It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do you have for night vision?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What I have is 3 SONY camcorders with night vision. One of them has incredible zoom, but not great resolution but it can see for about 4 miles.

But if it is pitch dark outside, and I need to go somewhere, what I might do is wear my Glasstrons connected to one of my camcorders,and wear a balaclava over them so they stay put and don't give off much residual light.

They are only good for an hour or an hour and a half. But for a short trip in the pitch dark, it would be ok.

I am also getting one of these robot spy cameras that can see in the dark. I don't know what the range is on it yet though. I will let you know in a month and a half when I have it. (or sooner)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

A flashlight! Seriously, the night vision things cost too much and aren't even good.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

A flashlight! Seriously, the night vision things cost too much and aren't even good.

Yes but a flashlight is just a target in the dark. A prowler with a flashlight. Might be a robber or a hoodlum with a flashlight. Shoot first ask questions later. "Shoot them honey, think of the kids"

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
excellent nightvision along with familiarity/awareness of who/what is around me at all times.

Healthy diet, practicing martial arts and meditating work wonders..

The tech stuff is nice - but it does have limits and can be countered.

I see better at night and in low-light conditions than I do in full daylight.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
excellent nightvision along with familiarity/awareness of who/what is around me at all times.

You are fortunate to have good eyes. I think that on a clear night even if there was no power in the city, starlight would be enough to get a round a bit. Moonlight is enough to see usually. I work at night so I navigate that way a bit some times.

But if it is cloudy and dark, then if there is no ambient light, you cannot see your hand in front of your face.

Maybe you can, but most people cannot. Cats and I think horses can, maybe dogs.

I am going to make one of these infrared flashlight for my handicam with night vision.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In case someone doesn't have anything at all, this might be handy for 30 bucks At least you could see who is outside.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

You are fortunate to have good eyes. I think that on a clear night even if there was no power in the city, starlight would be enough to get a round a bit. Moonlight is enough to see usually. I work at night so I navigate that way a bit some times.

But if it is cloudy and dark, then if there is no ambient light, you cannot see your hand in front of your face.

I am going to make one of these infrared flashlight for my handicam with night vision.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yeah I changed my mind about making one of those when I found out you can buy one for 5 bucks at Lowes.

But I don't want a cheap 5 dollar one. I want a 30 dollar one.

Or better still, a remote controlled toy helicopter with night vision and record capabilities.

If I had to I could scavenge the system from the toy robot listed above and put it into a toy helicopter.

If you go out there with a flashlight after TSHTF, you know whats going to happen.
"Shoot them honey, they have a gun. We can't afford to lose what little food we have left!"

edit on 23-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have an app on my droid that is called nite vision or something.
I don't think that it is military grade however.

Srsly gen 2.
Want gen 3 tho.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I found a night vision helicopter I think for 32 bucks.

At least you could get that and the 30 dollar flashlight camera. There has to be one that is better that can see and video tape and has a long life battery and rf control and rf video feed.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I have an app on my droid that is called nite vision or something.
I don't think that it is military grade however.

Srsly gen 2.
Want gen 3 tho.

You can fly thiis one with your Iphone change the missiles to exploding ordinance or hollow tipped, poison dart frog something for using against the wild ravenous packs of Ferrel dogs. Only a 6 meter range. The other one is 10 meter.

I want 20 meter range, night vision, infrared LED on top, silent, record and stream through RF to handset, fly upside down (I like that option) rainproof, annnnd auto-gyro of course, and can carry a small payload, long life battery.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah but it's made in china and those things hardly work the way they do in the commercials.
Plus this is about night vision, not non working chinese garbage.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Yeah but it's made in china and those things hardly work the way they do in the commercials.
Plus this is about night vision, not non working chinese garbage.

Well for the price you can buy 3 of these and modify them yourself. Surely one of 3 will do the job for you. The Iphone is made in China so is the Ipod, and the Ipad.

And from another thread, craziest inventions ever made, consider my Glasstrons above, and I have a camcorder or any devices like an led screen, and
is no longer one of the craziest inventions ever made.

Those Russians know which was the wind blows.

For those little metal helicopters, they will climb 30 meters. 100 feet.

Imagine the field of view at 100 feet. And you attach that small 30 dollar IR flashlight recorder and you send the the thing up and record everything around you and then bring it back down and view the video.

Thats the ultra cheap 40 dollar night recon.

What you really want though is RF streaming video. But then you need the Russian sweater things to block out the light given off by your LED screen. Like the robot camera has.

You have to kick it up a notch. Put a bullet antenna on it. Put a better antenna on your transmitter, and give it a Lithium Ion battery. You know spend some time in the garage and put 3 or 4 recording flashlights on it.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added info

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well, they have a camera for them. But they are out of stock.

I am sure they are somewhere still though and for 27,000 dollars, no wait, thats not right, they are 32 bucks

They might have it in stock here its a little more pricey though. 38 bucks. But they are not night vision cameras.

Worst comes to worst, you have to install one yourself. Still, day vision is a good thing to have as well for seeing who is out there and what they are carrying without going out there yourself.

I will find a night vision camera. They sell them from the robot separately.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added link

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You can upgrade the robot to swat specs if you want from the same place I am getting mine. Dual cameras, day and night, robotic arm, two way voice, etc.

32 bucks. No wait, thats not right. 34,000 dollars

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well if you want to fit a night vision camera on a remote controlled helicopter, here is the camera you need.

But its not cheap. 127 bucks

But its a good one. RF which means you can see while you fly at night.

So if you are going to spend good dollars on a camera, you want to spend a hundred bucks on a good helicopter that will help fly itself, and maybe detect obstacles so it doesn't fly into anything.

You know robots can detect obstacles, why not helicopters?

Here is a remiote controlled car with decent range and night vision camera RF with monocle. You might convert that to tracks from wheels.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added link

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
whats with all the questions about what people have for survival gear? I'm sure all of us here on a.t.s would really like to know.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If worst came to worst, you could attach this watch to your helicopter.

It has full 1080 HD IR camera in the watch.

So if you didn't feel comfortable taking the camera out, you could attach the watch.
But then you need a infrared spotlight.

And so then when you think about weight, you are probably just better off going with the IR LED recording flashlight and attaching it to remote controlled helicopter

Maybe add more battery power to the helicopter.

You will only get minimum range this way, but its better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
whats with all the questions about what people have for survival gear? I'm sure all of us here on a.t.s would really like to know.

Well this part of the forum is Survival Tactics and supplies.

This is where you can find out information regarding what to do in case the TSHTF and share your information with others.

That helps you to be prepared.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

In case someone doesn't have anything at all, this might be handy for 30 bucks At least you could see who is outside.

off topic but have you ever ordered anything from this company? If so did you get your item? if so how long did it take for shipping?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join