It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doom & Gloom Halloween Writing Contest [D&G] [winners announced]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is this contest going to be based on flags for the winner?

Just curious....

Oh sorry just read it.

edit on 4-11-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I love it when questions get answered in the same post.

I hope to see tons of flags all over the best stories.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
When this contest ends after midnight on Thursday and the winners are announced on Friday morning, I'd like to start a new contest right away.

If you wish to suggest a theme for the next contest, please post it here.

My personal suggestion would be fictional SHTF survivalist accounts...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

My personal suggestion would be fictional SHTF survivalist accounts...

Hmmm...maybe I'll repost my ongoing story again?

Suggestion: Maybe more specific as in "WW3 / Nuclear Holocaust Survivalist" accounts ?

Why do I feel more depressed all of a sudden ?!?!?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I've had an idea for a story running around in my head for a day or two now, but it's more a story of a personal SHTF moment and how someone would survive that.

Would it be acceptable to extend the concept so that it's not only on a global or national scale?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm honestly open to all ideas, not just for the next contest but for any and all future contests.

The SHTF was only an off the cuff suggestion, but certainly not the only theme we could do.

How about the AntiChrist as a theme? Or the happiest day of your life or the life of a pet seen through their eyes?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

How about the AntiChrist as a theme? Or the happiest day of your life or the life of a pet seen through their eyes?

Hmmmm

I've had the happiest days of my life thanks to my pets, who obviously have seen me as the source of all comfort.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that at least one of the little so-and sos had been the Antichrist

Did I win anything?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For members who had read the first part of "From Darkness to Eternity", this is just to let you know that I added Part II and a conclusive Part III.

Hope you enjoy!

Linkie to Part II :

Strings of Hope

Which leads to Part III : A New World

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Better late than never. This one isn't so long, but it was easy to write. I hope to get in on the next contest.
Next time? TSHF is good, or an exciting crypid adventure. How about a C2Cam extravagnza? Any thing that might come up there, UFO abductions, time travel, remote viewing your favorite bit of history, tinkering with the gene pool and getting a new?? Maybe that's a little too broad. Maybe we could take a movie (The Birds) or a Twilight Zone episode and see how many interesting take offs we could create.
I have confidence that you will come up with something interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

You know what? I really really like that C2C idea. I'll have to mull that one over for a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you did do the C2C contest, maybe George would mention it on air. I bet there are a lot of peolpe who write, but don't know that this section of ATS even exists. It might garner some "new blood" for the board.
I also had a second thought, what if you found a very interesting picture the contest was to write about it. It could be something very odd, or something pure vanilla. The later may require more creativity than the former.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
And the winners are:

1st

The Doom and Gloom of Doom and Gloom by Jean Paul Zodeaux

2nd

Suffer The Children by bigfatfurrytexan

3rd

From Darkness to Eternity by SonoftheSun

Thanks to all who entered into the contest.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well done, everybody.

This contest has been fun - love Hallowe'en

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Well done.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What is the next writing "contest"? I saw that one was discussed, but am not sure I have found a resolution.

I am interested in doing more writing in the future, and have 39 years of daydreaming/meditation/thought experiments that I could fictionalize if the right notion strikes me. And I had fun doing it.

ETA: thank you, by the way. I did get quite a bit of positive feedback, both on this forum and off. As always anything I do is more about me than anything else...but it is always nice to know someone appreciates your artistic endeavors.
edit on 12-11-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well Congrats are in order, Mr. Zodeaux and Mr. Texan !!!! I have enjoyed both your stories very much.

But the biggest hand of applause should be given to all members that did participate. There were a LOT of great stories in this contest.

A lot of talent and a lot of creativity.

I have read every single story and it has been a real joy !!

Everyone's a winner here !

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Congrats to all the winners.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Excellent job winners and to all of the entries, this was not an easy one to judge.

Compliments to all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join