It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
its just wierd

All religion have the same stories has Greek mythology is it possible that the 12 Olympians went to war because of us.

example: Posiedon is like Moses(God of seas) and Dioysus is like Jesus (god of wine and resurrection).

give me your opinion

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not really Greek....but go look into the godfather of all mythologies (the one that started most other religions)...look into Egyptian mythology and you'll be even more amazed. The similarities are shocking

edit on 28-10-2011 by Brad-H because: blooper

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPUP2000
its just wierd

All religion have the same stories has Greek mythology is it possible that the 12 Olympians went to war because of us.

example: Posiedon is like Moses(God of seas) and Dioysus is like Jesus (god of wine and resurrection).

give me your opinion

This is where your journey begins my friend.
Keep digging and learning and look into the other mythologies and you will see a HUGE comparison to all of them...like a string that never ends.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
Not really Greek....but go look into the godfather of all mythologies (the one that started most other religions)...look into Egyptian mythology and you'll be even more amazed. The similarities are shocking

And then go back even further to the Babylonians, Sumerians, Hindi's. The similarities are there too, and plenty of them. All from a common source we no longer have. Or do we?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by POPUP2000

Maybe, Just Maybe.
They are one in the same, just resurrected in another body with another name.
1 or 2 similarities is common, but for EVERYTHING to be the same.
Definitely not a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Simple to say, but deep to understand: If ancient history happened as the Book of Genesis outlines, we would expect to see just the things this thread mentions. It all makes sense together, or it makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Brad-H

And then go back even further to the Babylonians, Sumerians, Hindi's. The similarities are there too, and plenty of them. All from a common source we no longer have. Or do we?

I read a book on Sumeria that said the priests translated their holy documents from texts that were so old the language they were written in was considered dead. So whenever the Sumerian translators came across a word they didn't know, they just added it into the text as it was.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A lot of myths probably have grounding in fact. Which makes it all the more freaky.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

If you can think of the title of that book, I'd like to know it. I've heard this once before, and never could find the source. It's a very interesting tidbit.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by LeftySinister

If you can think of the title of that book, I'd like to know it. I've heard this once before, and never could find the source. It's a very interesting tidbit.

I want to say that it was, "The Sumerians: Their History, Culture and Character" by Samuel Noah Kramer. In the chapter on their religious practices. I'll double check that.

top topics

join