It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul sent me some Snail Mail which is hard to believe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

"Right to work" should be "Right to skirt labor laws and underpay hard working Americans."

Non of this anti-union nonsense makes any sense. If the alternative to an union is working for wanna-be slave traders, then I'll take an union.

Only an idiot would succumb to that type of anti-union propaganda in the first place.

Is that today's talking point from the SEIU?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

How about you find this particular news letter and post all the info here and lend yourself some legitimacy?
I would like to see it in it's true nature, because I've talked to you on here many times and you have a tendency to shape things to fit your agenda.

I'm certain you can find this particular letter on the internet.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
The packet also contained a 2 page letter signed by Ron Paul himself. The envelope that enclosed it all said PAID FOR BY RON PAUL 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE, INC. on the back. The envelope to mail back donations went to his campaign office.

That's very different.
Information we didn't have. Just so you know, I was NOT defending Ron Paul. I don't know who I'm voting for, but I have several issues with Paul.

Originally posted by mishigas
I saw the same blind allegiance to Obama in 2008. Same denial.

I agree. The same people who were calling others "Obamabots" and "Obama Worshipers" are now worshiping their own Messiah, and don't even know it. Paul is the Unicorn Dream of 2012 and they see him as the perfect answer. I actually kind of hope he gets the job. It will be interesting to see how impotent he is going up against a worthless Congress.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Well, the Romney one is a deliberate, flat out lie:

www.thestreet.com...

"Perry, Romney Embrace a National Right to Work Law."

So, it sounds as if this letter is actually deliberately lying to you, at least about Mitt Romney. As for the others, I am not going to look further into it right now, but there are probably remnants of truth in all of the accusations, but I doubt any of them are wholly true.

Flat out lies is it?

Romney calls right-to-work laws a state issue

Guess it all depends on how you spin the story..

Mitt Romney said today that while he favors right-to-work legislation on a state level, he will not push for a federal right-to-work law.

flippen and a floppen..

CTH hating the Circus that is Politics..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree. The same people who were calling others "Obamabots" and "Obama Worshipers" are now worshiping their own Messiah, and don't even know it. Paul is the Unicorn Dream of 2012 and they see him as the perfect answer. I actually kind of hope he gets the job. It will be interesting to see how impotent he is going up against a worthless Congress.

One of the few who learns from history.
And as far as Congress, they are not only worthless, they are obstructionist.

Issues with Ron Paul? How can anyone be a thinking person and not have issues with him? I'm not attacking him, but he is, after all, just a mortal, air-breathing human. He is not perfect, not by a long shot. If he were perfect, his star would have risen long ago. Just my opinion, however.

If he does win, he will have to rule via Executive Order and Recess Appointment, because neither side will support him. I've said that often. But if he wins, he wins. It will be interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

`reply to post by mishigas

How about you find this particular news letter and post all the info here and lend yourself some legitimacy?
I would like to see it in it's true nature, because I've talked to you on here many times and you have a tendency to shape things to fit your agenda.

I'm certain you can find this particular letter on the internet.

How about you do your own homework? ~Then you can pre-deny everything it says, saving you the effort of thinking, as you are prone to do. After all, as one member described RP, he is the Unicorn Dream of 2012. The "Flavor du Jour", if you will. The poor guy is just a human -- stop putting the weight of the world on his shoulders, for goodness' sake!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
"Right to work" should be "Right to skirt labor laws and underpay hard working Americans."

Non of this anti-union nonsense makes any sense. If the alternative to an union is working for wanna-be slave traders, then I'll take an union.

Only an idiot would succumb to that type of anti-union propaganda in the first place.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Exactly. I talk to all these 50+ year old right wingers and I wonder what universe they live in.

We can't compete globally so their solution is pay everyone $2 an hour with no sick days vacation or healthcare. Instead of paying a fair living wage.

Lets all be slaves to these corporations and end the fed. That seems to be the solution to these people.

If this "letter" is legitimate any thoughts of voting for Ron Paul I may have entertained are destroyed.
edit on 25-10-2011 by ISHAMAGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Exactly. I talk to all these 50+ year old right wingers and I wonder what universe they live in.

We can't compete globally so their solution is pay everyone $2 an hour with no sick days vacation or healthcare. Instead of paying a fair living wage.

Lets all be slaves to these corporations and end the fed. That seems to be the solution to these people.

If this "letter" is legitimate any thoughts of voting for Ron Paul I may have entertained are destroyed.

You must live in a very strange section of town. I have never, ever heard any " 50+ year old right winger" or other propose such a solution.

On the other hand, you could just be exaggerating wildly. People tend to do that when confronted with truths too difficult for their psyche to bear. It's a defensive mechanism to keep their mind from imploding.

The letter is legit, bunky. Accept it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Also, Ron Paul sending snail mail? I don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meshakhad
Also, Ron Paul sending snail mail? I don't buy it.

Nah, I've been getting Ron Paul mail for awhile. You have to sign up for it at the ronpaul2012 website. Have 2 envelopes on my desk next to my keyboard actually

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Or you could just post the source info that you are complaining about and trying to sway peoples opinions of Ron Paul with. It's your thread. I do my homework just fine. You however are perpetually inconsistent and misleading. It is so weird to me that people like you and TinFoil have an actual visible agenda that you push every day on people. Who does that for free (i'm not saying you get paid for it, i'm saying it's crazy to do it for free). Anytime I post I try to make it a point to notify people it is my opinion or if I'm uncertain I say I could be wrong (and admit when I am).

You came here making a claim and used it, albeit with little effect, to paint Ron Paul in a negative light. I just happened to be the first person to ask you to prove it with the source. It's your thread, I think you should do the homework, or give me a little more info on the newsletter and I'll post it here. Most people have already pointed out that you were wrong about what you claimed were lies in the mail..

I guess you have a right to use weak tactics to try and mislead people to fulfill your agenda by any means necessary and to deflect by being condescending and mocking when someone asks for the source/proof. It's just not a very respectable way to be.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Or you could just post the source info that you are complaining about and trying to sway peoples opinions of Ron Paul with. It's your thread. I do my homework just fine.

You're pretty dim, aren't you? It's a donation request, probably lives only on somebody's laptop. I gave you enough, others have collaborated it with their own copies. So try to deny it all you want, you just look like a fool and a desperate loser whose messiah is revealed to be imperfect.

It is so weird to me that people like you and TinFoil have an actual visible agenda that you push every day on people. Who does that for free (i'm not saying you get paid for it, i'm saying it's crazy to do it for free). Anytime I post I try to make it a point to notify people it is my opinion or if I'm uncertain I say I could be wrong (and admit when I am).

Well, there must have been a million folks paid to attack Palin or other TPM's here, then.
And tell me, how much does a Ron Paul lapdog pull down these days?

You really look pathetic trying to deny that the letter actually exists. If I had any respect for your opinion, I might go through the busy work of hooking up the scanner and scanning it in, but I'd rather just watch lapdogs pee themselves with anxiety.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The word you meant to use was corroborated rather than collaborated. So if I am dim, what does that make you?

Anyway, moving passed your persistent insult based deflections, you would have to be pretty "dim" to believe that the news letter is just sitting on a desktop somewhere, it is likely posted somewhere for all RP people to print and distribute.

Rather than try to insult someone (and fail miserably) you could at least attempt to defend your position with some kind of source material.

Also, if you had any reading comprehension whatsoever you would have understood that I never implied that it didn't exist, simply that you are too biased to present the information as it actually is in the newsletter.

Actually how you respond and twist the actual content of my posts in order to appear at all sensible and conjure up insults pretty much affirms to me that you have done the same things with this news letter. I dare you to scan it in now. I dare you to scan it in and prove it lies.
edit on 26-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Please take your trolling elsewhere.

ETA:

Anyway, moving passed your persistent insult based deflections, you would have to be pretty "dim" to believe that the news letter is just sitting on a desktop somewhere, it is likely posted somewhere for all RP people to print and distribute.

The word you wanted to use was past, not passed.

Now, please troll elsewhere.
edit on 26-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Stop deflecting, produce the document.
I'm not trolling, you are with these threads (notice how many flags, that represents how many people think it's worth anything. After this I will stop giving it undeserved attention.

Next time you want to play little brother to Fox news, try to do a better job, have a source.
Until you can produce evidence this is no different than an "i'm a time traveler/alien/spirit" thread.
Fiction.

(Also, eh i made a quick error with a common word, yours kind of showed ignorance of understanding)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Okay folks, I'm new on here so please be kind. I wanted to start a new thread, but since I have less than 20 posts, I wasn't allowed to do so.

All that to say, my post is *slightly* off topic.

Today (1/24/12) my husband and I both received snail mail solicitations from Ron Paul. Nothing new there. We are supporters and have received mail from him before. However, BOTH envelopes had been opened and the seals were completely broken. It was obvious that they had been sealed and this wasn't a case where they missed the sealing machine. On my husband's envelope, it had been shut with a green sticker

Now, I wouldn't usually give it much thought, but since BOTH were damaged (open) and on top of that they seemed to be delivered LATE. I could not confirm when the mailing was sent. The date on the letter said "Monday Evening" and the contents said, "The holidays are just ending as I write you this letter" and the solicitation says "So to sponsor as many students for 'Christmas with Ron Paul' as I can I am: . . ."

I can hardly help but wonder if there are some anti-Paul dealings afoot with the USPS. It seems EXTREMELY late (Christmas with Ron Paul?! It's almost February?!) Plus the opened letters. All the contents appear to be in tact. Just wondering if anyone else gets damaged or VERY late Ron Paul snail mail?!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yes, I've read about those letters -- in fact, they were mentioned in more than one news commentary (not in a negative way, just saying that they'd been sent.) People in North Carolina got a 5 page version of this.

I think many of them did what you did and threw it away.

I don't know who it is who plans his campaign strategies, but that one's straight out of the 1970's (when it would have been effective.) Today, it's just a waste of trees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join