It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says "Christians should NOT join Occupy Wall Street!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Seriously? Christians shouldn't join because it's considered rebellion?
So our Government can do what it wants and we can expect christians just to sit by and watch.
I'm sorry, but this is just frustrating. But then again, Pat Robertson is the same one who promotes giving euthinasia to elderly people who forget. How many christians will seriouly listen to him now?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

The Bible says to obey your government, So I see where he is coming from.
However, I am a Christian and I think it's OK to protest.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And anyone who call themselves a ``christian`` shouldn't listen to Pat Robertson. The guy has proven time and time again that he's a hatemonger POS.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here's a novel concept for all you "christians" . . . . Think For Yourself!

Actually, that goes for everyone, not just christians. Think for yourself. Question Authority. Thank you Dr. Leary.
edit on 10/28/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

All of this does not matter is why.
In heaven I will have eternal life errr.... 73 virgins ...or insert bonus here.
God will avenge me.
These are things the cavemen believe, they were spoonfed these lies at an early age.
Truth is, if you do not personally track down and kill those that oppress you, they will do it to more.
If they do not pay on this plane of existence they never will.
Religion is for the weak minded fool who cannot decide for them selves right from wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Organized religion generally frown on that kinda thing. It might meen a lot of their flock would never return, and the basket passed around might not be quite so full anymore :p

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm a Christian.

I don't listen to Pat.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Pat Robertson also says gays cause hurricanes.
Pat Robertson is an idiot.
Those who actually listen to, and believe him, are also idiots.
edit on 28-10-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Mmmm... I seem to remember a wee tale about a certain "Messiah" throwing the money changers - bankers if you will - from the temple!

I swear, if ol' JC returned right now he'd become a freakin' atheist after seeing what has been, and is being said and done in his Dad's name.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Pat is a corporate whore and has been all his life, every time I look at him I see how plastic he has become, he has so much plastic surgery that he is starting to look oriental, I believe he is into some kind of live preserving treatments, he doesn't want to die, because religion has been so good to him, money is good to him.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, we probably don't want any "Christians" that would be listening to Pat Robertson to participate anyways. Actually, he's weeding out all the idiots! Thank you Pat!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"Pat Robertson says "Christians should NOT join Occupy Wall Street!"?"
"He also said God wanted him to be POTUS. People say the darndest things, eh?"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Bible says to obey the government. But even Jesus overthrew the merchants in the synagogue, though the religious leaders and government were obviously okay with it. Of course laws need to be obeyed, but Jesus' action clearly shows that there comes a point when enough is enough and the corruption must be fought.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I doubt Mr. Robertson would recognize a christian if a lion ate one in front of him.

As another poster put, he's a chronic hate monger.

If you can take the time and have the stomach to listen to his hate filled ramblings of late, I sincerely get the impression his little red choo choo has gone chugging around dimentia bend.

The bright side is, he's about as relevant as a manual typewriter today. Televangelism is so 1980's pat.. c'mon man!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Pat Robertson also says gays cause hurricanes.
Pat Robertson is an idiot.
Those who actually listen to, and believe him, are also idiots.
edit on 28-10-2011 by subject x because:

True, Pat Robertson is fixated on gaping holes instead of God!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

The Bible says to obey your government...

Just more proof the bible is nothing but a control mechanism... Hippocrates...
edit on 28-10-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Every time Patsy makes remarks like this I start think he has never even read the Bible. Some of the greatest leaders in Bible showed defiance and anger, Moses, Sampson, John the Baptist and Jesus are a few examples. Of course Moses was never allowed into the Promised Land, Sampson had his eyes gouged out, John the Baptist was beheaded and Jesus was crucified and spent 3 days in Hell. Huh. Maybe Patsy is on to something. Thanks for looking out Mr. Robertson!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by GmoS719

The Bible says to obey your government...

Just more proof the bible is nothing but a control mechanism... Hippocrates...
edit on 28-10-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

Well, considering back when you could not do anything yet alone publish a book about faith without the kings approval...
We know who the true author of the bible was, it was a king looking to find a way to control his people.

To all christians, hey I think the christian base ideas are pretty good and the bible is a great story at times but...
Evey once in a while you might think to yourself, is this right?
Is this what Jesus would want?
Pat Robertson is the 1%.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Who is this 'Pat Robertson', but another man whom had corrupted a religion, destroying the good works with his own interpretations that has no relevance from the books which had been taught to mankind.

The Messiah himself would be amongst the OWS in peaceful protest today, just as he had once during back in time in Israel, performing his one and only violent act - kicking the butts of the financial mongers whom were desecreting the hallowedness of our Creator's meeting hall meant for mankind to congregate, share and discuss issues for the progress and evolution of humanity and certainly NOT for selfish self centred greed scams by those financial elites.

Today, we had seen how these descendants of the finance merchants ruled over mankind, the mistakes they had made and the doom they had led us into.

The Messiah once said that it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven. The Great Teacher also told his disciples of a poor widow who had gave her share to the treasury, and explained which of the two had given more and all-the poor widow even though in poverty.

Today, the masses are at their wits end in paying and paying for everything, even now paying on behalf of the rich elites mistakes while the elites and their syncophants enjoy their day in the sun .

Thus, make no mistakes on which side the Messiah, as well as every other divine Teacher sent by our common Creator. is on.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pat Robertson is another one of the preachers who has sold his soul to the Government, i.e. Devil. They are ordered, and oblige, to misinterpret Romans XIII to guarantee the survival of the state. Our churches, formerly houses of rebellion, would be in any revolution a house of traitors. It will be used for lies and manipulation; what arrogance they must have to do such thinks in the house of the Lord. But all who walk upright with their eyes open can see past the manipulators who hide behind the cloth and the pulpit. Robertson is one of those men who have perverted the text of Romans XIII to do the government's bidding.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Source

The secular or, 'civil', government wants you to believe this means God orders your obedience to them. But this is not true, it was written by Paul against civil government. He was telling those who loved the Christian God and wanted to be Saints who to obey, the supreme law is not one made by Caesar but by God. Secular government intentionally translates this into obedience to itself; that is an intentional deception.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join