It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAL LAW Happening Now! Introduced throughout USA Cities thru 'Occupy' Protests - As Planned.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not at all.... In fact, I was rather disturbed to say the least at how the OWS - Oakland camp was torn to pieces and the people treated....when they were on the inside and being raided from the outside. However, that was yesterday. Today was the effort to re-take the park after a running march/protest through the afternoon. This has been something I was watching pretty much from this afternoon onward. The point was made and made quite well with a huge media audience before the sun went down.

However, the police were GOING to keep the park closed for this night. So, given that fact and given the knowledge that O.P.D. in particular has never had a history of playing games with anyone, what was the point of massing repeatedly to press in on the police line...knowing what that likely was going to bring? I'm totally missing the goal this was working toward, aside from making Ma and Pa Kettle out in Kansas think they're seeing a wild mob. The Kettles are that 99% we all need the support of to get things done, and not just freeze this winter for nothing.

I'd suggest an alternative that would have been non-violent and just had the authorities blowing fuses with frustration....but no confrontation. If this had been played off and dispersed at sundown, the cops would have been the ones relaxing and calling it a night before dawn. This time, when they'd all pretty well left and everything had calmed down, OWS could have dropped the midnight surprise by re-occupying without challenge and been all set up again by dawn to the SHOCK of the city.

There are always non-violent ways of doing things...and time to try. Once the other direction is crossed though, there is no going back.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With a few well placed 'thugs' the entire OWS could be steered into violence, giving the police all the rights they need to respond harshly.
When the words 'anarchist', 'vandal', and the worst, 'looter', start springing up on the news, you know the end of the campaign is near. Then, the police have legal reason to respond with violence and the legal retribution will be harsh - even for those not directly on the streets but giving support on the net. Just look at the UK riots this summer.
I'd say that at the moment, there is a lot of data collection going on behind the scenes and lists are being made. When all the paperwork has been completed and an immense file of identities collated, then it will end in a few short days of organized, coordinated police response nationwide.
It shouldn't be forgotten that the US prison system is a collection of private companies who make their pennies from incarcerating people, the more the merrier. And when there's no room left in the jails, where do you think they're going to send the thousands of OWS supporters? They obviously can't fine them as having no money is one of the points of the protest. Camps, anyone?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Things are not going to end well ... What this sort of police behaviour can only trigger is more protests ...
Something big will happen soon if they don't change the way they handle those protests.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There is one thing the US government can do, legally, to shut down the movement, and that's to pass a law making it illegal for more than N persons to gather publicly on municipal ground without permission. As a representational democracy, your representatives and senators (who truly, deeply, and without question, have the people's welfare and not the corporations at heart) could pass this law and you would HAVE TO obey it. That is your system. You voted for them, and the POTUS, now you must do what they decide is "in your best interests".
This was the first thing the new Egyptian junta did after seizing control. That, and take all the guns away from the people.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Looked like scenes from a middle eastern uprising. How can people on ATS condone the police using tear gas? Just because you don't like what the movement stands for, these are still your fellow citizens, who are upset with whats happening to their world. The police massively over reacted and to those who support and condone their actions, shame on you.

"first they came for the communists....."

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Actually, there is a nice and easy way around that too...and Zuccotti Park is one example, while a guide floating around the net out of Europe suggests it in another way.

Don't use municipal space. Use private property where one makes friends with the property owner, rather than occupying by 'force', so to speak. It reduces police options dramatically while still working quite well for public visibility. I know some OWS groups around the country are looking this direction to start, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over time.

Oh well.. I've been watching live feeds for far too many hours tho... On this thread, I'll call it a night/morning to get a bit of sleep. Stay Safe out there!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
As a representational democracy, your representatives and senators (who truly, deeply, and without question, have the people's welfare and not the corporations at heart)

I'd like to say that 70% of politicians in the US have a monetary-gain agenda through "less than honest" ways.

Sorry. That's just how I feel. When I lived in Oregon I certainly felt different, but, California is just complete chaos. There's few politicians who care about anything besides themselves here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Wookiep

Well, the occupy movement is generally "leftist" so most people on ATS support their silencing by any means possible. Violence, preferably.

Well, for the record, I will NEVER support any "free speech zone" in any form whatsoever in this country for ANY reason, and I could care less what the protest is about, or what political movement is backing it. If Americans let this talk of free speech areas and certain regulated times to perform said free speech etc sneak in our back door without noticing, then this nation is going to come to an end REALLY quick.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Again, I was being ironic.
I really must start using the LOL thing. After all, that was what it was invented for (transatlantic humour explanation....)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Martial Law? Little confused.

Where exactly has Martial Law been declared? Where have the TROOPS been deployed? Where is the footage of army on the ground. You do know what Martial Law is?

Why does this kind of block caps fearmongering remind me of Alex jones?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
HOW about placards, signs, en masse by 20 or 30 Thousand people at a televised sporting event or such?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
While OWS could lead to martial law, blaming the protesters is simply wrong. Who's to blame?

Well us people who think they see the writing on the wall and yet sit and type instead of stopping the madness.

So I'm part of the 99 percent to blame as well. Because we put up with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
i think Introduced is in the title

Martial Law .... Introduced

slowly, get it?

if not, join the pack.

speaking of which, perhaps take a look at the progression of Occupy Oakland in this link:

pjmedia.com...

notice the Occupy mini-society campgrounds quickly developede into the same dirty, unbalanced (lack of) order and control and inequality they are protesting against?

same in NYC, Rome, Greece etc just ended in chaos and violence aside from 'arrests'

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

i think Introduced is in the title

Martial Law .... Introduced

THis is not the title. Why are you twisting the truth?

The title is

MARTIAL LAW is Happening Now!

Exclamation mark replaces a full stop.

I do not agree. Martial law is not happening now! Your thread title is totally misleading and false.

You are fearmongering and comparing a scuffle with cops to Martial Law. It has even got to full blown riots yet. That will be exciting.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They could use this too:

When people say why don't more Americans protest more, these are some of the reasons, plus the Patriot Act deems subversiveness as terrorism. Our authorities can really put the clamp down. This OWS movement has traction though, and is getting too big to fail.

Strength in numbers , hopefully....

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
While I am all for Peaceful Protests, when the Police start attacking people at random it is time for us to stand up. Think about it, there are a ton of protesters compared to the cops. Sometimes you have to kick a little ass to be heard. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I told everyone here, 2 weeks ago that those involved with OWS better be prepared for Marshal Law.

Sorry, but I told you so.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The US people should get ready to go ahead with these Fkrs, this is the beginning of the end. Marshal Law will be declared in every state by the end of the year, i have no doubt!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Wookiep

Well, the occupy movement is generally "leftist" so most people on ATS support their silencing by any means possible. Violence, preferably.
Since you have mentioned left and right wing and that ATS is occuppied by right wingers as the GLp actually . Im very curious to know why right winger are attracted to conspiracy forums .

Im totally not a right winger for the mundane causes so should I not hang out in radical right wing places like this ? Getting lost in my point here . Why are these forums the territories of the right wing ? as I never realized that conspiracy and UFOs and many such interesting subjects would be the domain of the rather uninteresting right of the political divide

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join