It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Madoff Exclusive: Barbara Walters' Firsthand Account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Bernie Madoff Exclusive: Barbara Walters

abcnews.go.com

Though he "can live with" the anger of people he defrauded out of billions of dollars and he is adjusting to the rhythms of life in prison, even at 73 years old, he is troubled by anger and turmoil within his own family.

"Not seeing my family and knowing they hate me" is the worst thing about being in prison, he said. "I betrayed them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
edit on 10/27/11 by gfthree7 because: headline edit

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Barbara Walters says she'll be talking more about her two-hour interview with Madoff in the coming weeks.

Madoff is a psychopath for sure, but we only get Walters' account of the interview as no cameras were allowed in the prison. Walters sounded sympathetic toward Bernie while discussing the interview in a brief segment on Good Morning America.

Bernie Madoff also says the young inmates at the medium-security federal prison look up to him for all the wrong reasons.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have no compassion or sympathy for this man....he is where he belongs.....he ruined many, many peoples lives. He knew what he was doing...he did it for years....his frauds and deceptions were premeditated and well planned out.

He is an idiot! His love of greed, power and money ment more to him than his wife or children.

edit on 27-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning. I actually understood what he said when he said something about feeling safer in prison than in society. He said he likes it because he doesn't have to think for himself, or something like that. I suppose it is still a punishment, spending the rest of your life in prison, but he doesn't really seem to mind all that much.

Maybe to punish him more effectively, we should let him out, and then force him to do things...things
lol. Do you guys feel sorry for the people he defrauded, or do you think that it was their own fault? For me it is a bit of both. Has anybody ever read Barry Minkow's book Cleaning Up? It was a great read, and a very similar occurrence.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can't see why anyone would be interested in what the man has to say. Morbid curiosity I guess. I'll pass thx. The man brought himself to this point, I've no tolerance for a "woe is me" song and dance because now he's a pariah to everyone. You earned what you're getting buddy.. unlike the money you stole.. so plz.. just shut up.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
of course the other cons look up to him. He's the greatest thief in the history of thieves. He pulled off the biggest heist and they worship him for it.

It's disgusting and, worse, the fact that he, his wife and his surviving son are all speaking out now, in an effort to promote the son's book, and counter the daughter in law's book (the widow of the son who hung himself). This is spin control from a family that is corrupt to the core.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We have no evidence bernie is in prison - just the word of the govt and their stooges in the corporate media. It's impossible to verify someone is in prison and my money says no. The elite are never punished.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the comments.... I have no sympathy at all for Bernie... I'm not sure what I think about Ruth.

It is morbid curiosity somewhat that keeps me interested; I guess I'm looking for the story where Bernie gets his ass kicked in prison.

The whole Madoff family saga is most definitely morbid. I'm certain we don't even know half of that whole story.

But who cares what Bernie has to say, right? I can certainly understand that many people don't want to listen to him. Barbara Walters says she has more to share of this interview though, and I think it will be interesting to see if he slips up or gets cocky and reveals the location of his alleged secret $9 billion stash, or anything like that.

And of course, we don't know for sure that Bernie Madoff is even really in prison.

Morbidly fascinating is the Bernie Madoff story. Do I feel sorry for those that invested in Madoff and lost everything? Yes I do.

I wish all of the Bernie Madoffs of the world could be brought to justice.

new topics

top topics

join