It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptozoological Troll Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ok, so just to clearify, this is not about internet trolls, and I'm not sure in what board it belongs so moderators, if it belongs in a different board, please put it there. If there's a thread already about sharing stories, please remove this one then.

Anywho, I am curious, I have read about werewolf, ghost, bigfoot and even vampire sightings. But I have not found a thread about Troll sightings yet. Be it mountain, forest or cave, please, if you have stories, share them. I'm rather interested to learn more. Personally the closest I have come to troll sightings are books and movies like The Troll Hunter.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
in mythology the trolls were giants.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Normally I would post these kind of topics in the urban legends forum

Here you might enjoy this thread, I know I did.

Have fun

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
check out the movie Troll Hunter. It's awesome!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
check out the movie Troll Hunter. It's awesome!!!

lol

I thought the movie was great.
Speaking on-topic there are plenty of threads regarding trolls and the others.

edit on 24-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hey,

I like this initiative a lot because of my connection with Scandinavia and it's troll activity there.
Hopefully many awesome stories will emerge from this thread.

There is not much that I know but I do believe these creatures could still be out there in the vast north staying away from most of society.
There is enough space for them to survive in.

NL,

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've seen Troll Hunter.
Amazing low budget flick.
It features trolls as well as giants.
Very entertaining. Watch the original dub with english subs.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You might want to spend some time in Iceland. Trolls are protected by the government.

Building projects in Iceland are sometimes altered to prevent damaging the rocks where they are believed to live.[4][5][6][7][8] According to these Icelandic folk beliefs, one should never throw stones because of the possibility of hitting the huldufólk

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
You might want to spend some time in Iceland. Trolls are protected by the government.

Building projects in Iceland are sometimes altered to prevent damaging the rocks where they are believed to live.[4][5][6][7][8] According to these Icelandic folk beliefs, one should never throw stones because of the possibility of hitting the huldufólk

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe it is actually gnomes that or elves that are protected/believed in. However, I suppose one could argue that they are different versions of the same thing. I remember seeing a Destination Truth episode where they were searching for gnomes in Iceland, but of course they didn't find anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So from what I've read trolls are most frequentyl seen in northern europe? Seems pretty interesting all these sightings and legends have started around there.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is that like the cousin of the "Mountain Shill",

Actually the troll is alive and well and still eating children.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Yea, I enjoyed Troll Hunter also.

It was well done.

Here's a link to the "Troll" page on wikipedia.

Theres some interesting information.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

In northern Europe and a part of the BeNeLux there are still many myths and legends and children bed time stories especially.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Whoops, forgot to include the link and I cant edit my original post here you go.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, here's a link to the "Troll Hunter" movie trailer.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
But what I am looking for is actual stories, not just about how The Troll Hunter was, or about Icelandic Elves/Gnomes
Like, is there Anyone here that may have seen one? or heard of a friend of a friend who saw one? Anything at all?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadao

Here I have found something interesting:

Trolls in Sweden (With sketch)

"Skogsgra" which means Forest Troll or Wildman.

Here a little sketch!
edit on 26/10/11 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Trolls are neanderthal. At least that is what i always got out of the old myths and stories. The only places with troll reports also fall on old neanderthal habitat (northern europe). I always wondered where the story of Orc's came from and are they really trolls described by another culture. Only time will tell or not it could just be lost in the sands and chalked up as myth n stories.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by warsight

Yes. However what is intriguing to me is that they apparently are still alive. They only seem to appear at night, most sightings are with good moon light.
They see both small and long creatures; from 50 centimeters to 4 meters (twice a person roughly).

However it might be gnomes and trolls being confused. So I really like seeing sketches from eye witnesses and such but they are hard to find.

top topics

join