It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

True. I was watching the CNN video again when I noticed something strange about the Barbie dolls he was playing with. One had a black Magic Marker line running from the base of the neck, between the breasts, and stopping just above the pubic region - exactly where the incision for an autopsy would be made.

This kid is going to end up a serial killer, you watch and see.

"Mother's not feeling well right now."

Could you post a link to that video for all to see

I believe this kid is being psychologically manipulated
and did not decide this all himself.
To edit video found.

edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: Found video

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

My apologies then for confusing your position. I'm at work and tired haha.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

The boy is being abused.

I never said he is in it for the girls.

Watch Chaz Bono be the next leader of boy scouts!!

How do you look at your hate filled eyes in the mirror?

What is this child, or the parents doing to you that has your panties in such a bunch?

Perhaps the world would not be in such a mess that it is, if people didn't force their child to play with a GI Joe versus a Barbie doll.

It's not up to you to tell anybody else how to live, and what is acceptable, especially when it harms nobody, but apparently you.

The furthur I read your thread, the more vitriol you spew!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Of all the things going on in this crazy world these days .. the fact that ppl are concerned over this... non-issue seems a little absurd. : /

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A **BOY** joining **GIRL** scouts!!!!!!!

Mind your own business. If enough parents cared, they would pull the girls out, and the Girl Scouts of America or whatever would change their mind on the subject.

A large portion of a person is their brain & chemical make-up. It's not all about wee-wees and va-jay-jays.

link   
Wow...this is really thought provoking for me, honestly, I'm a bit conflicted about this one.

On one hand, I kinda feel for the child, I would never judge or look down on a kid for something like this.

on the other hand I do question the parents of this kid. I think many little boys take a interest at girl stuff at one point or the other, but I think the signals their parents send also have an impact on a small child. It sounds like the parents encouraged this interest but to what degree?

I think that while physiological quirks can explain alot, I do not think it explains everything and I think instead of nature versus nurture it may be more like nature+nurture.

It was a perfect storm of biological/social/cultural/and psychological factors that combined with this child.

As far as him/her being in girl scouts I think that the gender binary is so far out of whack in our society that it has almost become obsolete, so it does not surprise me the child is being allowed in girl scouts.

I just saw today, gay service members are launching an effort to have the military acknowledge their partners as spouses, so for better or worse our society is moving in this direction.

Some call it progress and equal rights, some call it the disintegration of classical values...

I have not entirely made up my mind on this one, but it helps reading others views!

If anyone is interested in the cultural aspects of this maybe this is a potential explanation:

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by discharged77

Do you think this little child will cause our society to come to a crashing end? How so?
You are naive if you think this is really about this child. Of course i feel bad for this 7 year old, for many reasons, but one of them happens to be the fact that his parents are complete #e. If what they claim about this boy is true he is already in for a lifetime of hell, why would you want to kick it off like this? Do you really think that the rest of the girls in the troupe are going to be accepting? How about the parents? Have you ever tried to explain these types of things to a 7 year old? You have to look deeper into the agenda of these people to see the real intentions behind these publicity stunts.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Biological and psychological gender do not always correlate. You should accept this and stop with the bigoted nonsense. I really dont see why this transgender kid should not be able to join girl scouts based on their mental gender.

But I do believe that the family needs to be checked carrefuly by psychologists, so that the parents are not behind this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm sure we'll all find out this is just a publicity stunt by another idiot parent desperate for their 15 minutes of fame.

At least this one only punk'd the Girl Scouts, and didn't involve police and fire/rescue chasing after a balloon thinking there was a kid in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignoranceisnotbliss2011

I forgot to mention that I do know a few transgendered boys and girls
For the record, all of the transgendered people I do know consider themselves to be straight...
Meaning that they are attracted to the gender with the same physical body parts as them, but do not feel that those same body parts reflect the person they are on the inside...

You shouldn't try to preach about things you know little or nothing about....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He or she is a child, and needs a lot more understanding and support. I have no problem with this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Maybe we'll see just the Scouts of America soon.
I never understood anyways why the scouts were separated to begin with except for the camping/tent issue.
Then again, when I attended Catholic Sunday school, we had a lock in before we were to be Confirmed and it was boys and girls. We were all in the 11th grade, too.

link   
In my opinion, most of the people who have posted in this thread are talking BS (typical uneducated ATS folks).
Fact is, that child is still too young to have any sexual choises.
His problem is his crazy mom, who very much wanted to have a daughter, but couldn't, so she tries to turn her boy into a girl.
Many moms prefer to have daughters than sons and I'm pretty sure thats the case here too, since there are so many crazy moms around these days, who want to project all kinds of things (their own wishes) onto their poor kids. Its really sad and makes me mad!

Ko3

link   
I found the youtube video!

Something is very wrong here!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Yeah. God forbid the girls in this troop are taught to accept others at an early age. This may just lead them to treat others who are different as equals when they grow up.

link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by popsmayhem

The boy is being abused.

I never said he is in it for the girls.

Watch Chaz Bono be the next leader of boy scouts!!

What is this child, or the parents doing to you that has your panties in such a bunch?

Perhaps the world would not be in such a mess that it is, if people didn't force their child to play with a GI Joe versus a Barbie doll.

It's not up to you to tell anybody else how to live, and what is acceptable, especially when it harms nobody, but apparently you.

LOL!!! If i caught my boy playing with barbies instead of GI joe i would be sure to steer him in the right direction by throwing all the dolls in the garbage can.

link   
Reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Saying one was born that way is a crutch, just as using the animal kingdom as an example for human behavior is.

We should be more understanding and let rape, murder, and theft go on without batting an eye.

Some people are born with the propensity to do theze things. And it does happen in the animal kingdom.

Amiright?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
In my opinion, most of the people who have posted in this thread are talking BS (typical uneducated ATS folks).
Fact is, that child is still too young to have any sexual choises.
His problem is his crazy mom, who very much wanted to have a daughter, but couldn't, so she tries to turn her boy into a girl.
Many moms prefer to have daughters than sons and I'm pretty sure thats the case here too, since there are so many crazy moms around these days, who want to project all kinds of things (their own wishes) onto their poor kids. Its really sad and makes me mad!

Ko3
I agree %100. But you know that the angry gay hordes are going to be coming out of the wood work on this one.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This one goes out to the OP and their cold black heart!

You should be ashamed of yourself. That's just a little kid.

edit on 27-10-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Had to fix a comma

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

I'm not telling ANYONE how to live..
Parents teach there children how to live,
and these parents are doing
A TERRIBLE JOB at parenting/teaching a child to live.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join