risks related to BGH and that Florida supermarket chains did little to avoid selling milk from cows treated with the hormone, despite assuring customers otherwise.

According to Akre and Wilson, the station was initially very excited about the series. But within a week, Fox executives and their attorneys wanted the reporters to use statements from Monsanto representatives that the reporters knew were false and to make other revisions to the story that were in direct conflict with the facts. Fox editors then tried to force Akre and Wilson to continue to produce the distorted story. When they refused and threatened to report Fox's actions to the FCC, they were both fired.(Project Censored #12 1997)

the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

Don't believe everything ya hear and see.

edit on Oct-29-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It is a balance across a global consciousness! One hand does not know what the other hand is doing; perhaps one is handing out while the other is taking and pocketing "change".

Here is my assessment even though it sort of removes the details.

"That which is above is like that which is below" and of course in any direction, up/down, right/left, good/bad, it is all very easy to see how one can influence the other.

The important thing to note is that when it comes down to the good versus the bad in this World we need only look above to get the full extent of the problem.

In Heaven, in Scripture, it said that 1/3 of the Heavens is against Mankind and is bent on its destruction. Heaven is at "war" and although many can look up to our view of the "Heavens" we do not see this war, anyone with any sense of spirituality will recognize there is a definite war between good forces and bad in this world of ours.

If we are the representation in a reflection (since this is on an "other than" level of the Physical Realm) then we can represent in the physical the equal and opposite. You see the balance restored here?

This means that 2/3rds of Mankind, across the board, are naturally and innately Evil. It is not a matter of semantics. It is not a position in life or a gender, a color, or an age! It is what we are at this very moment in time.

As this Spiritual War continues we will either see a rise in one or the other and then an ultimate confrontation will emerge! Somehow there will be an imbalance before this gets fixed once and for all and the scales are not in our favor.

Well, perhaps my thoughts prevent me from being a participant in the ridiculousness of our world. I do not participate in most things and although I do have my heart and my opinions about our leaders I do not let this get in the way of "who is telling the Truth now" sort of processing. We can take things for face value and apply them to the world. If "tptb" want us to think one way, they simply present us with the opposite for us to "present" ourselves as the balance!

At this point they are all lying because they are being lied to!
That's one "Hell" of a Truth! GOD Bless us all! All of us!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I haven't watched the mainstream media for more than 10 years. I don't think everything they say is lies, but to tell you the truth, I only have to be lied to one time and I am outta here. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt and they continued to lie both outright, and also by "omission".
If you lie to me one time, and I discover you have.....your done. I will not come back and cannot ever trust a word you say...enter the MSM

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think the dangers of TV/news/politics are far more subtle than you're stating. The stories and words are there, but the real messages are conveyed in subliminals, colors, tones and frequencies. Have you noticed that you feel weird when you watch a commercial for psychiatric drugs? I always have. I remember when it became legal to advertise drugs on television and the first ads were shown. I feel like I'm being brainwashed. Although I would NEVER take the drugs advertised, I would die for the Lunesta moth. ((just kidding....I am a bit obsessed with it when I see it for some strange reason.))

I see your points, OP. It depends on how you want to spend your life. For me, it would be a waste of time to become an expert of propaganda. I prefer the symbolic, occult, esoteric interpretation of world events which invites imagination and wonder along with some ideas that are simply far-out garbage. At least the garbage in my world makes me laugh instead of pissing me off. We all make our own choices about how we see the world. I'm not sure any view is any better than the other. Thank goodness that everyone is not like I am. That would be an unhealthy imbalance.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The only "move", and it is a significant one, I have is to tell you that mainstream media is controlled by the FCC...What is the FCC? Federal Communications Commisssion. Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

For your viewing pleasure:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
I think the dangers of TV/news/politics are far more subtle than you're stating. The stories and words are there, but the real messages are conveyed in subliminals, colors, tones and frequencies. Have you noticed that you feel weird when you watch a commercial for psychiatric drugs? I always have. I remember when it became legal to advertise drugs on television and the first ads were shown. I feel like I'm being brainwashed. Although I would NEVER take the drugs advertised, I would die for the Lunesta moth. ((just kidding....I am a bit obsessed with it when I see it for some strange reason.))

I see your points, OP. It depends on how you want to spend your life. For me, it would be a waste of time to become an expert of propaganda. I prefer the symbolic, occult, esoteric interpretation of world events which invites imagination and wonder along with some ideas that are simply far-out garbage. At least the garbage in my world makes me laugh instead of pissing me off. We all make our own choices about how we see the world. I'm not sure any view is any better than the other. Thank goodness that everyone is not like I am. That would be an unhealthy imbalance.

I think there are more peole like you than many would like to admit. I as well am very well versed in the symbolism used in medai, corporates, and even events in todays world. It's weird sometimes, because I can just simply watch or see something and right away understand the piece and where it fits in the puzzle.
It's is about being an expert in propaganda, because essentially IT IS ALL PROPAGANDA.

To those that say, "oh it's legal for them to lie, they dont have to present the truth, they are entertainment and dont HAVE to present facts"
This is the truth in ALL mediums in which news is derived. Even if I were to come on ATS, and present a news story in which I had done all the investigations my self. Me simply displaying them for you, is simply for entertainment. Hoping that you will entertain the story in which i'm presenting. It's up the the observer to try and understand what is presented, for them to do their own research to either back up or deny my claims. That's the part where people forget THEIR responsibility in the matter.
You see a story presented by a news channel, and you think it's a lie? Well then PROVE IT. If you are then able to prove said lie, then TELL PEOPLE, that's how the truth is exposed. There's no way around it.
People lie to eachother every single day in their personal lives, and then they go and try and demonize those that do it for a living. Do journalists have the responsibility to present what they think are 'facts', I would argue, yes. Does this always happen, no. Learn to read between the lines, but to simple stay away from these sources is the worst possible thing one can do.

"The CIA owns major media personalities and journalists" Well no shizzle Sherlock, but not all of them.
I'm not even going to go as far to present examples of people on these networks, ousting CIA initiatives and events that did not put them in a good light. But they are there.
I mean, one could argue that, these instances are to only some how get rid of people who aren't playing ball with-in the CIA. But even that wouldn't be necessarily true, at least not every time.

The real purpose of the Thread was to point out that we are DIVIDING ourselves, over things that we only wish to gain more understanding over. That, and the possibility that all this division amongst eachother, is bringing forth a great opportunity for certain people in this world to further gain control of it. If we are supposedly taking back America, and apparently the Wolrd, well let's make a reall 99% thing, not a... 25%(beleive this) 25%(beleive that) and so on...
Maybe it should be, 99% Beleive that everyone has different beleifs and understandings, all under one crucial NEED, and that is for FREEDOM. I will say it again, first comes Freedom, then Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, not the other way around.
It's whatever though, you will be you , I will be I, and if you want to know more...well "I'll be in the sky"

"Failing my classes now im on lockdown,
Now writin and readin alot,
Money and w*** is in my shoe box now,
When im tryina get me a glock,

Cause i thought i was at the end of my line,
Then i found out it was all in my mind,
Thats why im here to end all the fear,
We all gon die and leave from here like

I was a man with no name,
now im attributing mo fame,
But all of this aint gonna matter when i a die and say good bye so long,
Sianara ill have to catch you tomorra baby cause baby,

I,ll be in the sky
I,ll be there
Ooh all right
(x2)

I'll be in the sky
Everyone here gonna die one day,
So while im here ima find my way,
Thats my forte,
thats why im here,
s*** to open up your ears,
and speak this real."

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Most of the lies in msm come by way of omission - it can't be proved as being deliberate and can be explained away as shoddy journalism. But...all of these enormous illuminati/take over the world conspiracies are so dis-empowering- we are paralysed into non-action by the enormity of the conspiracy.

Following these theories to their logical conclusion we are doomed before we are born when in fact we have choices available to us all through our lives and can easily effect change in our local communities - sometimes over a wider area than that - simply by making ourselves aware of the system that is in place. Believe it or not we do live in democracies people - its simply that most of us choose not to participate....we choose rather to complain when blatant incompetents take hold of the reins of power.

Re the financing of the OWS movement - I don't know about anywhere else but in my neck of the woods the funding is coming from passers by and well wishers - no sinister financial svengalis here.

To the poster who claimed one lie from msm put them off for life - how then do you explain your continued participation on a site like this where one has to wade knee deep in dross to find the occasional gem of a truth?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Precisely. Much of what non-conspiracy theorists refuse to believe has been admitted by the very people they venerate. Those who deny a global conspiracy are just as much a part of it as the actual perpetrators are, in my opinion.

top topics

join