It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase my families survival rate from 3% Wave & Nuclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Where do I go what can I do

For some time now the thoughts of some sort of global disaster have entered my thoughts and I reckon in the next few years something huge will happen maybe not as big as I am trying to picture here.

Think disaster movie style mix reality with a tad bit of fantasy

My family think I’m completely nuts and really just brush of my comments about the end of days I have ran a few scenarios in my head and keep coming up with the same ending (Death).
I live in the North East of England I have spent some time in the British Army and from my experience of been in the forces and running what may happen in my head many times over I have come to this section of the site for some further ideas on how to increase the survival rate the scenarios are as follows.

Flood Tidal Mega wave:

The Wave...
...itself will travel through water at up to 600 miles (1000 kilometers) per hour and will be unseen by sea going vessels, as the wave travels within the upper layers of the water. However, as it approaches the shoreline the wave erupts above the water level to the same height as the wave depth, in this case over 100 feet. There may also be a series of waves of various sizes. 100/120 feet (37 meters) refers to the waves in the quoted New York/ Boston area. The effect nearer to the event will be MUCH, MUCH worse.

Living in the NE I calculate this would be a non-survivable situation due to the size of the land mass between me and the Atlantic. Ireland would take the hit first maybe taking some force from the wave. Which would give me approximately 2hr 45 mins to make my way to higher ground which would be Scotland taking into account I would be on foot there is no way I could make the distance in that time frame. Heading south is not an option due to the sheer amount of human migration and lack of above sea level land.

Invasion Nuclear:

If this did happen the most populated area would be hit. London would be the first followed by Manchester and then maybe smaller hits to surround the population with the nuclear fallout. The only way to survive this type of attack is bunkers with supplies for a long time.
Here are some effects of fall out.

Effects of Radiation Exposure on Human Health
Although a dose of just 25 rems causes some detectable changes in blood, doses to near 100 rems usually have no immediate harmful effects. Doses above 100 rems cause the first signs of radiation sickness including:
o nausea
o vomiting
o headache
o some loss of white blood cells
Doses of 300 rems or more cause temporary hair loss, but also more significant internal harm, including damage to nerve cells and the cells that line the digestive tract. Severe loss of white blood cells, which are the body's main defense against infection, makes radiation victims highly vulnerable to disease. Radiation also reduces production of blood platelets, which aid blood clotting, so victims of radiation sickness are also vulnerable to hemorrhaging. Half of all people exposed to 450 rems die, and doses of 800 rems or more are always fatal. Besides the symptoms mentioned above, these people also suffer from fever and diarrhea. As of yet, there is no effective treatment--so death occurs within two to fourteen days.
In time, for survivors, diseases such as leukemia (cancer of the blood), lung cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, and cancers of other organs can appear due to the radiation received.

Bunkers as mentioned above would be heavily guarded by military personnel my closest bunker from me is approximately 17km away in the middle of an army base.

Here is a list of bunker sites in the UK 209.157.64.200...

Here is a good site for the facts www.family-survival-planning.com...

I see no way of surviving a multiple nuclear strike on home soil without the correct nuclear biochemical warfare equipment NBC for short or prior knowledge of the attack and access to a bunker facility.

This is the government plan www.guardian.co.uk...

This section is the first two of my five threats and will add the others later. I appreciate you time in trying to increase the rate of survival to at least 25% rather than my current 3%

Please also take into account two other members of the party a woman and a young boy I would have quick access to survival supplies and medical equipment and would be on foot and can only take what I we can carry on our back.

I also understand that these may be the worst possible case but would rather prepare for that and know that all bases are covered.

As most of you will know in this section of ATS there is so many factors will have a impact on your survival in taking a number of these factors into account my "I will survive attitude" is decreasing by the months with a mindset now of about 50% leading myself to think dying in the immediate wave of strike would be the best for my loved ones and myself as the raod ahead by not be worth living.

edit on 26-10-2011 by judus because: spelling

edit on 26-10-2011 by judus because: more info

edit on 26-10-2011 by judus because: added more info

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Damn!!!!

You actually believe this is going to happen and try tell other people about it???

You must be a barrell of laughs to be around LOL

Hope for your sake it does happen coz if it doesnt youve wasted alot of time and energy worrying when you could have been enjoying your life.

Heres to hoping your not the last one laughing

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

I don't get you claims on the flood tidal wave - im in Yorkshire and wouldn't worry in the slightest at a 100/120 foot wave on the atlantic side of the UK - the Penines are definitely tall enough to act as a breakwater! Also, the largest wave to hit us that we know about was from the Storrega (not sure on spelling) under sea shelf collapse off the coast of Norway - there is evidence that this 'only' made it around 30 miles in land on mainland UK although it obviously did completely wipe out Doggerland and create the breach that allowed in the North Sea

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Damn!!!!

You actually believe this is going to happen and try tell other people about it???

You must be a barrell of laughs to be around LOL

Hope for your sake it does happen coz if it doesnt youve wasted alot of time and energy worrying when you could have been enjoying your life.

Heres to hoping your not the last one laughing

Lol dont get me wrong im not some wack job who thinks doom and gloom all the time I have a intrest in survival and wanted the members of ATS opinions on this matter. Im pretty happy to be around but want to be ready just in case

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

The easiest way to avoid all of this is move to a larger landmass with millions of square miles of forest and tall mountains. I actually have a new neighbor who just moved here from Ireland

edit on 26-10-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: s

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Im thinking in terms of lets call it a mega wave very far fetched i know disaster movie style.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
World's Biggest Tsunami

The largest recorded tsunami was a wave 1720 feet tall in Lituya Bay, Alaska

geology.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Don't get me wrong, i love threads that fire the imagination!
I just think that in that particular we would be fine but those on the west coast would have some problems. However, if this was from the Norwegian / Greenland / Iceland area then we may have a lot of trouble! Im in York which is lovely but also, frankly, very low down so i'd be getting the canoe out! Either that or heading for the high ground but for me that would depend upon time scale.

For the nuclear scenario, in all honesty i would not wish to survive the blast as i only see agony and torment down the survival route. I therefore think that if we knew where it would hit, i would try and get as close as possible. Failing that, id be heading to the dales or moors and seeking refuge in the caves

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

But that was from a glacier collapse and the waves weren't too high once they reached open sea - some in boats on the lake even survived this incident!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If your preparing for nuclear fallout, you should also prepare for more unlikely incidents. Like a zombie apocalypse. The Rapture. A black hole. The expanding sun. Wild donkey attacks. Cooties. Meteor strikes. Tanks. Mormons. NWO. Giant spiders. Colbolt bombs. Alien invasions. Mongolian invasions. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Bear traps. Sand traps. Sandstorms. Rain storms. Acid rain...

Catch my drift?

Buy a lair underground.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
If your preparing for nuclear fallout, you should also prepare for more unlikely incidents. Like a zombie apocalypse. The Rapture. A black hole. The expanding sun. Wild donkey attacks. Cooties. Meteor strikes. Tanks. Mormons. NWO. Giant spiders. Colbolt bombs. Alien invasions. Mongolian invasions. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Bear traps. Sand traps. Sandstorms. Rain storms. Acid rain...

Catch my drift?

Buy a lair underground.

I think you would need more than a underground lair leaving the planet would be the best option lol

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think you better throw away your radiation exposure sheet. Find a real one.

Can tell you right now its completely wrong.

Here. click print.

www.alertsusa.com...

edit on 26-10-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Actually, you may wanna rewatch those videos and reread the story.
The wall of water was 100 feet tall, it splashed 1800 feet.
Plus no matter what hits the water, a bay born tsunami could never generate the energy an ocean born wave could.
It's all about resources.
But the alaska incident was probably an awesome sight.
(Edit)
Now as for being prepared, some folks will call you names for having worries of natural disasters, these are the same kind of folks who might have perished in a number of historic cataclysms.
There are areas you could go to as to avoid certain problems.
But it seems every area can have it's own problems, Mid south US tornadoes, coastal areas are Hurricane/ tsunami areas, Etc.
Just pick out which disaster you fear the most and move away from the areas that could be easily effected by said disaster.
If you fear Tsunami, move to the top of a volcano!!
In short, if Momma Nature has got it out for you, there is no running.
Just do what you can with what you got and sleep easy.

edit on 26-10-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sorry, totally boneheaded and forgot the Nuclear aspect, when I got caught in the tsunami.

As posted above, a nuke is very easy to survive as long as you are not at ground zero.
Even at ground zero there is still a chance of survival!
It just depends on how deep your bunker is, ummm and if you can dig out.

But from exposure, you could simply dig a hole in your backyard and place supports in said hole.
You then cover the top with multiple layers of crap.
Different radiations work in different ways and last varying lengths.
But nuke is very surviveable.
How many folks are dead in the Fukishima area?
MMMHM alot of hype, they may have long term probs, but they still breath!
There is still hope.

Hope it helps

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Even ground zero is survivable. Both churches in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were damaged in the blasts. Nagasaki was 4 miles away but 1/2 mile inside the firestorms yet not burnt. everyone walked away. No signs of radiation in their bodies. US med core examined them.

The church in Hiroshima was 8 blocks from detonation and engulfed in the blast wave and firestorms.

8 priests walked away with small cuts from broken glass. They were examined by US medical core and had no trace of radiation in their bodies. All lived long lives afterwards.

Here is the one in Hiroshima:

ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

~snip~... Mormons...
~snip~

*shudder*

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack