It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/11/11, Portal to Another Universe? (String Theory Says So!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

What a bizzare post.

Prophecy is not the domain of string theory. I have gone through several of these so called "ascension" post lately and each and everytime false science that has been debunked is used to try and rationalize this so called awakening.

Please, i encourage you to show me where in true string theory it shows how we as physical beings who only appear to be able to interact with three physical dimensions will suddenly be able to interact with more than those obvious three. I challenge you.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is a hoax bin slam dunk....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Smells awfuly like a viral marketing for new Brian Greene’s show.
And this:

Guess when it comes out ;]

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

According to World News Forecast, 11:11am on 11/11/11 could, if Uri Geller is right, be a portal to another universe.

I don't know whether i should laugh or cry...seriously...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I know some odd things are transpiring these days, but do we have to worry about packing first?

And how many bags are we aloud to carry through?
edit on 26-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

yeah that!

String Theory is the power of your thought creating. It doesn't matter what calendar you use it is the energy that is put into the numbers. If Billions of people think that 11/11/11 is just that, then the energy is put into the numbers. Regardless of what type of calender you are using.

I read this non fiction book many months ago. I believe it was just called "Teleportation" It was about the history and advances on Teleporotation. A real brain burner and not many people would be able to read it though, but I found it exciting and many if not most of the most intelligent learners in the world believed in string theory even as bizarre as it was they felt that Quantum Mechanics and String Theory were viable and real. The Schrödinger's cat theory is a good example of some of the theory that most Average Joes and Janes would just laugh at.
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't knock what you don't understand.
edit on 26-10-2011 by outandopen because: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

11-11-11 is in the Illuminati Card Game so it must be something special to the Elites. The elite use numerology as well as astrology to run the world. Start at 8:46 to see the messages about 11:11:11.

A few Crop Circles also show 11:11.

Arguing over the meaning is useless. Why do our Ego's always want us to think we know when we have no clue.
The Immortals movie also comes out on 11-11-11.

Peace to all.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is the bit about the 11 dimensions.
superstringtheory.com...
How many dimensions?

Before string theory won the full attention of the theoretical physics community, the most popular unified theory was an eleven dimensional theory of supergravity, which is supersymmetry combined with gravity. The eleven-dimensional spacetime was to be compactified on a small 7-dimensional sphere, for example, leaving four spacetime dimensions visible to observers at large distances.
This theory didn't work as a unified theory of particle physics, because it doesn't have a sensible quantum limit as a point particle theory. But this eleven dimensional theory would not die. It eventually came back to life in the strong coupling limit of superstring theory in ten dimensions.
How could a superstring theory with ten spacetime dimensions turn into a supergravity theory with eleven spacetime dimensions? We've already learned that duality relations between superstring theories relate very different theories, equate large distance with small distance, and exchange strong coupling with weak coupling. So there must be some duality relation that can explain how a superstring theory that requires ten spacetime dimensions for quantum consistency can really be a theory in eleven spacetime dimensions after all.
Since we know that all string theories are related, and we suspect that they are but different limits of some more fundamental theory, then perhaps that more fundamental theory exists in eleven spacetime dimensions? These question bring us to the topic of M theory.
The theory currently known as M

Technically speaking, M theory is is the unknown eleven-dimensional theory whose low energy limit is the supergravity theory in eleven dimensions discussed above. However, many people have taken to also using M theory to label the unknown theory believed to be the fundamental theory from which the known superstring theories emerge as special limits.
We still don't know the fundamental M theory, but a lot has been learned about the eleven-dimensional M theory and how it relates to superstrings in ten spacetime dimensions.
In M theory, there are also extended objects, but they are called M branes rather than D branes. One class of the M branes in this theory has two space dimensions, and this is called an M2 brane.
Now consider M theory with the tenth space dimension compactified into a circle of radius R. If one of the two space

edit on 26-10-2011 by outandopen because: vid

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Okay then, be sure to come on over to ATS when you get back from the other universe and tell us about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

And can you grab me a t-shirt from over there. size large please.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

11/11/11, Portal to Another Universe? (String Theory Says So!)

Absolute and complete rubbish. To say that "string theory says so" is an outright falsehood (read: LIE).

Who the heck is flagging this tripe?

btw: Uri Gellar was also "sure" that a giant sentient computer orbited the Earth in the 1970's and it spoke to people, guess what? He was completely wrong about that too.
edit on 10/26/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
This is a hoax bin slam dunk....
I second the motion...HOAX!

Actually I'm probably at least the 6th who confirmed it's untrue, but I didn't count.

I think the source, "newsAhead" should probably be called "newsMadeUp"

String theory makes no such predictions.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
The Schrödinger's cat theory is a good example of some of the theory that most Average Joes and Janes would just laugh at.

I have read and understand the mind-bending Schrodingers Cat theory. Incredibly fascinating and quite an eye-opener.

What i dont understand is what you stated just before that.

Originally posted by outandopen
String Theory is the power of your thought creating. It doesn't matter what calendar you use it is the energy that is put into the numbers. If Billions of people think that 11/11/11 is just that, then the energy is put into the numbers. Regardless of what type of calender you are using.

Please, explain to me how or where in string theory it states than we "create" with our minds. Because that statement is untrue. What Schrodingers cat theory explains quantum entanglement, not that we "create with out mind". I think you might even be mixing that up with particle duality.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Ok I get the implication of quantum level observation as the trigger to initiate the connection BUT what we don't actively "observe" 11/11/11? In other words if a day happens and no one observes it does it occur.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Yes, I know.

I was hoping, in a non confrontational manner, to get the OP to come to the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, he/she seems to be the only one not asking that same question.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow, I gotta say guys, I'm really surprised by how many people took this seriously.

Every now and then in the mainstream media, they share some odd and funny news story. It's always a nice break from the regular depressing and/or frustrating (bad?) news grind.

Today I came across this wacky story in 3 different places, dealing with alternative news/topics, so I thought I would share it for a good laugh. That's all.

Loosen up people

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I should add too, I have a degree in physics and studied a little String Theory. In NO WAY does it predict a portal opening on 11/11/11 , so I wouldn't bother trying to figure that one out

But, I always enjoy a good jab at String Theory

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

your right I shouldn't have said "thought" mis speak. I should have said observation or some believe it is your expectation.

This Schroeder's Cat Experiment is sometimes called quantum indeterminacy or the observer's paradox : the observation or measurement itself affects an outcome, so that the outcome as such does not exist unless the measurement is made. (That is, there is no single outcome unless it is observed.)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This was clearly a satirical article. Columbia would never post a serious article which used the number of letters in a person's name as evidence supporting a scientific theory. Soooo, let's move on. Also, if you thought the Columbia article was serious, you have no business postulating on quantum physics.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What Schrodingers cat theory explains quantum entanglement, not that we "create with out mind". I think you might even be mixing that up with particle duality.

Not necessarily. Although you can think up versions of Schrodinger's Cat that explicitly include entanglement, it was originally meant to illustrate the principle of quantum superposition at the microscopic level (the radioactive decay) and how the behavior of quantum superpositions do not carry over to the macroscopic level (the cat). Superposition is a more general phenomenon that does not necessarily have to include entanglement. (Of course, once you bring in a measuring device, things get fuzzy) The first calculation/problem most students study in Quantum Mechanics - a particle in an infinite box - is an example of superposition, which does not consider/include quantum entanglement, which is a more advanced topic.

But, there is the indirect implication within Schrodingers thought experiment that the observer may bring about the outcome ("creates with his mind", as you said). It could seem to indicate that it's not until the act of observation that the decay happens or not. Before the act of observation, the atom existed within a superposition of potentialities. This issue is still debated today, although not considered super seriously, in general. It is, however, part of at least a couple of the contending interpretations of quantum mecahnics today.

Although, none of this implies somebody can open a portal to a parallel Universe with their mind

edit on 26-10-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join