It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Application to Masons Judged on looks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi

I have a strange question, if a person were to apply to become a Mason and had tattoos and piercings would that person be rejected?

I ask this because I have tattoos covering my arms and rather large piercings in my ears, does anyone think that this would be counted against me?

???

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No. Well, as long as your tattoos don't depict cross-burnings, baby-eating, rape/tortue, etc. But that's obvious.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regulus
Hi

I have a strange question, if a person were to apply to become a Mason and had tattoos and piercings would that person be rejected?

No. My top line sponsor was a World War II Navy vet, and he's covered with tatts.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No. I know this because my upper arms, chest and back are covered in tattoos, though truly, they did not see them during the interview process, and they have never been mentioned since.

part of the lecture of the Entered Apprentice goes:

...because masonry regards no man on account of his worldly wealth or honors, and was is to signify to you that it is the internal, and not the eexternal qualities which recommend a man to be made a mason...

So your tattoos and piercings will not disqualify you for membership.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regulus
Hi

I ask this because I have tattoos covering my arms and rather large piercings in my ears, does anyone think that this would be counted against me?

???

I don't think I could have possibly gotten in, if it wasn't for my cute fuzziness (which hides all my tattoos).

An unsolicited appraisal of our erstwhile simian.

[edit on 31/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Heh. I will answer your question with this link.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Great, thanks for the replies.

Alex, thanks for the interesting link.

new topics

top topics

join