It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Bible Written or Changed By the Illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

In this video I tired to show that the concept that the Illuminati Changed the bible is something that must be believed on faith alone, because the evidence clearly refutes the theory in many ways:

1.Scientifically

2.Logically

3.Historically.

let me know what you all think.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
both.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know about originally, the bible is missing some books to start with, has been changed, new testament added to the old, im all for faith but come on, which is the real version? and thats before you look at each denomination of christian, differing traditions, the church not playing by its own rules, etc.

ed: I normally avoid this part with a ten foot pole but also, the new testament is choc -full- of metaphorical referances to space, for example east star, and the pass over of the s(u)n of god...but i digress.
edit on 27/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

ed: watched the video, cleverly done, yea its kinda tricky to debunk the -old- testiment being changed, because it wasn't, they removed the book of enoch, they changed the -new- testament in the 1600's.
edit on 27/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This Idea of the "real version" is something that I cant buy considering how the bible was actually written, I did a video about that too:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Were the Illuminati even around 2,000+ years ago?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I certainly wouldn't put it past them..

I tend to believe that it's been more of a psychological operation, taking place over many many generations. Though I don't consider myself a Christian, I think the Bible's true teachings definitely scare the elite. So I'm sure they've had a hand at formulating what has become modern interpretation of the Bible. Possibly through translations, which have gotten to a ridiculous point in recent years, but mainly through influential teaching. Why is it that Christians are largely pro-war? Why is it that Christians are largely supportive of our government? Why is pastor Rick Warren a member of the Council on Foreign Relations?

Through translation and interpretation, the Christian base in America has become docile and passive when it comes to government corruption.

My great-great-great-grandfather founded a Christian college in Illinois, back in 1860, called Wheaton College. It has since become one of the primary Christian schools in the country. Billy Graham went there. According to my ancestor, he founded the college in hopes of inspiring and cultivating "social activists".. also in 1871, my ancestor ran for president as part of the 'free-soil' party, the crux of his campaign being anti-secret society, anti-mason.. I think he would be heart-broken to see his school in present day, having turned into a house of obedience towards government, and a promoter of pro-establishment brain washing. Seriously.. you can spot a 'Wheaton college kid' from a mile away. They're all pu$$ies. It sucks..
edit on 27-10-2011 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The current books of the bible were decided upon by men at the Council of Nicea in 325. Many books were left out, just Google apocryphal books.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

i haven't watched the video, but a very big yes, the bible has been altered purposely several times. When the romans took up Christianity, they created a Christianity that suited them, what became the Vatican and the version of Christianity that is dictated to us worldwide, regardless if your catholic, methodist, evangelical, church of england etc etc.

the Vatican's prime duty is to protect the origins of Christianity the Vatican are the guardians of the faith, which is quite different and almost unrecognizable to todays bible, in-fact like all other Abrahamic religions, they differ slightly but the message is generally the same. the Vatican protects the roman version of the Abrahamic religion, What we identify as Christianity.

So Christianity before the romans was very different, many of the elements of the bible came from tribal beliefs native to the Arabian peninsula down to Egypt and Ethiopia , of which many tribes would identify them selfs as Christians at the time. There were i think 9 individual councils representing various forms of the faith, There are i think 15 known books and many scriptures to the original bible, but modern day bible's mainly only include 6 books as the others are not sponsored by the Vatican regardless of which arm of the faith you belong to.

i hope this gives some insight to the level at which the bible has been altered or rather suppressed over time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Very nice, thanks for this. Always gets on my nerves hearing people talk about all the changes that have been made to the bible, although pretty much EVERYTHING is documented and effectively all non-included books are still available as well, in addition to talking about all the different versions - which don't really have any disagreements regardless.

A handy video, thanks and I'll be subscribing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One of the finest examples of "denying ignorance" that I've seen. Logical, intellectual, and hard for a thinking person to refute.

Great narration skills too.

I'm off to watch your other vids. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by Amenti

i haven't watched the video, but a very big yes, the bible has been altered purposely several times...

You obviously haven't watched the video and your assertions are without academic merit. Watch the vid and try again by offering evidence rather than rhetoric please.

No offense.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video.

It's really informative and well made.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
The current books of the bible were decided upon by men at the Council of Nicea in 325. Many books were left out, just Google apocryphal books.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have a video debunking this too ;-)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The interpretations of the interpretations of the interpretations get changed and have been rewritten, all over these forums.

I don't see any reason why this was not the case in the past.

Akushla

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

I have a video debunking this too ;-)

I'm almost to the point of refusing to debunk the Nicea myths anymore. The canon of scripture wasn't even discussed at the Nicean council. The council was convened to address the Arian heresy.

Which is really weird because you'll still find people who call themselves Arian today. 1700 years after the heresy was settled at Nicea.
edit on 27-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL!!!! Apparently you didn't read your own link. You missed this portion under the "Misconceptions" headline:

The Biblical Canon

Main article: Development of the Christian Biblical canon

A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all.[51][52] The development of the Biblical Canon took centuries, and was nearly complete (with exceptions known as the Antilegomena) by the time the Muratorian fragment was written, perhaps as early as 150 years before the council, but more likely in the 4th century, specifically at the Council of Carthage in 397. In 331 Constantine commissioned fifty Bibles for the Church of Constantinople, but little else is known, though it has been speculated that this may have provided motivation for canon lists. In Jerome's Prologue to Judith[53][54][55] he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures".

edit on 27-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I don't take offense, so no offense taken. But contrary to the video, the romans did adopt Christianity and the story is widely known amongst scholars, but yes initially Christians were treated horrifically. Can you answer why only one Pope is recognized?

rhetoric please? evidence? and your evidence is a faceless youtube video " of someone else's view" though interesting, some historical events have been twisted some real tracable facts hidden to the "flavour" of the video, no offense but you have churches, libraries and of course the internet or even university. I wasn't out to offend folks, I'm a proud Christian myself, but even i understand that Christianity isn't what it used to be, look up coptic or the church of Alexandria the oldest active Christianity purest church unchanged since it's founding 300AD approx.

So in your view, what is the Vatican, it's purpose and role?
How many books are part of the bible, the original that is! I'm not saying they have re-worded the bible.
please answer why you have only 6 books in your bible, regardless of your denomination?
All three main religions are Abrahamic, All three were founded on the same spot geographically, temple mount. Jacob is a prophet in Islam and a very highly celebrated prophet, infact the highest ranking out of all three Abrahamic religions. The land called Jacob was renamed Israel by an angel according to the old testament, Jacob is the third book of the bible written by no other than the prophet Jacob, brother of the prophet Nephi.

Don't be offended by the history of Christianity, it's your history too (if your Abrahamic) Education is far superior to ignorance.

edit on 27-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

There are books that used to be in the bible that were taken out because a council of men deemed them too esoteric and not for the riffe-raffe eyes.

I think Book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible yet you don't find it in there because some group took it out.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Jacob is the third book of the bible written by no other than the prophet Jacob, brother of the prophet Nephi.

Book of Jacob? What Book of Jacob?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

this is very true, but times change and so do meanings, gay for instance once meant happy, Aryan once meant people of Iran, Iran meaning "land of noble people" , but now depicts blonde hair and blue eyed people (in a negative view)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by Amenti

There are books that used to be in the bible that were taken out because a council of men deemed them too esoteric and not for the riffe-raffe eyes.

I think Book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible yet you don't find it in there because some group took it out.

The Nicean Council never discussed the canon of scripture. Did you read my post a few above your's?

And the Book of Jasher wasn't considered inspired that's why it's not included in the Tanakh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join