It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just ran across this on MSN...looks pretty interesting...

page: 1...
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think this worth looking at and the filmographers state they have Stephen Hawking on their side...we shall see, uh?? Forgive me if this has already been posted...I am a noob...anyway, what you will see when you click the link is a photo of what appears to be an human face without any ethnic features endemic to the area...the carving or sculpture is a bust approximately 17 feet tall...the article states that the filmographers claim Hawking is in agreement with their findings and conclusions, although the author states Hawking has not replied to follow up e-mails...

movies.msn.com...

edit on 10/26/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Understand it's a little inconvenient if someone merely posts a link and some vague description.
In fact, i have no idea what this is about and i am certainly too lazy to click that link just to see what this is actually about.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

I do not know, but I think I may have placed this in the wrong thread...again, my sincere apologies to the community...It may belong in lost civilizations...or even conspiracies, based on some of the content in the article...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Sorry, and I will edit my post to give a synopsis...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Heres the first paragraph:

The filmmakers behind "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," who said that their film will reveal evidence of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, have now released to TheWrap what they claim is photographic evidence of a pre-Mayan, alien civilization. And they claim they've got Stephen Hawking on their side.

It does seem interesting, but maybe add a little more info about what it is so people who are interested in this sort of thing can find it in searches

First i've heard of this, however skimming across the article this stuck out to me:

After the photo was taken in the late 1930s, he said, it was published only once, in a magazine that was then immediately withdrawn from circulation by "the government of England."

May be worth reading the full article.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From the link:

Mejia described the photograph as being "of a bust which at first glance can be seen to have an elongated cranium and fine characteristics which are not consistent with pre-Hispanic races of America."

However, the 'elongation' seems to be more from the forehead to the chin and not the forehead to back-of-head 'elongation' we sometimes associate with the 'Grays" for example.

They've been hyping this film like crazy with statements they not only can't back up, but are refuted by the authorities who gave them permission for the film.

My guess is that since filming has yet to start, the hype is an attempt to raise funds.

Don't get your hopes up on this one. Peace.
edit on 26-10-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
that bust looks like a human being. if anything, that's proof the mayans have seen another human being, not an extraterrestrial.

if stephen hawking is behind this, then i have to question his status as a genius.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The movie that is to be made from Raul Julia-Levy has been posted here.
I thought it was all to be kept secret until the movie comes out? It will be interesting to see what they have found and the Mexican government has been hiding.

Julia-Levy has been specifically ordered not to talk about any of the more mystical possibilities that might strain credulity as Mexico prepares to launch the far-reaching (and tourism-inducing) 2012 Mayan World Program.

[url=http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/mayan-documentary-reveal-secret-government-information-%E2%80%A6-will-it-be-archaeology-or-mysti]wrap[/ url]

As to why this was released now, I'm guessing he is still looking for investors?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well Hawking is physicist not an archeologist, so his endorsement of anything like this is about as good as mine

here's a video of a guy named Klaus Dona talking about some weird Meso American artifacts that I myself didn't even know existed interesting stuff!. this video is two of five

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That looks identical to the moa'i of Easter Island

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't have any explanation for giant heads around the planet, but I don't think anyone else does either. It's just more daydreaming and speculation.

As far as Stephen Hawking working with them: So what if he does? The fact that he's a certified genius in one or more fields of study doesn't mean that he's a genius in everything. I'm sure there are many, many things he's just as ignorant of or dumb about as any other human. To imply otherwise is ignorance on its face. He doesn't know any more about aliens than I do--which is nothing; and anything he says is just as speculative and potentially idiotic as anything I say.

But don't get me wrong. I don't have any problem believing that aliens could be responsible for many mysterious things around the planet--including giant heads, mystifying ancient architectural and engineering feats, and crop circles. I'm just saying that until we know, it's all necessarily and by definition speculation....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People carve weird things, what can I say?
Also, they used to strech their skulls which is why its elongated.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
looks like my ex-wife after a hard night of drinking!!! seriosly, it looks very easter-islandy to me, cool though

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Mysterious Head Photo - What is it?

What should have been a joyous occassion, was one of despair. Padilla said that the statue had been destroyed: "It was destroyed by revolutionaries about ten years ago. We had located the statue too late. It was used as target practice by anti-government rebels. This totally disfigured it, sort of like the way the Sphinx in Egypt had its nose shot off by the Turks, only worse." The eyes, nose and mouth had completely gone. No doubt, the fact that the head had been carved from soft sandstone did not help; it had helped to make this face very smooth, but also very brittle. Padilla was able to measure its height as between 4 and 6 metres, with the head resting on a neck.

edit on 26-10-2011 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Nice video still lost on one thing I am trying to find more info on the stone tablet they found in India back in 1880 but i have no idea what he said and my wife was drawing the same blank i was. The location or name of the tablet was hard to understand his accent seemed a little strong. The convo in question is around 8:00-8:12.
edit on 26-10-2011 by warsight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

reject, thank you for accomplishing what this noob could not...I appreciate it...I really need to bone up on how this site operates...I am relatively computer literate, but still cannot get a simple avatar to upload...anyway, the more I look at the whole story, it appears as if this is article is a trailer prior to the big picture...I wonder if someone could get a hold of the original article somewhere or if they have all been confiscated...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warsight
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Nice video still lost on one thing I am trying to find more info on the stone tablet they found in India back in 1880 but i have no idea what he said and my wife was drawing the same blank i was. The location or name of the tablet was hard to understand his accent seemed a little strong. The convo in question is around 8:00-8:12.
edit on 26-10-2011 by warsight because: (no reason given)

He's speaking of the "Churchward Plates" [look up lost continent of Mu on Wikipedia]:

Churchward claimed that "more than fifty years ago," while he was a soldier in India, he befriended a high-ranking temple priest who showed him a set of ancient "sunburnt" clay tablets, supposedly in a long lost "Naga-Maya language" which only two other people in India could read. Having mastered the language himself, Churchward found out that they originated from "the place where [man] first appeared—Mu." The 1931 edition states that “all matter of science in this work are based on translations of two sets of ancient tablets:” the clay tables he read in India, and a collection 2,500 stone tablets that had been uncovered by William Niven in Mexico.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I found it still can't find any link to the plates he was talking about. the whole lost continent is very interesting. Might have to find a topographic map to see if its possible.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And Julia-Levy then passed along a direct quote that, he claimed, came from no less than Stephen Hawking, whom he said "is going to work with us" and will be included in his film: "'I warn humanity that aliens are out there. Just because the aliens were friends with the Mayans doesn't mean they are our friends. Humans should avoid contact with aliens at all costs.

"If aliens ever visit us," Hawking has said, "I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

Interesting to say the least...

I'm conflicted in understanding why this story came out, especially since the documentary hasn't even began shooting...
It's either, a bad move on their part, considering they even site there being a government conspiracy in regards to keeping this connection secret. Which would imply that this information is/was held as being information in which they dont want the public to know about. Having said that, there is most likely a target on their heads...watch for some news story to surface... "Film makers plane goes down on the outskirts of Guatamala.
Or, maybe by releasing this information they are hoping to become more high profile, there for putting it in the public eye, hoping to prevent any harm being done to them.

Whatever the case is, I can't wait to hear more about this story, it should get good from here on out...

And incase you've missed it, check out "The Revelations of the Pyramids", as well as search for "The Terra Papers"....

ok, I guess I wont make yall work so hard, here are their links....

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

WARNING: The Terra Papers get a little deep, and have huge implications... and gets a little crazy

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I personally, through normalcy bias deny the presence or previous interactions with aliens.... but that doesn't mean that I wont entertain the idea...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by warsight
I found it still can't find any link to the plates he was talking about. the whole lost continent is very interesting. Might have to find a topographic map to see if its possible.

They were called the "Naacal Tablets." The priest showed him only some fragments; but he supposedly confirmed his information from other sources.

Here's someone who claims to have re-discovered the tablets. I haven't watched the video, I'm only pointing to it:

Rediscovery of the Naacal Tablets March 2011 Update

top topics

<<   2 >>

join