It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Israel and the Age of Grace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The Grace of God is undeserved. This means we can do nothing apart from faith in God to please God. Works do not lead to faith. Instead, faith is God's work in us, which leads to the fruit of the spirit. When fruit is evident by faith, works follow. More and more people in the Jewish community are waking up to the message of Christ.

The video below is an interesting Bible study regarding physical Israel, Paul and ethnically Jewish people--Yeshua and adoption into the family of Israel. Romans 9-11 and the end of days glory of Israel is discussed in this video. Some would suggest a replacement theology that says God has abandoned Israel. This is an error. Israel continues to be a representation of believers who seek love for others as a bestowal back to God for what was first given to us.

For more on this topic, reference the Hebrew concept of 'Bread of Shame.'

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["The Grace of God is undeserved."]

Only according to your assumptions based on your mythological manual.

Quote: ["This means we can do nothing apart from faith in God to please God."]

No. It means, that this is what YOU believe about your own existential options. There is no 'we' here.

Quote: ["Works do not lead to faith."]

Which is completely insignificant, irrelevant and uninteresting for most of mankind.

Quote: [" Instead, faith is God's work in us, which leads to the fruit of the spirit."]

Your choice, just annoying to have pushed at the rest of us.

Quote: [" When fruit is evident by faith, works follow. More and more people in the Jewish community are waking up to the message of Christ."]

Christian 'statistics' on such points are usually very cosmetic. I doubt this is an exception.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The video below is an interesting Bible study regarding physical Israel, Paul and ethnically Jewish people--Yeshua and adoption into the family of Israel.
You may be thinking of Jesus. I don't know who that other person is who you were talking about. For further information on this topic, read my People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The Grace of God is undeserved. This means we can do nothing apart from faith in God to please God. Works do not lead to faith.
Have you completely lost it?
Hebrews 11: 6 . . .apart from faith. . .
John 15: 5 . . .apart from me (Jesus). . .

Faith in Jesus, then do things that God approves of.
You have the main part of the formula missing, and the remainder turned backwards.
(similar to everything else you post, so no big surprise there)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you read the book of Hosea carefully you can figure out what happened. But to summarize it in a few words what happened was they triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But for the actual cause of the curse I had to find that in a different book.

Malachi 4 KJV.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And here is what Jesus Christ said.
Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Though after putting together the pieces I did realize that buried in Hosea was the timetable of the curse.
Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

But what are those days? It makes no sense until you remember Psalms 90-4 and 2nd Peter 3-8.

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those days are thousand year periods of time. The curse was to last 2000 years.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Grace of God is undeserved. This means we can do nothing apart from faith in God to please God. Works do not lead to faith.
Have you completely lost it?
Hebrews 11: 6 . . .apart from faith. . .
John 15: 5 . . .apart from me (Jesus). . .

Faith in Jesus, then do things that God approves of.
You have the main part of the formula missing, and the remainder turned backwards.
(similar to everything else you post, so no big surprise there)

My original statement was that works do not get you faith. Faith brings works.

Hebrews 11
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

John 15:5 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

As John mentions in verse one, God is the gardener. Being in the name of Christ is being in His character, which is love for others. Taking the Lord's name in vain is taking on the character of Christ apart from the actions that are required by faith. Faith without works is dead. Faith does not come from works, but works from faith.

LINK

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

If you read the book of Hosea carefully you can figure out what happened. But to summarize it in a few words what happened was they triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But for the actual cause of the curse I had to find that in a different book.

Malachi 4 KJV.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And here is what Jesus Christ said.
Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Though after putting together the pieces I did realize that buried in Hosea was the timetable of the curse.
Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

But what are those days? It makes no sense until you remember Psalms 90-4 and 2nd Peter 3-8.

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those days are thousand year periods of time. The curse was to last 2000 years.

Your are dead on here. Not only this, but Jesus also stated that if they tear down this temple, he would raise it in three days. The three days he speaks of are the three thousand years the remaining, or three days left in the week. The temple is a dual meaning. The body / mind of man (Christ) and the actual temple of God on earth.

Adam to Noah 2000
Noah to Jesus 2000
Jesus to Today 2000

Here we have 6 days. Two days after Jesus results in the rock being rolled away. Peter was the rock of the church. When it is rolled away, the empty tomb is left behind and Christ is revealed to rise to new life. The last day is the reign of Christ when the Jews will be raised to new life. The dead in Christ will rise first. The dead in Christ is the church.

Epistle of Barnabas

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

edit on 23-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

My original statement was that works do not get you faith.
Then the answer to my earlier rhetorical question is, Yes.
What you said is right there in your post, the post by you that I am replying to right now!
So how can you now say you said something different?
I can't say what I think because it does not follow guidelines on this forum for proper decorum, but I will give a hint, it would not be nice.
edit on 23-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

My original statement was that works do not get you faith.
Then the answer to my earlier rhetorical question is, Yes.
What you said is right there in your post, the post by you that I am replying to right now!
So how can you now say you said something different?
I can't say what I think because it does not follow guidelines on this forum for proper decorum, but I will give a hint, it would not be nice.
edit on 23-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Rather than resorting to a regretful reply, simply provide context to your viewpoint. How do you see it?

new topics

top topics

join