It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul sent me some Snail Mail which is hard to believe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Tis the season for political campaigns to beg for money. I get (as most of you probably get) tons of junk mail asking for donations. I even got one from Obama.The other day I got one from Ron Paul, the theme being Right To Work laws and the slogan being END FORCED UNIONISM NOW!.

The package opened with a cover letter from a guy named Jedd Coburn, who of course says that Ron Paul is the only true Right To Work advocate running for office. He then makes some accusations about the other candidates which are kinda hard to believe. Here's some examples:

"If you haven't heard, Mitt Romney recently came out in opposition to a National Right To Work law

Michele Bachmann cosponsored and voted for a Big Labor bill to override dozens of state laws and begin forcibly unionizing state and local govt workers nationwide

Rick Perry signed a bill forcing all police under union boss control -- paving the way for all of Texas' state and local govt employees to be put under Organized Labor's thumb.

Some pretty strong talk there. No links, no context, so imo, never happened. Therefore,Ron Paul's request went into the circular file as all such trash letters do.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm definitely not a Ron Paul supporter/defender but this sounds like something sent from your county or state Ron Paul campaign office rather than national. Chances are Mr. Paul knows nothing of it.
Although I'm no huge fan of his, Mr. Paul seems much more honest and less antagonistic than that flyer portrays.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, looks like Jedd Coburn is with Right to Work. If you Google their names together this thread appears. So, I would say there's not much connection between the two. Sounds like Coburn is using Paul's popularity to make people read his junk mail.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

I'm definitely not a Ron Paul supporter/defender but this sounds like something sent from your county or state Ron Paul campaign office rather than national. Chances are Mr. Paul knows nothing of it.
Although I'm no huge fan of his, Mr. Paul seems much more honest and less antagonistic than that flyer portrays.

The letter I cited was only the cover letter. The packet also contained a 2 page letter signed by Ron Paul himself. The envelope that enclosed it all said PAID FOR BY RON PAUL 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE, INC. on the back. The envelope to mail back donations went to his campaign office.

Ron Paul knew about it. He endorsed it personally.
edit on 24-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, looks like Jedd Coburn is with Right to Work. If you Google their names together this thread appears. So, I would say there's not much connection between the two. Sounds like Coburn is using Paul's popularity to make people read his junk mail.

Try googling several different ways..

www.ronpaul2012.com...
edit on 24-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I just copy and pasted the sentence you wrote with Michele Bachmann. (Didn't do the rest)

I had to do a search of a couple of yahoo pages, but this came up.

www.stuffedsuits.com...

I read the article and it does back up the Michele Bachmann accusation, and also has a link to the actual bill, although I will admit I did not read it.

So, in a nut shell, you may not have received links in your snail mail (they don't want to bore the reader I guess) but the content sent to you is probably accurate.

I don't see Ron Paul, making things up. Not his style.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I just copy and pasted the sentence you wrote with Michele Bachmann. (Didn't do the rest)

www.stuffedsuits.com...

I read the article and it does back up the Michele Bachmann accusation, and also has a link to the actual bill, although I will admit I did not read it.

Good for you, but that's not the way things are done in this electronic age. It's up to the person who makes an allegation to back it up. Not my job to do his research. If that's the way he wants to run his campaign, his donation requests will get the proper respect -- the trash barrel. If that's the way he runs his campaign, will he run the country the same sloppy way?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Hey, don't shoot the messenger here, al
though your response seems more extreme than called for. Seriously, have you not read all the snail mail all kinds of candidates send out? It's all junk, and lacking specifics. Like I said above, they just want the reader to see the talking points in those mailers, I agree it's weak, but they know their typical customers pretty well, and you are not their typical customer no doubt. No one on ATS is.

You can be mad that they didn't give you the fine details, but that doesn't mean they lied.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I got the same letter. I live in South Carolina. I also got a second letter from the Ron Paul campaign. I haven't received any other campaign letters from any other candidates even though I suspect this was a donation drive campaign. I'm not sure how the Ron Paul campaign got my mailing address. I ignored the comments which I have not confirmed one way or the other and just noted that Ron Paul supports right to work. That's a plus in my column. Obama supports the requirement to pay a union boss if you happen to get a job where unions are present whether you want to join up or not.

I also saw a link and found this on his web site.
www.ronpaul2012.com...

I did not see the accusations listed in the letter so it would be nice if they had some evidence or clarified what they stated in the letter campaign.
edit on 24/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hey, don't shoot the messenger here, al
though your response seems more extreme than called for. Seriously, have you not read all the snail mail all kinds of candidates send out? It's all junk, and lacking specifics. Like I said above, they just want the reader to see the talking points in those mailers, I agree it's weak, but they know their typical customers pretty well, and you are not their typical customer no doubt. No one on ATS is.

You can be mad that they didn't give you the fine details, but that doesn't mean they lied.

First we dance around the source of the mailing. Nah, RP didn't know, he's not like that.

Then we discount his lack of sources. Well *I* found it,,,just had to jump through a few hoops to get it...

Then we get oh so offended Hey man, harsh response, no?

But never do we ever address the fact that maybe Mr. Paul is showing the least little sign of desperation.

I saw the same blind allegiance to Obama in 2008. Same denial. I warned and warned, but dog lovers everywhere stood by their man. Now, $4 trillion more in debt, no jobs to be had, our national treasury looted and fat cat cronies fed fresh salmon from the Waterford, we are sunk for another generation. Not saying Paul is corrupt, just saying to not be so much of a lapdog as Obamalovers are.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Whatever. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I was simply pointing out simple political mailing tactics, but you seem to want to fight about it with somebody...anybody, even when I basically agreed with you. This is not interesting enough to continue.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Its not Ron Paul Fault its an election cycle so things like what happen to you will often happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, the Romney one is a deliberate, flat out lie:

www.thestreet.com...

"Perry, Romney Embrace a National Right to Work Law."

So, it sounds as if this letter is actually deliberately lying to you, at least about Mitt Romney. As for the others, I am not going to look further into it right now, but there are probably remnants of truth in all of the accusations, but I doubt any of them are wholly true.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

What?? What do they have to do to back it up, wouldn't further elaboration just be a long winded version of the same fact? They told you a fact you didn't know before. If you question it look it up. Just curious is there anything you aren't against?

Also.. just because it has a photocopy of Paul's signature doesn't really mean anything for the cover page. I'm doubtful he has read the page authored by the other guy involved. But I guess you get to say things and not back them up despite complaining about that exact thing. Oh the hypocrisy.

P.S. what is the point of this thread? Is this the first campaign cycle you have existed for? Did you not know this stuff happens?
edit on 25-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Actually if you poke around.. he has pranced around the issue and flip flopped depending on the crowd.

He supports it when it suits his interests best.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only thing that bothers me about getting a considerable amount of snail mail from Ron Paul's camp is that I am already on his side! Quit wasting your stamps! I'm with you RP! I've donated every time you needed me.

Send your mail to your adversaries camps. Get their addresses! Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann (that won't happen), Gingrich, (the grinch that stole congress with Rove's help), and those other fella's that won't make it.

Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

www.stuffedsuits.com...

Good for you, but that's not the way things are done in this electronic age. It's up to the person who makes an allegation to back it up. Not my job to do his research. If that's the way he wants to run his campaign, his donation requests will get the proper respect -- the trash barrel. If that's the way he runs his campaign, will he run the country the same sloppy way?

Something tells me you would have trashed it regardless if he provided truth or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

What?? What do they have to do to back it up, wouldn't further elaboration just be a long winded version of the same fact? They told you a fact you didn't know before. If you question it look it up. Just curious is there anything you aren't against?

That's the point. They stated no 'fact'. They made an allegation which turned out to be untrue.

Now if Herman Cain or Mitt Romney had done the same, the Ron Paul sycophants here would have been all over it, stating how Ron Paul was oh so far above those tactics. It seems we are not allowed to say anything about Ron Paul that points out his not-so-perfect side, else we get shouted down, It turns out he is no different than the next guy. If he can lie about this, what makes you think he won't lie to you to get your vote?

Too bad, I will continue pointing out false allegations when I see them.

Also.. just because it has a photocopy of Paul's signature doesn't really mean anything for the cover page. I'm doubtful he has read the page authored by the other guy involved. But I guess you get to say things and not back them up despite complaining about that exact thing. Oh the hypocrisy.

Oh please. Stop being such an apologist for him, and man up when he gets caught in the same crap you admire him for avoiding. The torch and pitchfork crowd here is pathetic in their devotion to their messiah. Ron Paul knew full well what was in that package; he wrote several pages about it and signed his name to it.:shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"Right to work" should be "Right to skirt labor laws and underpay hard working Americans."

Non of this anti-union nonsense makes any sense. If the alternative to an union is working for wanna-be slave traders, then I'll take an union.

Only an idiot would succumb to that type of anti-union propaganda in the first place.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Whatever. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. I was simply pointing out simple political mailing tactics, but you seem to want to fight about it with somebody...anybody, even when I basically agreed with you. This is not interesting enough to continue.

And all I wanted to do was to have a discussion on whether those allegations were true. After all, Right To Work is an extremely important issue, if you're not aware of that. To make those kind of charges is serious.

Instead, I get apologists denying he was involved, and personal attacks like "Something tells me you would have trashed it regardless if he provided truth or not " and "Just curious is there anything you aren't against? "

Serious discussion on the merits and shortcomings of Ron Paul will never happen here, because of the blinders worn by ATS members.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join