It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(INCORRECT INFO / different Ram Dass) Ram Dass in coma, doctors giving up hope for recovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ETA:
Further details indicate this is NOT the famous Ram Dass we know in the West (author of Be Here Now)

My sincere apologies.

although if you'd like to pray for the other guru Ram Dass, who's age 61 I'm sure he'd appreciate it

edit on 24-10-2011 by Thermo Klein because: Incorrect info

edit on 24-10-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
is this another RAM DASS....

because two days ago a Shirley Temple movie played and the actor Ram Dass played the rle of a Butler.

see:

A Little Princess Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0113670/reviews

... just with the appearance of the little monkey of the Hindu servant Ram Dass

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
sending love his way. sad to see such a great soul about to leave. happy to see such a great soul find peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I'm not really sure. I haven't seen the movie but did read some of the details. I don't think it's supposed to be the actual Ram Dass but may signify their servant is an older, helpful guru type.... not really sure.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Very sad indeed. I also was an acquaintance of Ram Dass. He traveled to the small island of St John where I had my restaurant once yearly with the OMEGA INSTITUTE out of Rhinebeck NY. Peace to him and to his family.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No. Check out the wiki page, as referenced earlier. I read 'Be Here Now' when I was 19, and it has influenced me a lot over the course of my life. I made reference to it a couple of days ago during a conversation, as a matter of fact. He is a very kind and loving human being. Death certainly is the debt that all of us must pay, but I believe that you are correct about maintaining positivity, because we really have no other choice than to "Be Here Now"...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh man. As much as I'd hate to see him go, perhaps its time. I mean, he already wrote "Still Here," so he must be prepared. Journey well, my friend.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What's the incorrect info bit about? I tried to google the topic, but got nothing but this page.....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Apparently the healer I know is in contact with a guru named Ram Dass who is NOT the guy we know...

same name but he's only age 61.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
PFfft . Ram Das can't die.

Havent you read his book?

I hope hes doing well,

-GM

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
ETA:
Further details indicate this is NOT the famous Ram Dass we know in the West (author of Be Here Now)

My sincere apologies.

although if you'd like to pray for the other guru Ram Dass, who's age 61 I'm sure he'd appreciate it

Well then, this is without a doubt the best news I've heard all day!

new topics

top topics

join