It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Would Side With Pakistan In Us-Pakistan Conflict-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So this is how the afghan people feel about the US. Now I understand we have done alot of damage, but we have also done alot of good there. Knowing this, I would pack up tomorrow and withdraw EVERY troop! Well, all I can say mr. karzai, good luck when it goes down. This is the story from the instigating rt.

‘Afghanistan would side with Pakistan in US-Pakistani conflict’ - Karzai
Afghanistan would support Pakistan should there be military conflict between Pakistan and the United States, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in an interview with a Pakistani TV channel broadcast on Saturday. "God forbid, if ever there is a war between Pakistan and America, Afghanistan will side with Pakistan," he said in the interview. Karzai said tensions between the United States and Pakistan did not have any impact on his country's attitude toward Pakistan. The TV channel did not say when the interview was conducted.rt.com...

edit on 22-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I suspect for many Afghans our society would be alien and unknown, they would be familiar with Pakistani society. I expect those better educated would see the benefit brought by the States and its allies.

I don't know if the Afghani know they are sitting on millions and millions of $s of valuable mineral deposits but I expect those who are aware, may well wonder the real motive for the US and Allies real attention. Osama wasn't in Afghanistan, he was living happily in Pakistan, so no real Al Queee threat.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Swells aren't we at war with the Pakistanis and also if Karzai were to pull a stunt like this he'll "disappear"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

ya if you believe the governments account of reality. This goes beyond osama, this is an ungrateful country we should have never even been in. The saudis orchestrated 911 to have the us take them out. The saudis are afraid of every other nation in the middle east because they are afraid of their precious oil will be in competition with these other countries oil. Afghan, Iraq, Lybia, next Pakistsan and syria. You see the pattern? We are the slaves for the saudis so they will keep trading their oil in USD.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Um, what part of any of those nations being "islamic" did you not understand? Did you think they would side with the infidels over their own brothers? This is why we need to quit wasting money on them and get the hell out now. Just drop everything they are doing and leave so that they get no more U.S. tax payer dollars.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Um, what part of any of those nations being "islamic" did you not understand? Did you think they would side with the infidels over their own brothers? This is why we need to quit wasting money on them and get the hell out now. Just drop everything they are doing and leave so that they get no more U.S. tax payer dollars.

Kill em all- let allah sort em out

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah cause they always get along sooooo handsomely huh?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nobody in their right mind would side with an oppressor who has invaded their country, murdered their people and continues to oppress and murder them destroying their culture and country... What do you expect them to do.. Smile and say thank you master were ready to throw our lives away so you can destroy another country..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

ya if you believe the governments account of reality. This goes beyond osama, this is an ungrateful country we should have never even been in. The saudis orchestrated 911 to have the us take them out. The saudis are afraid of every other nation in the middle east because they are afraid of their precious oil will be in competition with these other countries oil. Afghan, Iraq, Lybia, next Pakistsan and syria. You see the pattern? We are the slaves for the saudis so they will keep trading their oil in USD.

Do you honestly believe the Saudis thought they were threatened by the Afghan people? Afganistan is still more like a country made up of war lords each commanding his own area. That country certainly doesn't compete with the Saudi arsenal of nicely made USA and EU armoury and craft. It was also ravaged by war when the Russians were there. Their focus is on the Pakistan border, the Taliban and trying to rebuild thier own country whilst infighting. \Pity they should be mining their minerals. However, I don't think they compete in any way in the oil business with Saudi.

The Saudi rulers fear, apart from their own people, Iran - the Suni versus the Shia, also Saudi prides itself as the 'big boy' or the Islamic world, they have Mecca etc. They have however just lost their oldest member of the House of Saud, so their politics could change but it won't change the situation with Iran with its huge population and nicely made Russian, Indian and Chinese armoury and craft. Also Iran may be ahead of Saudi for the nuclear race, however most ME nations want that to feel safe from Israel.

I do agree that we are oil junkies, through no desire on most people's part, to the Saudi's but that is down to lousy and corrupt government - not many countries have a Tony Blair. I posted earlier I can see why Pakistan would seem a better bet than us.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Afghanistan contains 90% of the world's heroin (opium). Can you imagine the street value of that? No way is NATO and the U.S. going to leave when there's a cash cow like that to milk.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It's worth noting that Saudi Arabia's government was also really afraid of Osama bin Ladin; he was regarded as someone who could have, if he wanted, organized a popular movement among the Arabian people to overthrow the government - he had the wealth, and he certainly had the prestige, as a mujaheddin leader who had struck the US and Russia both several times. He clearly held more stringently to the principles of Saudi Salafism than the royals did, as well.

I'm not saying the Saudis used the US for their agenda (frankly their agenda would have mirrored our own in any case - the US government has no interest in the fall of the Saudi regime) but they did see Osama as a threat to the stability of their position.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Do you honestly believe the Saudis thought they were threatened by the Afghan people? Afganistan is still more like a country made up of war lords each commanding his own area. That country certainly doesn't compete with the Saudi arsenal of nicely made USA and EU armoury and craft. It was also ravaged by war when the Russians were there. Their focus is on the Pakistan border, the Taliban and trying to rebuild thier own country whilst infighting. \Pity they should be mining their minerals. However, I don't think they compete in any way in the oil business with Saudi.

The Saudi rulers fear, apart from their own people, Iran - the Suni versus the Shia, also Saudi prides itself as the 'big boy' or the Islamic world, they have Mecca etc. They have however just lost their oldest member of the House of Saud, so their politics could change but it won't change the situation with Iran with its huge population and nicely made Russian, Indian and Chinese armoury and craft. Also Iran may be ahead of Saudi for the nuclear race, however most ME nations want that to feel safe from Israel.

I do agree that we are oil junkies, through no desire on most people's part, to the Saudi's but that is down to lousy and corrupt government - not many countries have a Tony Blair. I posted earlier I can see why Pakistan would seem a better bet than us.

not the people the countries resources ie OIL and the trade thereof

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

1/2 of Pakistan want closer and tighter ties with the West. [City dwellers] the other half would side with the Taliban. Afghanistan is just as divided.

top topics

join