It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At What Point Do You Think People Will Take Up Arms In The US And UK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am not so sure they will, I think people have been living in such a "politically correct" society for so long now that they dont even know what fascim even is anymore. I truely think most people totally believe thier government has thier best interests at heart, its truely incredible.

I mean, we have heard the term "domestic terrorist" created by tptb to describe would be freedom fighters, this term was generated long before the troubles started illustrating that TPTB knew some people may rise up. This suggests that there is a plan in place to quell any uprising, hence the fema death camps.

Anyways, my question is this, do you think people will eventually take up arms, and if so, what percentage of the population will fight and when will it happen?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Also like to add, freedom comes at a price. If your not going to accept the price then there will be no freedom, period.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
At what point do you determine who to believe? Is the government lying to us or are the people wanting revolution the real danger? I mean, if we rose up, led by a group of activists who purport to have the nations best interests at heart, well.. who knows that they are not the real threat?

Better the devil you know I say and I will take each day and each challenge as it comes. With this in mind, in answer to your question, I don't think the majority will ever 'take up arms'.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

i don't think they have "arms" in the UK.
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

When working class and middle class can't put food on the table and/or a roof over their heads.....then all hell breaks loose.

Until then, a majority of the population will stay in their coma as to whats really going on and what the powers to be have in mind for their future.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

i dont think the majority of people are in an "aware" state as of yet...

people are good at adapting and at getting used to change..however it will get to the point where people just wont be able to adapt...when they get pushed too hard..thats when the riots start, and the looting etc..

i'd give it about another 15 years before you start seeing these changes...but i think we can both agree that "arming up" is the best choice

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I believe they have 'sticks and knives round here'.

I live in Australia and have 'home-made' weapons just a 'little bit' better than sticks and knives. Gun laws are strict here so no guns, but as good as in close quarters.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

If enough people wake from their coma and get off their couch then they wont need to take up arms..

The way the economy is going that day may be soon..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

You need to research more lol. That phrase is so dangerous "better the devil you know". Personally I am not one for the devil at all. As I said, freedom comes at a price and throughout history people have had to fight for thier freedom, what make you think you no longer have to fight for your freedom?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
it would be more of a civil war in th US (view that two thirds are armed...)
UK more like a big jail....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Your right we don't so there will be far less blood shed on the streets. And to be honest ,on my time on ATS it seems that your guns will be turning on each other rather than any tyrannical government. It will be pitched street battles between liberals and conservatives. Neighbor against Neighbor. I think we could do with out that bloodshed.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

15 years? Between now and the next 20 years we will see worse than the depression years. I give it 3-5 years and far more violent riots will break out worldwide.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Come on woody, surely you should know by now that if we weren't so evily denied the right to bear arms the UK would be a totally idyllic society with no crime etc....just like the USA!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
People won't.
Living in a politically correct society that uses slogans like violence isn't the answer...I doubt people ever will.

When you look at history,violence is what has brought changes and its what the powers that be uses to get what they want.
All the while telling others violence isn't the answer and not to use it.

You can't tell me the answer to something without asking me a question first.

I am not saying violence is the answer....I just want to know what the question is first.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think the real question is, at what point is it your responsibility to take up arms ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Nah I don't need to do research but thanks for the advice. Yeah I agree that it's tough out there, greed is rife among the 'elite' we are effectively controlled by the banks and we spend most of our lives working.. however, I have a happy and contented life with a house which I will own once I've paid my mortgage (which I chose to take on), I have a happy marriage, a decent car, a happy work life I get to go on holiday once a year and a fairly solid foundation to continue my line of genes by having children. Why would I want to rebel now? We could end up living in a place where every day is full of violence and looting and burning cars and buidings. No thanks.

Get on with your life and make the best you can of it. Little changes over periods of time in the long run have a far better effect than knee jerk reactions and attempted revolutions. Thank god that you don't live in a third world country where life is really unfair. A little perspective can go a long way.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Look at the Arab states that are in revolution mode, they are exchanging political tyranny for religious tyranny, (Sharia law) so its not really doing them much good, as for 'western' nations, most do not have firearms, that just leaves the old eastern block countries and America, and in America, if you read post 1945 history, the police and national guard do not mind shooting civilians, beating the crap out of people, tazoring to death, etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

When working class and middle class can't put food on the table and/or a roof over their heads.....then all hell breaks loose.

Until then, a majority of the population will stay in their coma as to whats really going on and what the powers to be have in mind for their future.

Yes but by then it twice the fight to get it back
Not sure it would happen not in the near future 2 to 4 years

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why not read the reasons given by our forefathers here in the U.S.

Here is the document known as the "Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of taking up Arms" written on July 6, 1775

odur.let.rug.nl...

It's a little long to read and you have to sort out the reasons given throughout.

I had a list based on that document, but I'm not sure what I did with it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added a line

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
2 events that will motivate American citizens to take up arms...

The nationalization or governemnt takeover of private retirement and 401K plans...

The delay or cancellation of elections in 2012 under a questionable (artificial created emergency) premise...

And then, only 30% of the populace will do so... 30% will be afraid to but know they should... and 30% will actually believe the lies told to them or have blind faith in their government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join