It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul : Wins FIRST PLACE in Ohio GOP Straw Poll ( 10/22/2011 )

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

herman cain BLOWN out by ron paul

hahahahaha

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I agree with what you're saying, but I wish I had looked at the date of the poll before I brought it up, since it is no longer meaningful.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Though I believe Ron Paul is the most sincerest, genuine and incorruptible candidate who believes strong in his principles and follows them to a fault, I cannot see him winning the Republican nomination which is a complete shame. Guaranteed the Republican National Convention will be rigged by voters that favor another candidate like Mitt Romney. That's what I think. Republican leaders don't like Ron Paul. He's not part of the inner circle of elitist Republicans that will ensure the maintenance of the monetary and political power. In fact he is against groups controlling the free market, skewing the free market in their favor. This whole party system is just a large business ensuring maximum profit by masquerading as representatives of the people when in fact they are representatives of big money. They can't balance both, serving the interested of the people majority while serving the interests of big money minority. Following the Law of Self-Interest, they will side with those that ensure them the best life. The poor people majority will not do that, but the rich will which means we're screwed. This is why Ron Paul will not be nominated especially by the Republicans. He might have a chance if he was Democratic except he wants to take down the Fed which is a big NO-NO!

In the corrupt political and economic system that exists today, people like Ron Paul, rare and few, are not electable even though the majority of people would vote for them.

If we the people really want change, we should change the electoral system to the popular vote, put it online and get rid of politicians: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

posts like the one you just made are a dime a dozen
every so often someone feels they need to repeat what's been repeated a million times already in the hopes that people will think "oh what a brilliant post"

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If Ron Paul isn't elected as the nominee, then we must write him in and BEAT the Republican nominee (While still losing to Obama I'm sure) just to show the GOP that their failure to choose RON PAUL was their failure to take the whitehouse.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I, for one, think it is hilarious that Romney loses to a black guy, given how racist Mormons have been in the past. Not that I really think that much of either party.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Federal Records Show Romney Campaign Is Bought And Paid For By Big Banks. I will be writing in Ron Paul’s name if I must.

I think it may hurt, but a return to pre 30's America is the reward! The law must be accountable to the people! It is a touchy subject, but the medical marijuana laws highlight the problem of an all powerful federal government that trumps the will of the people etc...

Supporting Ron is all about freedom, or at the least the hope there of.

President Bush used "signing statements" hundreds of times to vitiate the meaning of statutes passed by Congress. In effect, Bush was vetoing the bills he signs into law by asserting unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to bypass or set aside the laws he signs. For example, Bush asserted that he had the power to ignore the McCain amendment against torture, to ignore the law that requires a warrant to spy on Americans, to ignore the prohibition against indefinite detention without charges or trial, and to ignore the Geneva Conventions to which the US is signatory.

The New Deal resulted in Congress delegating its legislative powers to the executive branch. Today when Congress passes a statute it is little more than an authorization for an executive agency to make the law by writing the regulations that implement it.

Prior to the New Deal, legislation was tightly written to minimize any executive branch interpretation. Only in this way can law be accountable to the people. If the executive branch that enforces the law also writes the law, "all legislative powers" are no longer vested in elected representatives in Congress. The Constitution is violated, and the separation of powers is breached.

It does not really matter under what pretext this all took place. What matter is that it elevated our president above the law, and although unlikely this is how every dictatorship in history has come to pass. Worst of all we are open to more of the same from any future president! If you can trump one right you can trump them all!

RON PAUL IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE WHO WOULD RIGHT THESE WRONGS AND RESTORE AMERICA!

In a system of free states we may well start to see real reform. Well maybe, the states themselves may be even more corrupt, and see the people in the dirt anyhow! I know my state bows to the will of special interest! It has become impossible to distinguish between elected officials and concentrated capital in this country.

Maybe it is time to design a truly free system, and the tools to ensure it remains incorruptible! A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for liberty albeit possibly misguided.

I dont think anyone really wants to see Grandma starving in the street, or an end to the systems we have in place to prevent extreme poverty. Rather we just dont think it is the Federal Goverments place to provide these services. We have had 7 decades of Imperial Presidencies etc...

edit on 23-10-2011 by moonleaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well... no Republican has ever won the White House without wining Ohio... this is a good sign!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For the first time in my life I have registered as a republican, so I can vote for Ron in the primaries! I suggest everyone do the same!

If he loses the ticket I will write in his name! A wasted vote is better than supporting these Facists!
edit on 23-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Same with me. Never liked political parties, but I am going to do what I have to do.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Bachmann almost losing to the "write-in".. lol

Well I think she knows she won't win. From what I saw in the last debate the Republicans are just using her to make people turn against Obama, she doesn't have any plan to fix things or anything of her own, she just blasts Obama every chance she gets lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay
Though I believe Ron Paul is the most sincerest, genuine and incorruptible candidate who believes strong in his principles and follows them to a fault, I cannot see him winning the Republican nomination which is a complete shame. Guaranteed the Republican National Convention will be rigged by voters that favor another candidate like Mitt Romney. That's what I think. Republican leaders don't like Ron Paul. He's not part of the inner circle of elitist Republicans that will ensure the maintenance of the monetary and political power. In fact he is against groups controlling the free market, skewing the free market in their favor. This whole party system is just a large business ensuring maximum profit by masquerading as representatives of the people when in fact they are representatives of big money. They can't balance both, serving the interested of the people majority while serving the interests of big money minority. Following the Law of Self-Interest, they will side with those that ensure them the best life. The poor people majority will not do that, but the rich will which means we're screwed. This is why Ron Paul will not be nominated especially by the Republicans. He might have a chance if he was Democratic except he wants to take down the Fed which is a big NO-NO!

In the corrupt political and economic system that exists today, people like Ron Paul, rare and few, are not electable even though the majority of people would vote for them.

If we the people really want change, we should change the electoral system to the popular vote, put it online and get rid of politicians: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If he doesn't get the GOP nomination I'm sure he'll run as an independent. And he may have a real shot with that.. I'd like to think that enough people in this country are tired of the left/right BS, realizing that when it comes to foreign policy, monetary policy and civil liberties, there is no difference between the two anymore. But I'm sure I'll end up being terribly disappointed

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Straw polls are "beauty contests" where you go to a specific location to pay to vote. They are also a fun raising gimmick for local political parties.

Do they really predict anything? Ron Paul always does better in straw polls than real ones.

Does anyone believe that Herman Cain will do as well in Florida as he did in the Florida Straw Poll? I live in Florida and Herman Cain is the one I would vote for if the vote was today and I don't believe he will do that well, unless several others drop out before then.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That video gave me goosebumps!
Ron Paul 2012!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

I live in Florida as well. But I would never vote Herman Cain - just on principle alone.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

all you're doing is pushing your own agenda in any possible manner. its very obvious...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Go Ron!

President Ron Paul what a better way to kick in 2012!

Frater

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Its a shame Ron Paul will never win a general election. When is all this greed and cronyism going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
Its a shame Ron Paul will never win a general election. When is all this greed and cronyism going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When people stop making posts or statement like yours
Keep living in passive negativity, see how that works out for you

edit on 23-10-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

Actually Ron's chances of winning a general election against Obama is several times higher than winning the GOP nomination.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join