It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Occupy Oakland as Bad as They Say?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Much ado has been made about recent media reports describing Occupy Oakland as a cross between Lord of the Flies and Animal House. The leftist magazine Mother Jones was furious about the negative coverage, deeming it “The Right-Wing Media Assault on Occupy Oakland,” and attempting to debunk the bad press. But Big Journalism lashed back with an article entitled MotherJones: Truth To Unflattering Reports On OWS.

pjmedia.com...

The following pictures are from the website:

I highly suggest looking at the other pictures there didn't want to post them all on here but i should.

Not going to lump all OWS "camps" like this one but there sure is an overriding theme they got going on.

And let the defenders enter in 3....2.....1.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow.

Just Wow.

Just look at the Pics! Thats all I have to say.

S&F

edit on 26-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I highly suggest looking at the other pictures there didn't want to post them all on here but i should.

Not going to lump all OWS "camps" like this one but there sure is an overriding theme they got going on.

And let the defenders enter in 3....2.....1.

oh my gawdddd

i started off looking at the link/pics optimistically and openmindedly and hopeful that its doing well,

but one pic after another, eventually i broke out out in a sad laughter, i think it was the INTERNAL SECURITY”TEAMS then the Women Queer Trans and then the HAREM mideast society just show its taken a turn for the worst..

orwellian Animal Farm meets pig-raping teen barbarian Lord of the Flies.

edit on 26-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OWS equals the new hippie movement.

Ive seen enough to know this. Nothing will bw accomplished. Its mob mentality at its finest. Not that we dont need this.....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
OWS equals the new hippie movement.

Ive seen enough to know this. Nothing will bw accomplished. Its mob mentality at its finest. Not that we dont need this.....

Dont know if we need the guillotine brought out though. I saw ridiculous Tea Party signs,but these people are endorsing executions.......

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All we're missing is Paris Hilton, lines of coke, and random sex acts. You sure this isn't the new outdoor club in CA? I believe the definition of capitalism twisted into corruption. Flip through the news...

It's The Federal Reserve and Goldman Sachs hour.

Federal Reserve Is Riddled With Corruption And Conflicts Of Interest

Source

Ex-Goldman director to face criminal charges

Source

New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Probing Banks’ Role In Mortgage Crisis

Source

edit on 26-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
it was in oalkand next door to Berkeley and San Francisco...the fringe element is strong here. i dont support a lot of the fringe groups that tend to show to the events in northern California. no matter the cause these people show up to every event they can, and are not representative of the movement overall. i protest locally 40 miles away. i refuse to join occ Oakland.

I support their right to protest, especially since i do not agree with them.
I do however agree with the movement over all, i do not support these whackos

I do event security all over the bay area, so i do know for a fact that these folks show up at most events, the topic of the event is irrelevant to them as long as they get the press to pay attention to them. These groups have been protesting ...long before the occupy movement started.
Leeches, cling ons...
edit on 26-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder some of those pictures are button pushers and do go against ATS terms and conditions.

Be mindful of your comments.

And with that i'm off to bed and will pick this up tomorrow if a mod doesn't 404 it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oh....Neo....You're being mislead.

That's all Photoshop by the MSM.

Also you're fascist and you eat babies and kittens.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Oh....Neo....You're being mislead.

That's all Photoshop by the MSM.

Also you're fascist and you eat babies and kittens.

That literally made me lol...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, the world is watching. You should connect to other social media and get the facts straight. If you use this site, you are probably aware that mainstream media seems to get its facts wrong. Do a small search on Twitter, and you will find the information you are looking for. And, I hear that there is talks in Washington about the dangers of Youtube, Facebook and Twitter, and why that is the reasons for the #occupy movement.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

I've found that many times when these protesters are screaming police brutality it's because they did something to for the police to be aggressive with them.

I've seen it too many times from my radical leftist days.
They do it for publicity.

Has there been some undue aggression from the cops? You bet.
But there's been more than enough lawlessness from OWS people
across the country to warrant many arrests.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here are another 80 pics or so.

Careful, it's gruesome!
vancepetrunoff.zenfolio.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
@projectvxn :
I have been watching the video-feeds from #occupyoakland , I suggest you do the same. You should watch the videos and make up your own mind. And remember, the freedom you give away to the state following these protests, will not be returned. And, also there is a need to be worried about media black-outs. Why didn't #occupy get media attention in mainstream media? If you are worried about conspiracies, now is the time. There is rumors about the order to remove the camps are co-ordinated and coming directly from the top.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

I've done plenty of my own legwork.

I may be one of the few people on ATS who actually does.

I also have enough experience to know how these things get started.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Agreed! Totally gruesome!

I didn't see anyone supporting communism in those photos! How disappointing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So, all I have to do is go to any occupy gathering, walk around and take pictures of only the most base, controversial and offensive things I can find, ignore all else then post those as solely representing the whole of them and thus delegitimizing the entire gathering?

Well, that should be easy enough, I'm sure everyone wil buy it.
Maybe even convince then that this represents the entire movement as a whole.

Amazing how when you only look for what you want to see, you find it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I've been to Occupy Reno. Which lasted a whole 7 hours.

Nothing but leftists.

There was one guy with a Gadsden flag...but he says conservatives stole it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There was this dude who called himself punkboyinsf who taped live, the recording is very long. It's worth watching. The way this thing was handled is a disgrace. No matter what you think of the cause, it should have been handled differently. People will remember that mainstream media did not report on anything, and they will remember that Washington was corrupt. Everybody feels that change is in the air.

link
edit on 26-10-2011 by nidstav because: link was broken

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Gandhi was a moron.

These people need some guns.

That's all I got to say on the matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join