It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul : Wins FIRST PLACE in Ohio GOP Straw Poll ( 10/22/2011 )

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Linkage

The event requires participants to pay $25 to participate giving Ohio Republicans a chance to have their voices heard in the early stage of the presidential primary nominating process.

Those who attended got to hear messages from all campaigns and then voted for their preference. The results from the 428 participants are as follows:

Ron Paul 53.50%

Herman Cain 25.47%
Mitt Romney 8.88%
Newt Gingrich 5.37%
Rick Perry 2.80%
Jon Huntsman 2.10%
Rick Santorum .93%
Michele Bachmann .47%
Write-In .47%

Bachmann almost losing to the "write-in".. lol

This field needs to start thinning out so we can see where RP really lies. You gotta believe most of these polls in the media have been tainted somehow.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Awsome! I love an in person poll, because no one can claim it was "Flooded".

Could you provide a link to the site you quoted please? I am going to do some searching for more info, but i would like to see your source also.

Peace,
DC

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Awesome! Could you post the source to that? The MSM is naturally not talking about it or putting it on their websites yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Edited

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Keep the momentum rolling!

Also, from a comment on the link:

Vanessa Marie Liberty ·
It is a STATE-WIDE POLL not a "LOCAL" POLL! Let the Media Bias begin
!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It says they only polled 428 people, but still....53%!!

My first reaction was just....hol-ee sh1t. But the more I look at some of those numbers I can't stop laughing. 0.93%!!!!! HAHAHAHA, go get em, Santorum. Man I can't wait for some of these goofballs to drop out so they won't be able to ignore RP as much.

Hey, isn't it about time for a falseflag on Iran?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is encouraging news! YAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S&F for you OP! And he's going to be on Meet the Press tomorrow - exposure exposure exposure.

May the true son of the Republic please stand up.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

9 AM - 10 AM EST

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is good news, although it probably won't get the same reaction from the media as Cain's win in Florida. Ron Paul's money bomb has earned approximately 2.7 Million out of the 3 Million he's looking for. He's so close! I hope people keep donating to get him there all the way.

I've never ever done this before, but I actually donated some money to the campaign (never thought I'd give a politician money voluntarily) and ordered some stickers for my cars. I'm trying to stay hopeful here, but who knows what the results will be. Most of the Republican voters are too stuck on foreign aid (especially to Israel), they want to keep fighting the "jihadists" all over the world, and they don't want to give other people the freedom to do with their bodies what they want to do.

As for the Democrats,... well... most of them would rather support a Democratic candidate despite his inability to lead or tell the truth, because for them voting Republican is like two steps forward and five steps back. The way to vote is to look at the candidates and disregard the political party. Look at what they stand for, what they support, what they have done and what they are capable of doing. This continued party loyalty is a horrible thing for all of us. It's what the politicians want us to do. Time to go against the grain.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Bachmann almost losing to the "write-in".. lol

I'm a "glass is half empty" kinda guy, so I'd say:

The Write-in beat Bachmann.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No help from the campaign, all grassroots efforts.

If Cain's FL win had meaning, so does all of Ron Paul's wins, and he does have the most straw poll wins so far.

JUST TO BE FAIR.

Herman Cain won Nevada straw poll.

But RP will win the Nevada Caucus.

and on Santorum, I think he is honest and believes in what he believes in..he deserves that much credit...
edit on 23-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
or

Paul - $5,725 - 229
Cain - $2,725 - 109
Romney - $950 - 38
Gingrich - $575 - 23
Perry - $300 - 12
Huntsman - $225 - 9
Santorum - $100 - 4
Bachmann - $50 - 2
Write-In - $50 - 2

it's almost laughable.
wait.....

Dr. Paul '12
edit on 23-10-2011 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He wins straw poll in OH
raises 250k short of 3M in the blackthisout money bomb
goes in meet the press and knocks it out the park
and to top it off:

Not bad, not bad at all

But wait, all of this while not getting as much media exposure as others?
then times all the above by 10

crazy

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

An email I just sent to my skeptical dad:

Good Morning, Dad... A quick prediction real quick. Come Monday morning, I predict that news talk radio shows around the country (Especially Neal Boortz) will all be buzzing about the fact that Herman Cain won the Nevada GOP Straw Poll. What will be highly avoided is any discussion that more importantly, Ron Paul won the Ohio GOP Straw Poll, a state that:

#1- has 3 times the electoral votes,

#2- is a state poll that Ron Paul won with a 28% margin, versus Cain winning with a 2% margin,

#3- is a state poll that Ron Paul won that required people to actually pay $25 to vote.

Link #1...

Link #2...

I'm not sure if you're aware of the general censorship of Ron Paul coverage over the past 4 months, but it's gotten pretty blatant. Have a good day!

edit on 23-10-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good news for Paul.

But reading the comments of that article, one person says that there was another Ohio straw poll and Paul didn't win.

www.redstate.com... traw-poll/

Which is more significant?
edit on 23-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I didnt hear about that. I will try to look into it when I get a chance.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually, I just looked at it more closely, and the poll was conducted in July, so I guess that answers my question about which is more relevant.

EDIT: Go Paul!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Good news for Paul.

But reading the comments of that article, one person says that there was another Ohio straw poll and Paul didn't win.

www.redstate.com... traw-poll/

Which is more significant?

Interesting point, but it does say that this poll was conducted among 'Republican' voters. Is it possible that Ron Paul has support from both Republicans, Libertarians AND Democrats which were not included in this particular Straw Poll, which would explain Romney's victory in this case?

One of the comments below the article reads:

That the poll was taken at the Republican Party’s Annual fund-raiser–a $100 to $1000 per plate dinner. That there were only about 600 people in attendance–mostly office-holders and party officials. That there were noticeable “boo’s” from the audience when Mitt Romney was announced as the winner. But thanks for passing along this info from CNN and Politco. They are certainly my main sources for news.

If it's true that this poll was conducted among people who were able to afford $100-$1,000 per plate and most of them were office holders and party officials, it would explain why Romney won. These would be the sort of people who would want a candidate who was willing to roll with their punches.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

This is good news. I have never donated money to a political campaign in my entire life. I haven't voted since Nixon. However I have found myself donating money to the Ron Paul campaign. Then I donated time at the phone bank which is a two hour drive for me. Then I found myself be the precinct captain for my area. This weekend Ron Paul will be here in Des Moines Oct 29 and I will be participating for the first time in a straw poll. This to me is The monumental election. Now is the time to come to the aide of our country and I am doing all I can to help. If I can be involved at my age anyone can. Each vote matters. Each yard sign matters. Each call ,matters. Together we can create the change we were promised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join