It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/11/11, Portal to Another Universe? (String Theory Says So!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

11/11/11, Portal to Another Universe? (String Theory Says So!)

www.newsahead.com

Beware on November 11, 2011 (or 11/11/11) a portal to another Universe may open!! This is accurately predicted by String Theory apparently, which will make it the first testable and verifiable prediction of String Theory!

So, if you want out, you may have your ticket on 11/11/11!Don't miss the date!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.urigeller.com
www.math.columbia.edu

UPDATED
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Wed Oct 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

String theory is said to be the theory of everything. It is a way of describing every force and matter regardless of how large or small or weak or strong it is. There are a few eleven’s that have been found in string theory.

I find this to be interesting since this theory is supposed to explain the universe! The first eleven that was noticed is that string theory has to have 11 parallel universes (discussed in the beginning of the “11.11″ article) and without including these universes, the theory does not work.

The second is that Brian Greene has 11 letters in his name. For those of you who do not know, he is a physicist as well as the author of The Elegant Universe, which is a book explaining string theory. (His book was later made into a mini series that he hosted.) Another interesting find is that Isaac Newton (who’s ideas kicked off string theory many years later) has 11 letters in his name as well as John Schwarz. Schwarz was one of the two men who worked out the anomalies in the theory. Plus, 1 person + 1 person = 2 people = equality.

If that brilliant peice of reasoning doesn't convince you, I dont know what will.

www.newsahead.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-10-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So string theory adheres to the Gregorian calendar? which time zone if I might ask?

This is important because 11/11/2011 is only 11/11/2011 because that specific calendar system says so.. Dates are relative to the beginning of that calendar system, not the universe.. This particular idea is silly for that reason.

Same with the notion posed by Uri Gellar that the time 11:11 is significant at all, since time zones vary by geological location.. that and Uri Gellar is just silly to begin with

edit on 26-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Umm string theory makes no predictions on any portals to other universes opening based on questionable math and number shenanigans. don't even try to tell me it does, it doesn't.

String theory is interesting but as of yet unproven. Every particle we see, according to string theory, is merely 1 point on a massive string which lives in all the universes, and matter is defined by the vibration of that string.

It's a really kewl concept, but does not make any predictions based on the number of letters in anyones name.

Israeli-born Geller, widely known for his trick of bending spoons and keys with his mind, explains on his website the role String Theory plays in his double-11 ideas. PBS program Nova explains String Theory, often described as the theory of everything, in terms of eleven dimensions, parallel universes and a world made out of string.

AND the deal is sealed. Uri Geller was a fraud and was proven as such by James Randi.

Not a nutjob hack from the 70s who was a FRAUD is part of the source of this information?

Dear god.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

If that brilliant peice of reasoning doesn't convince you, I dont know what will.

I don't think Kaku would agree with that.

I'm praying that your being sarcastic and I'm not even a religious man.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
So string theory adheres to the Gregorian calendar? which time zone if I might ask?

This is important because 11/11/2011 is only 11/11/2011 because that specific calendar system says so.. Dates are relative to the beginning of that calendar system, not the universe.. This theory is silly for that reason..

Was just going to post this.

Why do people assume the rest of the universe uses our calender system when it is determined by our lunar cycles?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why post something you don't believe that appears to be complete rubbish. Then get all sarcastic about it. That is like the definition of trolling if you ask me. Now you've wasted my time and countless others with shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Sounds a little far fetched to me. I'd like to know how this discovery stacks up against real science.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

This is important because 11/11/2011 is only 11/11/2011 because that specific calendar system says so.. Dates are relative to the beginning of that calendar system, not the universe.. This theory is silly for that reason..

Was just going to post this.

Why do people assume the rest of the universe uses our calender system when it is determined by our lunar cycles?

Righto .. and if this made up bit of string theory ( portals ) does adhere to the gregorian calendar, I do want to know which time zone it's operating from because some parts of the world are going to be 11/11 while others are in 11/10 .. plus it may help us to know if string theory follows daylight savings time or not.. =) wouldn't want to miss it because I was in the wrong zone..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well after reading some of the links in the OP, then doing a little independant research myself (its amazing that we can do that) The only connection between this portal and string theory is the number 11? Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Which in affect is actualy "M-Theory" an extension of string theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Actually after thinking about this, I'm going to dub this new portal theory "Sillystring Theory
Now you're playing with portals, Silly portals"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I asked this in another thread and never received an answer. Perhaps you can explain it.

The following dates, currently, can all be written as 11/11/11:

November 11, 0011
November 11, 1011
November 11, 1111

So what is so special about 2011?

Rather, I would think the "original" November 11th in 11 AD would be the most accurate since it is common practice to not include zeros at the forefront of numbers. Whereas, in all other dates you are merely writing the short format and doesn't specify to which century the date is actually from. Obviously, the century becomes irrelevant during a person's life since we do not currently live to see more than one century, however it would be important to your particular theory.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I agree. They way that this is being applied here leaves real science out. This is no different than all the other similar predictions that never came to pass.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by NoNameBrand

Actually after thinking about this, I'm going to dub this new portal theory "Sillystring Theory
Now you're playing with portals, Silly portals"

Love it.

Using Uri Geller as a source sure didn't help the OP much either.

Maybe we should get Vanna Whites opinion too?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I read "The Elegant Universe", and I assure you that Brian Greene, and none of his follow-up documentation indicates what you've just stated.

Numerology is pursued by people who are too lazy to do actual research and prefer to add, subtract, multiply and divide ambiguous numerical sequences in an attempt to find meaning and formulate predictions which either (a) would be revealed if they did some research or (b) is impossible to derive due to the astonomical number of independent variables.

Don't soil this man's name and his discipline. Go find a glp idiot you can stare at your naval with...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I asked this in another thread and never received an answer. Perhaps you can explain it.

The following dates, currently, can all be written as 11/11/11:

November 11, 0011
November 11, 1011
November 11, 1111

So what is so special about 2011?

Rather, I would think the "original" November 11th in 11 AD would be the most accurate since it is common practice to not include zeros at the forefront of numbers. Whereas, in all other dates you are merely writing the short format and doesn't specify to which century the date is actually from. Obviously, the century becomes irrelevant during a person's life since we do not currently live to see more than one century, however it would be important to your particular theory.

There is NOTHING special about 2011. The reason we hear about it, is because 11/11/11 just looks so pretty all lined up like that.
edit on 26-10-2011 by NoNameBrand because:

edit. Actually 11/11/11 does mean something for some people.

Veterans get a free car wash

Anouncement of a Halloween hounds costume competition.

And heres a good one.
A picnic in the park.

But honestly. Thats about it.
edit on 26-10-2011 by NoNameBrand because: added more info

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For those who are saying that it's impossible because String Theory and the Gregorian Calendar are incompatible because the calendar is just a tool that we have created and that it doesn't really count since the universe doesn't recognize its meaning, I have to disagree.

String Theory is connected to Quantum-Physics/Mechanics which means that it's all about the power of thought and mind.
Even if 11/11/11 won't be a special day for the universe as a whole, for us it will be 11/11/11. In other words, our thoughts will all acknowledge the fact that the date is 11/11/11, and that on its own can be enough. Reality is fluid and each individual creates his/her own reality according to Q-Physics/Mechanics.

If I have learned anything from all the forms of physics that I have been reading on, it's to never say never, regardless of how ridiculous something may sound because in the end, reality is is nothing more than what the mind believes to be true... In other words, your mind alters the perceived universe and reality with every little thought.

I am not saying that this "theory" on 11/11/11 is incorrect but I am also not saying that it's incorrect. IMO, It all depends on what the majority of the people are thinking and to what extent.

IT--
edit on 26-10-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Interesting in that this coincides with the Mayan Crystal Skull Ceremony.

On 11:11:11, another group of thirteen Elders will arrive in LA from the Mayaland to come together in a Gateway Event that will be highlighted by the performance of the Mayan Crystal Skull Ceremony.

Now, I'm the last person that would find any significance with these two "events" that are supposed to happen on November 11th, but nevertheless, I'm sure some of you out there can find some "meaning" behind these two corresponding affairs

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Lol. Counting of letters in names, what kind of poppycock are you pulling.
Get over it, String theory is all poppycock, with circular fancy math.

<<   2  3 >>

join