It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fayette County Man Captures Mysterious Flying Object On Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Fayette County Man Captures Mysterious Flying Object On Film

www.wpxi.com

FAYETTE COUNTY, Pa. -- Channel 11's Dave Bondy spoke to a Fayette County man after he claims he witnesses and videotaped a UFO flying in a local neighborhood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I thought I would share this article. Probably nothing to it, but the news video is pretty interesting. The news did explained that it might be insect wings(?) in the video. I wish the video wouldn't have been cut short. Anyone here live near Uniontown, Pa? I hope I put this in the proper forum. I did debate if it should go in ufo. If so, please move it mods.

www.wpxi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

It is a pretty interesting report. I will be interested to hear what is said about it after it is analyzed and wonder if you know where we can see the video in it's entirety?

We almost see it here in this report but the News Caster says. "Now if you would like to take a closer look at this video yourself ..."and then it cuts off right at that point. Is this part of a longer film that you have?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't have the full newscast but I can try to find it. I check this news site daily because it's local, so when they have the results I will post it for you.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've seen plenty of similar videos of the rod phenomena and it certainly fits the bill .. an insect flying close up to the lens would look to be moving extremely fast..

It's probably nothing as you said..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've seen plenty of similar videos of the rod phenomena and it certainly fits the bill .. an insect flying close up to the lens would look to be moving extremely fast..

It's probably nothing as you said..

So how do they appear to be behind the guy and (possibly) the cross?

If it was up close wouldn't we see them go all the way across the camera?

That is interesting.

Can someone break down the video to see if they cross in front of the grass and the guy or actually appear from behind the hill?
edit on 25-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lol @ rodz looks nothing like a 'ROD" looks like a ufo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
The news did explained that it might be insect wings(?) in the video.

That's exactly what it is. There are other threads on ATS addressing these so-called "rods" which is what people originally called these because they thought they were rod-shaped UFOs. They are flying winged insects (such as grasshoppers) that are actually pretty close to the camera, due to the camera exposure they blur and appear to be cylindrical objects with wings above and below. The effect has been easily duplicated. It's not a hoax, just a misunderstanding of what they're seeing.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

That's what I'm trying to say, if they appear in the distance how are they insects? Do you know? Tell me.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't actually see any video on the link??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It should be in the box to the left of the first paraghaph. Just click and enlarge it. I don't know how to embed it or I would.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Unless they're hovering over his head, slinging a beercan at the camera on the way by, or beaming a message in our language over a major city, wake me up when you have some real news.

Mysterious? Hardly, how about "HARD TO DISCERN BLUR MIGHT BE SOMETHING, OR IT MIGHT NOT"?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Because then it would be CGI instead of insects, whole other career field.
edit on 25-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, there is nothing to tell from the video because there isn't one, really duff reporting, i'm not even sure if the close-up still is part of the video, or just a representative picture from something unrelated, Now where's me magnifying glass?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
they are grouse, or some sort of pheasant. I live in this area and they are all over the area and they take off from the ground fast...

top topics

join