It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Some Help Here; Is This Jupiter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I know it isn't Nibiru/Elenin/Planet X etc.

I think it may be Jupiter or Mars from what I've looked in to. The picture was captured around sunrise (6:20AM) here in Melbourne, Australia this morning.

Just need the help of ATS'ers with more knowledge/experience in this area than my humble self

No need to point out the celestial object in question- it's plain as day.

P.S Sorry if you looked at this thread and seen nothing, I accidentally hit enter then had to scramble to write this and upload the pic!
edit on 25/10/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

looks like deeeeeeep space to me

On my google skymap saturn is next to the sun
edit on 25-10-2011 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

Jupitor is oposite to the Sun right now. when the Sun set to the West, Jupitor is rising from the east
edit on 25-10-2011 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh wait...
edit on 25-10-2011 by ShedAlert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I concur that indeed that is Jupiter. Though I'm living in the Northern Hemisphere, Google claims that Jupiter and Venus would be visible at dawn in your area. Considering the size and visibility despite the sun glare, I think that's a reasonable assumption.

edit on 25-10-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
sorry about that guys- I accidentally hit 'enter' then went on a frantic typing/uploading stint

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If that photo was taken a 9 o'clock at night I would say it was, as Jupiter is rising in the East North East in the evening at the moment

You need to download Stellarium... that will tell you for sure. It's a great program too by the way.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 17sok

Cheers man, downloading it now

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Stellarium says it is the moon...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Jupiter is at it's closest to the Earth one of these days right around now.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Jupiter is at it's closest to the Earth one of these days right around now.

yep, the 28th and 29th of this month.
So it's definitely not Jupiter. Jupiter is on the complete opposite side of the Earth from the Sun.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Im thats the moon im a baboon... shouldnt the moon be the same size as the sun I E solar eclipse the moon blocks the sun?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Jupiter is opposite the sun. It's not that close at sunrise, it's on the other side of the sky, going down when the sun is coming up. The moon, and Venus are currently in the are of sunrise.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985
Im thats the moon im a baboon... shouldnt the moon be the same size as the sun I E solar eclipse the moon blocks the sun?

I'm thinking it might be an optical illusion. But you're right, usually the moon appears the exact same size as the sun, since the sun is so much farther away from the Earth.

But when the moon or sun is closer to the horizon, they both appear bigger. There currently is no definitive explanation of this optical illusion. Perhaps, this optical illusion is responsible for why the moon appears so much smaller. That along with not as much light would be reflecting off of the moon since it's on the Sun's side, and it makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would just like to take the time to thank everybody for responding reasonably. The absence of the words 'Elenin', 'Nibiru' and 'Planet x' is much appreciated

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It's not Jupiter as Jupiter is viewable in the sky pretty much when the sun sets here in the Eastern Sky (sun obviously sets in the west) so when the sun rises Jupiter is in the opposite direction.

Not sure what it is, and it doesn't look like the moon.

It could be the moon. Seems the only possible explanation unless it is Nibiru or Planet X.

Oh, I've just gone and done it.

edit on 25-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Same view with the atmosphere and ground removed...

Ouch...

The download is free.

Stellarium

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Walk away babs. Just walk away.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The light looks reddish.
The light looks airborne and not a star.
A star would still be clear bright light even in low sun.
Check out Venus as morning or night star pays no attention to
the atmospheric response to the setting sun.
However I do not suggest a reflection here only a generation of
light by a Tesla ship.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Jupiter is just passing my window now, she looks so beautiful tonight. Thick fog on the ground, I can't see ten feet in front of me, yet all I can see is just one lonesome, glowing diamond in the north westerly sky.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Looks like you may have caught Venus...becoming our evening star again. Will have to look into it a bit more...but here is the west as the sun would of been setting...notice Venus.

Yep, I do think you caught the gem, Venus! Nice pic btw...we haven't been able to see Venus in our night sky for some time now!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

After an absence of just over a year, the "evening star" is about to reappear. Venus passed behind the sun, as seen from Earth, back on Aug. 18 in what's known as superior conjunction. Since then, it has been invisible, mired deep in the brilliant glare of the sun.

TextNonetheless, with each passing day, it has been moving on a slow course toward the east and pulling slowly away from the sun's general vicinity. Finally, during this week, the planet Venus should emerge as an evening "star" very low in the western twilight.

Read on in the article...it talks about Venus and what it will be doing over the next year, interesting!
edit on 6-11-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join