It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in toothpaste okay...but why water?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well for starters you can get fluoriude free toothpaste if you choose.
I dont even use toothpaste, baking soda is better.
As for the water, i should be able to decide whether there is fluoride in it or not.
Noone has the right to fluoridate the water i drink, but since someone does anyway....
I just go to a spring about 20mins outside the town i live.
Screw Fluoride, i havent had a cavity since i stopped using toothpaste.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret
Fluoride is a good thing, unless you want to have a mouth like a caveman.

There is a reason why all the ancient skulls we find have horrible dentition.

Yeah, I think they were a little late inventing sonic care... In fact, they were most likely naughty, and didn't brush at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm not going to further comment on my educational background.

But unless I've been SERIOUSLY lied to, fluoride is good.

The rate of cavities nowadays is nothing compared to pre-flouridation of water.

Noone has showed any negative effect of fluoride except for fluorosis.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why for ingestion?

so it calcifies the pineal glad,

and causes arthritis, osteoporosis, and makes you DOCILE for when depopulation is implemented.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

We've done studies in Canada. The west coast and BC has no flouride in our water, in fact this is pure, no chemicals, thankfully my home. And far better dental records and enamel than the east coast. Dentists should now realize, many have woken up about it.

www.healingdaily.com...

stonesouptoronto.wordpress.com...

The photos that compare the cultures are shocking and tell a story that words cannot. The healthy people all boast large, bright white smiles, with straight teeth, with vigor and happiness. The modernized people show terribly formed dental arches, multiple carries and rot, and a host of other health problems including tuberculosis, high suicide rates from dental caries (the pain no doubt), mental health problems and depression, a changing of the facial features to be malformed, and various infections...

Of the healthy peoples with the more natural diet, Dr. Price found these commonalities:

all of them consumed a diet rich in fat from natural butter, seafood, cod liver or seal oil, or animal organs with the fat
none was a vegetarian society and some existed mostly on meats, like the Innu
the healthiest consumed a lot of meats, while the least healthy consumed a lot of agriculture crops
many consumed insects and their larva
all food was seasonal and local
sweets were used very rarely for festivals or eaten in moderation when available
raw protein was an important part of each diet: nuts, seeds, seafoods, natural cheese, eggs, milk, sprouted seeds, meats
sea plants or minerals were included in most diets
storage methods included: freezing, drying, earth storage, culturing, fermenting, sprouting, pickling
physical exercise was a part of life on a daily basis
pure air and sunlight were abundant
each group fasted or abstained certain times of the year as a natural way of life
all cultures consumed fermented foods each day
all young were breast fed, and children were spaced 3 yrs apart to facilitate this and protect the health of the mother. People who were anticipating conceiving or having a child were fed special foods (fats often) to support the baby’s growth.
all foods were consumed whole and unprocessed

there were many old people, dispelling the myth that we live longer today. Early death was attributed to dangerous lifestyles, and the Aboriginals did not seem to suffer from heart disease or degenerative diseases at the rates we do now.

We have a very poor diet. Flouride is poison don't ingest it.

What is good for teeth: Vit e, Vit A, cod liver oil, liver and lots of it, wheat germ and all the FATTY Vitamins. They also PREVENT CANCER. And eat lots if you have it.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is quite a good read. I've pdf'd it. ccpwa.sitesled.com...

This one too:
www.fluoride-journal.com...
edit on 23-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aletheia007
What a load of baloney. Do you even know what fluoride is? Fluoride is a fluorine atom combined with another element.
Also do you know exactly what type of fluorde is added? the fluoride used is no different from what you find naturally in water. The vast majority of fluoridation plants in the UK and America use hexafluorosilicic acid, which is a liquid, as the fluoridating agent.

Fluoride is found in a solid form in minerals such as fluorspar, cryolite and apatite Fluorspar (also called
fluorite) and is found in most parts of the world. It is a mineral containing between 30 to 98 percent calcium fluoride. Cryolite is a compound of aluminium, sodium, and fluoride. Because of its low melting point, it is preferred for industrial use, but is not a major source of fluoride for water fluoridation. Apatite is a deposit of a mixture of calcium compounds, including calcium phosphates, calcium fluorides, and calcium carbonates. Apatite contains between 3 to 7 percent fluoride and is the main source of fluorides used in water fluoridation.

To obtain hexafluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6):
• The fluoride-containing rock is ground up and treated with sulphuric acid producing hydrofluoric acid gas (HF);

• The HF gas then begins a purification process involving washing, cooling, condensation, and finally distillation (rectification);

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~S N I P ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of facts. Do you know yours?

We start out with the natural form of organically bound calcium-fluoro-phosphate, which is commonly found in tea, especially green tea. This form of calcium is actually non-toxic. Now, starting with a gradient scale of harmfulness, Calcium fluoride is another form of inorganic fluoride. Some scientists with poor differentiation include this type of fluoride, which is not as harmful in comparison with all the other forms of fluoride, which in fact are harmful.

Starting with the least toxic calcium fluoride, then to the aluminum processing plants waste product called sodium fluoride, which is several thousand times more toxic than the calcium fluoride, to the next more common hydrofluorosilicic acid which is a waste byproduct from the heavy metal plating industry’s waste acid and Florida Phosphate Mining Industries waste fluoride, chromium, and radioactive Strontium-90 [which occurs naturally in Florida’s clays].

It is this latter, hydrofluorosilicic acid, that is illegal to dump in rivers and oceans, but is legal to be added as a tooth decay preventive in our drinking water. This form of fluoride is again many thousands of times more toxic than sodium fluoride, which is many thousands of times more toxic than calcium fluoride.

beyondnaturalhealthremedies.com...

Hexafluorosilicic acid releases hydrogen fluoride when evaporated, so it has similar risks. It is corrosive and may cause fluoride poisoning; inhalation of the vapors may cause lung edema. Like hydrogen fluoride, it attacks glass and stoneware.[7]
en.wikipedia.org...

( This is the Only issue of safety Wikipedia lists. We Know this chemical causes more harm than that. I hope some savvy person who knows how to edit wikipedia fixes this gross oversight. Hint Hint)

Approximately 60% of US public drinking water systems are fluoridated. In Europe, where more objective scrutiny of the science has taken place, the practice has almost unanimously been rejected and yet according to statistics collected and published by the World Health Organization (WHO), their children's teeth are just as good, if not better, than those of American children

One intriguing and disturbing fact about fluoridation is that over 90% of the agent used in US fluoridation schemes is not pharmaceutical grade sodium fluoride, on which practically all toxicological testing has been performed, but industrial grade hexafluorosilicic acid obtained from the air pollution scrubbing systems of the superphosphate industry By law, this waste cannot be dumped into the sea but the EPA allows it to be diluted down with our public drinking water. The union representing scientists at the EPA headquarters in Washington, DC has gone on record as opposing this bizarre form of hazardous waste management (See www.fluoridealert.org)
. www.fluoridedebate.com...

Now if any of these are not facts, Prove It.
edit on 23-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Omg YOu are distorting the facts to suit your own agenda. here is a snippet from the link i provided since u havent even bothered to read.

Common misconceptions
It is often claimed by opponents of fluoridation that the aluminium and phosphate fertiliser industries have a vested interest in promoting water fluoridation. It is perhaps worthwhile addressing those claims here.
The phosphate fertiliser industry
Apatite is the raw material used in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers, and Fluorine for the manufacture of fluorides for water fluoridation is recovered from this process. The manufacturing process of fluorosilicic acid for water fluoridation involves recovery of the product from a vapour phase, which ensures a high degree of purity. The product is therefore manufactured in tandem with the production of phosphoric acid, and can be described as a co-product. It would, however, be equally valid to describe phosphate fertilizers as coproducts of the manufacture of fluorosilicic acid, since each are valuable products.
The aluminium industry
The basis of the claims that the aluminium industry promotes fluoridation in order to dispose of its toxic waste seems to be based on a tenuous link more than 40 years ago in the USA. In the 1940s, The Aluminium Company of America
(ALCOA) acquired a chemical manufacturing plant which produced fluoride compounds by the method described above (not as a waste product of aluminium production). ALCOA was then using sodium fluoride as a catalyst in the aluminium smelting process, but soon replaced sodium fluoride with less costly fluoride compounds. ALCOA sold the chemical plant in the early 1950s; their last sales of sodium fluoride were in 1952. Nowadays, the aluminium industry is the largest user of fluoride compounds, and has no interest in promoting water fluoridation whatsoever

To check whether the fluoride added to water is the same as that which is naturally present, it was necessary to establish the extent to which the hexafluorosilicate ion (SiF62-) splits up to form fluoride ion (F¯) and silicic acid (Si(OH)4) – a process known as the dissociation reaction. The calculation covered the range of pH levels normally encountered in water supplies (a pH below 7 indicates acidity, a pH in excess of 7 indicates alkalinity), and the `worst case’ in terms of the relevant chemical reactions (by using the smallest value hydrolysis constant). The results showed
that, effectively, all of the hexafluorosilicate would dissolve to form free fluoride ion (F¯).
Next, the rate at which the dissociation reaction takes place was calculated to check whether the process of splitting will take place within the timescale relevant to water treatment and distribution (hours to days). The conclusion was that the process is complete by the time the water reaches the consumers tap.

Also to add further injury to your facts here is the chemical reaction formula for hexafluorosilicic acid when its added to water H2SiF6 + 4H2O ↔ 6F¯ + Si(OH)4 + 6H+...What this shows after water has been added that the reaction splits the chemical compound into fluorine ions silicic acid and hydrogen ions. Now you care to tell me that this formula is wrong? Why dont you find yourself a chemist and ask him if you cant understand it.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just want to share my thoughts. Up until I was age 19, I lived with my parents. They lived in the country and had well water, with no flouride in it. I never had a single cavity.

When I was 19, almost 20, I moved out. I moved into an apartment on public water, but this water had no flouride in it (we live near cleanest lake in the country, water is given to people directly from lake without being treated first.) My teeth were still fine.

Then, I moved into another apartment, on city water treated with flouride. This was at age 21. I'm still living there, now 22 years old, and I now have my first cavity. Hmm? Now, clearly after moving out from mommy and daddy's house, my hygiene has gone down. But shouldn't the flouride have saved me?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join