It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do you have for night vision?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Rocketman7

I have an app on my droid that is called nite vision or something.
I don't think that it is military grade however.

Srsly gen 2.
Want gen 3 tho.

You can fly thiis one with your Iphone change the missiles to exploding ordinance or hollow tipped, poison dart frog something for using against the wild ravenous packs of Ferrel dogs. Only a 6 meter range. The other one is 10 meter.

I want 20 meter range, night vision, infrared LED on top, silent, record and stream through RF to handset, fly upside down (I like that option) rainproof, annnnd auto-gyro of course, and can carry a small payload, long life battery.

The downside to the toy RC helicopters is the battery life. About 10 minutes.... This being after a one hour charge. and most of the toy ones don't work so well out doors.

The professional ones do last much longer though, but they are also much more expensive ( they can run up into the thousand of dollars) and are much harder to learn how to fly....

You guys need to think of other ways to see at night that don't require electricity. Let's say S does HTF. Electricity does not just magically appear. Assume the worst and be prepared for things such as no more electricity.

All this talk about robots and what not... Remember guys, we are not terminator or Rambo or something. I think you are best to live a simple life. Think back to cavemen. How did they live? How would they have seen at night?

Don't rely on technology only.Because technology fails.Electricity goes out.
edit on 23-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
whats with all the questions about what people have for survival gear? I'm sure all of us here on a.t.s would really like to know.

Well this part of the forum is Survival Tactics and supplies.

This is where you can find out information regarding what to do in case the TSHTF and share your information with others.

That helps you to be prepared.

By telling all that is in your gear to protect yourself. REALLY. So, I suppose you tell all the burglars and thiefs around the neighborhood what is lurking in your house around every corner. With that said, i suppose your house has been raided several times, RIGHT? Where do you live? SO, what is all in your house and bob bag anyways. I suppose you have a really good job and have all kinds of stuff. So what might you have? For survival, you know, what is talked about on here. Any good stuff. I'm interested, what that might be.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well if you read the first post in this thread, its about night vision, since we assume the power will be out.

Once the power is out there are no street lights and well its dark and its dangerous and people are heavily armed and scared and hungry. Just take a look at some riot footage and you will see buildings on fire and in some cases at the same time snipers on roof tops even shooting at the firemen.
That happened in America.

But we are supposing there might not be any firemen, but the buildings may be on fire, after looting, and there may be snipers on roof tops.

So you don't want to stick your head up if you can help it. You want to see if the coast is clear.

And or if someone or ones are prowling around your house, shelter, bunker or apartment building.

So rather than stick your head out and get shot, you can just send up one of these remote controlled helicopters that have a camera built in
But it doesn't have night vision.
So, you still need to see where you are flying, and well, so far this is still not good enough.

Even if you attach an IR recording flashlight, it will record in the dark, but you can't see where you are flying.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well if you read the first post in this thread, its about night vision, since we assume the power will be out.

Once the power is out there are no street lights and well its dark and its dangerous and people are heavily armed and scared and hungry. Just take a look at some riot footage and you will see buildings on fire and in some cases at the same time snipers on roof tops even shooting at the firemen.

But we are supposing there might not be any firemen, but the buildings may be on fire, after looting, and there may be snipers on roof tops.

So you don't want to stick your head up if you can help it. You want to see if the coast is clear.

And or if someone or ones are prowling around your house, shelter, bunker or apartment building.

So rather than stick your head out and get shot, you can just send up one of these remote controlled helicopters that have a camera built in
So, you still need to see where you are flying, and well, so far this is still not good enough.

Even if you attach an IR recording flashlight, it will record in the dark, but you can't see where you are flying.

So, when the power is out, tell me. How are you going to recharge the TOY. Your gas generator. And when the gas runs out, how are you going to recharge your toy.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Tell me, how does night vision work? What is the power supply on the glasses?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
would you want to know that about night vision glasses? I do not know much about them, tho i seen them in stores.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So, when the power is out, tell me. How are you going to recharge the TOY. Your gas generator. And when the gas runs out, how are you going to recharge your toy.

There's lots of ways. You can make an HHO generator or get a car battery from outside. Or use solar.
Chances are there will be lots of car batteries. Until people steal them all.

But with one car battery, you can charge that helicopter a lot of times because it just uses small batteries.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Tell me, how does night vision work? What is the power supply on the glasses?

Same thing it takes a Lithium Ion battery and you can charge it in a car, or plug it in or with a car battery that you pull out of a car.

The glasses are just two lcd screens like if you flip open the screen on your cam corder. two screens that size.

But if you look at that last helicopter I posted. Look at how tiny the screen is that you have to fly by.

Its like 2 inches.

When you wear the glasstrons, it emulates a 50 inch TV screen because its close to your face.

So what you could do is rig up the galasstrons and use them as your screen, then you are flying the helicopter with a wide screen TV monitor.

Suppose you wanted to go out to the car. To get your game boy controller but you hear gun shots in your neighborhood and down the road stores are on fire and being looted.

How do you know there aren't people right on your porch, on both sides of the door, waiting for you to come out and grab you? Or in your car hiding? Or beside your house hiding?

Wouldn't it be nice to fly the helicopter around your yard and into the street and up high to see if it is safe to run to the car?

edit on 23-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So when all the gas is gone and the batteries are all dead, then what? Solar panels? I myself would take out the generator in a car and rig it to some bicycle and use that for power to charge batteries, but solar seems to be the way to go maybe, but nothing lasts forever. THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT. What if there were no batteries,solar panels and small generators were hard and few to come by. Do you know how to make or repair a small generator so that you can charge all this stuff? If the SHTF for a number of years, those things will not be available. You will have to rely on your inventive skills to protect yourself and feed yourself and so on.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Gen one. starlight powered.

Oh and a couple boxes of parachute flares.

Lights up 15 acres......why worry about night when you can just turn the lights on?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I have eneloop batteries AAA AA and C and D sized adapters. Each eneloop can take 1500 charges and they dont etch. so you can even top off the charges. so each one is like a crate full of batteries. A set of 4 is like stocking 6000 batteries. I also have multiple sets so if the sun is gone for a week from storms or clouds im still ok all the way.

And a folding USB solar panel and adapters for all phones and devices. Its 800ma so it can charge batss in about 30 min. Phones and other things in about 1.5 hrs Going to pick up a second set for my other location

The entire set with solar panel, adapters and lots of batts is under 3 pounds.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have a yukon digital ranger with video output. Its not the pro version bit its pretty damn good

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Thats not a bad unit at all. I just have mine to scan for other folks using illuminators. I know they have to have them on full time to operate in the wilds so i can see them and not give away my location.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
For night vision I use my trusty Feline, model American Short Hair named "Kitty" . I understand the night vision is excellent.

I say, What do you see out there girl?

She says," Meow".

Still haven't figured this thing out. Must be made in China.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join