It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There may be a child molester in my hood?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
O.k. guys, I know I am radical here but' I got a thing n the mail for a molester.

A postcard!

It said LOOK OUT!!!!.

He's 23 and the girl he raped is 16.

He pleaded guilty,

Is this a boyfriend and girlfriend thing?

My brother was 23 when he married my sister in law at 16 and her daddy wasn't happy.. Now they have 3 kids and the third one is a doctor and the first one is a cop.

They sent me a thing it said "Texas department of Public Saftey (blah) !!
Eveything. Even the chumps address.

Sometimes this isn't true.

This guy IS accross the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I conern myself!

I called the guy. I told him I had a gun. Was this wrong?

I dont know what to do. I'm asking for your help, FROM ALLL SIDES!

This is my edit, Plese read my latest post further down and that will explain things. A few things above are typed wrong because I was in a hurry last night. I decided not to edit the original post because that would make the replys harder to understand.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

[edit on 1-9-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
is this what you americans do? you call the guy and tell him you have a gun, thats pretty funny to be honest.

I dont understand why you would need to threaten him (i think it was wrong)

you should not concern yourself with him, as long as he doesnt pose a threat to you or your family (im sure he doesnt)

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
calm down. You don't know anything about the man or his situation yet. If he doesn't pose a threat to you or your family don't worry about him.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Walk across the road and shoot the fecker straight in the ear hole.

There, Is that what you want to hear?

Beware of becoming no better than him.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Texas,

Similar thing in my neighborhood, with one big difference...the age difference, the kids were 9, and 6. Our guy was just outta jail from Kansas, this PREDATOR was "placed" in our hood by some sort of agency, not sure how that works..
He had to register as a sex offender, and once it became a matter of
public record, the flyers started showing up all over town. His Picture and address were both on the flyers...
Needless to say, he was outta town within 90 days, probably fearing for his life..Which in this case, may have been deserved.

Somehow your guy, if those facts are correct, is probably a victim of his own
REALLY REALLY bad judgement. There's a pretty good chance he's safe, although I'd still check out his story further..

[edit on 1-9-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Texas, here in Iowa it's against the law to threaten a child molester, harrass a child molester etc.,,, . I'd suggest you keep an eye out for children/teenagers for their protection.
It could have been that the girl lied and told the guy that she was of legal age and she was consential but later told her parents ( for whatever reason) about the guy and they filed charges for molestation of a minor, ( it's happened here a lot lately ), anyway, be a responsible adult and watch out for the younger kids.

I'll tell you something that is really scary. My x-daughter-in-law, who got pregnant and married the guy is the most stupid BXXch I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. This guy she married is a convicted (plead guilty to) child molester, the man sexually abused his little sister when she was a toddler and again when she was a teenager , that's when he got caught( the second time), and she married him,..... unbeleiveable, and she has my granddaughter around this "perb", as if there's nothing wrong with what he had done, I get sick just thinking about it
. The worst of it is , there's nothing that can be done about it until he hurts my granddaughter, and GOD help me if that happens, the stupid Bxxch is going to pay.

So Texas, how would you like to be in my shoes right now ?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Tell us please what you planned to accomplish by calling this guy and telling him you had a gun.

Did you wear your big ol Texas style "Hating Hat" and your "I Love George W Bush" button when you called him? Call me crazy but in most of the civilized world, calling someone up and threatening them with a gun is against the law. Or does the law only work one way in Texas? (Apparently so based on your state's death penalty record).

Shame on you. Get a life or pray to your redneck Jesus to strike the heathen dead. You and Bush are why the rest of the world think America has lost it's F*king Mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Not to minimize the crime but he is NOT a child molester he is a rapist.

A pedophile would rape someone younger.

Now that he is established as a rapist, why isn't he in jail? Was the act consensual but the girl is below the age of consent in your jurisdiction?

Was there not enough evidence to hold him? (this is a serious crime and the authorities don't look for reasons to free these guys)

Does she not want to press charges? Why not?

Vigilante "justice" can seem very satisfying at the time, it's primal, but can you live with spending the rest of your life in jail knowing how many lives you have destroyed because you acted rashly without all of the facts.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but telling someone you have a gun, and threatening someone with it, are two different things...Maybe Texas was inviting him to go "shooting"..

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I stand corrected. You are right it was obviously a polite Texas invitation to a shooting.

God Help the USA.

War is Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hey spud,
Not invited to A shooting, invited to GO shooting.

LOL..

Did I mention that I have a masher?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think one of the best deterents for a criminal is you knowing who they are and them knowing you know who they are.
No need to call and harass the guy, I think he knows you know who he is.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is where us Americans can be kind of screwy.

We think talking big and harrassment will intimidate people.

Actually, it's the guy who chooses to keep his mouth shut that is most dangerous.

Why else do you think nobody takes Bush seriously? Because he talks too much!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Let's see, it's Texas, right? Couldn't he just be executed or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You really made that phone call? I thought all Texans owned guns.

Relax. Do you have children? Or are you worried about him raping you?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
An Englishman probably would not do anything apart from keeping an eye on this person from time to time and if something untoward happened maybe involving a child the Englishman would no doubt go over and put his lights out with 1 swift clean punch. Then call the police. But America and guns you guys go too far no wonder the world thinks your a bunch of cranks you are all gung-ho. Take a chill pill and relax obviously keep a general interest. Hey you would not happen to be the guy living over the road would you and someone has threatened you with a shooter. Just a thought and maybe places like this are the only places where you can seek comfort and ask questions. Infact the more i think about it i am really wondering what side of the road you actually live on.

just joking chill out

[edit on 1-9-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was typing kind of fast last night and in a hurry.

I didn't call the rapist, I called the manager of the small apartment complex accross the street too make sure he was aware of the situation. The manager didn't like the thing one bit. He told me that the rapist was not on the lease and he was staying with his mother. They are trying to get rid of him.

He said he was armed and I told the manager I was armed too and that I didn't want to have to shoot this guy if he tried to rape someone else.

He was paroled to the apartment by TDCJ.

He doesn't know I have a gun and I'm keeping my eye on him.

And no I hate Bush.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Where I live, Columbus OH, the sheriffs office for the county is required to send out a flyer to every house within a certain range of the sex offender telling the community that a convicted sex offender has moved into the area. The letter gives the person's name, age, description, a current address and exactly what crime they were committed and what punishment they received. Living a sort of a large city I get these on a pretty regular basis. It also has instructions that no one is allowed by law to harass or threaten these individuals, but we are instructed to call the police immediately if they suspect anything out of the ordinary. Anyone living very close to the predator with children can call the sheriff for more information.

For those people that are really curious my county also has an online database of sex offenders: www.sheriff.franklin.oh.us...

[edit on 1-9-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the support. This is the first flyer I have received. I guess it freaked me out. I'm not going to bother the guy. Like I said in my original post, it might be nothing. The girl was 16 and he was 23. Maybe it was something, I dont know. That's why I came here. For opinions from many different people.

You know I'm not saying this person is guilty of his crime or not but he was convicted and he is accross the street. However from listening to my sisters boy who is in TDCJ for drugs what they do is give you a public defender about 1 hour before you see the judge and he may come to see you in the holding cell for the court you are going too. They tell you things like if you dont cop out to a guilty plea you could get 20 years and you may or may not win if you go to trial. If you plead guilty then you can get 2 years or maybe probation.

This person may be guilty or not. What really gets me is that one or two posters think because I live in Texas, I must be a nut with a 10 gallon hat like Bush and I support the state death penalty. Well that's just not the case. I understand I didn't write the initial post properly and that was my fault. Could some of you please understand that although we may not agree that is OK in my book and please dont be so defencive. Afterall the is a debate fourm.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Texas-

I'm curious about the postcard you got.

Does it say if he was convicted of rape or statutory rape? The charge itself usually gives you some background as to whether this was a bf/gf relationship that was unlawful or whether this was an assault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join