It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aww: Sony will postpone opening of The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
To Sanndy:

eta: You wonder what you're missing?

edit on 23-10-2011 by sweetliberty because: No one hates Obama. Liers aren't worth hating.

Yes and now I find it sad that you have no clue either but still took the time to try and make an insult out of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

the blood of Africa, Old Europe, and western Asia runs through my veins. that's keeping it simple.
trust me, you are not as mixed as i am.

oreo means black on the outside and white on the inside . white people do not use it it is a term of opprobrium used by people of negro heritage in the u.s.
king is the mantle assumed when he claimed the power to have anyone arbitrarily killed with out having to give reasons.

that should offend you a lot more, IMHO.

trash is trash, be it him or prince shrub, king shrub, "robber" baron prick and all their ilk.

since i was a child i have known that racism is for idiots, and i do not honor one group of ancestors over another,
as a temple divided against itself cannot stand.

king oreo cannot make such a claim.

also my right to speak my mind freely is not conditional to whether it offends or not.

edit to add
PS take it as a gentle correction,hence comedy vid, and not as a personal attack.

and now lets hope our posts are not deleted

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: our not are LOL

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: same as above

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: damn, what a messy post

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
republicans are mad because they haven't thought of it first. and the only movies hollywood makes about them are fahrenheit 9/11 and inside job.

they shouldn't complain. they had 8 years to kill osama. obama comes into office and 9 months later they found him, started planning his capture and eventual execution.

What a crock.
The truth is, the killing of OBL practically fell on his lap and was not the result of any Obama agenda to capture and kill known terrorists.
If anything, if Obama had had his way, many known dead terrorists would still be alive, including Saddam.
For one, everyone knows Obama truly despises the military, the same military that killed (insert asterisk here) Osama.
Secondly, everyone know Obama truly hates the big corporations, yet it was Lockheed Martin's drones that aided in the killing of Osama.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The GOP: "Democrats killing brown people?! Bull(pucky)! That's our job!"

I think the real reason conservatives hate Obama is because he makes for a much better republican president than any of their current presidential candidates. If you ignore the whole health care debacle, Obama has pretty much done the exact same thing with his first term in office as Bush would have done given a third term. Y u so mad neo-cons?

edit on 23-10-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Seriously, man? It's a film about the death of a man who's responsible for many many many deaths worldwide. You may disagree with the way he went out of this world (I actually do wish we brought him to justice instead of BOOM HEADSHOT), but you know what? If Bush was President, Republicans in Congress would not say a word about this issue.

no, it's a actually more a film about a man who's responsible for many many many deaths worldwide.
he lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I like how this thread has turned into a straight Obama bashing fiasco. As if winning wars is something to bash. I was under the impression that military leadership is one of the defining characteristics of a president. Maybe people would give him credit if he was a republican?

More than that, they claim he doesn't deserve credit for killing OBL. Fair enough, i give him credit- that doesn't mean you are forced to. However, dont be hypocritical about it and blame things on him that he had way less control of. Like the economy. Or job growth

Funny thing is, i cant really figure out why people hate him. He has tried to compromise with the reps, the economy has been getting better, he has won a war in a 1/10 of the time (and 1/10000 of the money)as the other, job growth is rising, terrorist are dead, people are liberated and this all some how makes him a bad president. I dont think so.

Sure, he has fallen short on some of his goals. So has everyone else. Everyone will continue to fail at some point or another. Holding that against them though is unfair.

One last point. Maybe if we had wanted him to accomplish his campaign promises, we shouldn't have fought him every step of the way.

I am voting for Obama in 2012. You can bash me all you want about it, but i am.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He means "United 93" and "WTC". I think it's called propaganda

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Really? What do they look like? (terrorist)

Sometime bearded, sometimes not. Olive colored skin. Guns in hands. Screaming various mantras. Actually, they are pretty stereotypical.

Really? Because before 9/11 terrorist were white Americans who blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City. Or did we all forget about those terrorists and their attacks on Americans?

I'm from Oklahoma so I remember those terrorist very well.

Also, during the US hunt for OBL and his group, the US has killed more civilians over there then they have killed over here in the US. So what's the definition of terrorist?

And before someone gets the wrong idea, I love this country (USA), I served and almost every member of my family has served. I've lost family who have been deployed overseas since the war on 9/11 started.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Lostmymarbles because: afterthought

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

You posted...

I do not understand the problem. I do not like the idea for every movie that comes out but I do not start threads on all of them just to cry about it. What am I missing?

I questioned your last sentence because the op clearly presents what you seem to be missing (or dismissing) as unimportant and rather a waste of time and thought. As if those who are posting on here are giving their attention and thoughts to make-believe concerns.

The consequences could be of utmost importance, but not limited to...
1.) the possible sharing of "inside" information (safety concerns)
2.) the timing of the initial release date (influence/persuasion during Presidential elections)

The concern is so great that people feel the need to take action
1.) a law might be proposed from this
2.)

Coincidentally or not, Sony has moved the release date for the film:

One might even agree that this subject raises such concerns that both sides of the political isle feel it worthy to address.

...had even Maureen Dowd questioning the motives of the filmmakers — and of the White House, which was apparently cooperating with the filmmakers and providing inside information.

Your sentence is so transparent, it's blinding.

I do not like the idea for every movie that comes out but I do not start threads on all of them just to cry about it.

edit on 24-10-2011 by sweetliberty because: finish sentence

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

So Neo, I wouldn't happen upon statements by yourself around the time of the murder with you being rather jubilant and attacking those who criticized the murder would I?

I have to back up Neo here. He never celebrated the killing of OBL.

To the contrary...he wishes OBL was still alive...though his motivation isn't exactly humanitarian in nature

post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
i hope osama pops back up on radar near election time

after all this hype that would be the event that leads to obamas 1 term

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

No matter how you try to slice it and serve it, that "white terrorist" you are referring to was actually a product of the Clinton/Reno Waco fiasco.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

No matter how you try to slice it and serve it, that "white terrorist" you are referring to was actually a product of the Clinton/Reno Waco fiasco.

I know this, I was just pointing out how people are trying to label only middle eastern individuals as the only terrorists in the world that have attacked the US. How sad that people "forget" about these other terrorists in order to justify their hate towards those of different ethic backgrounds.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure it is my motive is clear to show the current potus for the fraud he is.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by neo96

www.imdb.com...

That movie was released in 2008, not in 2004.

And most of it was fiction anyway.

Bin Laden killing is a science fiction scenario written at the Pentagon, nothing else.

They should be forced to release it the day after the election, not before, otherwise it's total propaganda.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

They should be forced to release it the day after the election, not before, otherwise it's total propaganda.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yes...We should ban any film that potentially casts the President in a positive light, even if it is only in a supporting role or cameo appearance!!

Quite an about face from the conservative opinion and supreme court ruling that deemed the corporate sponsored "Hillary: The Movie" ...and by extension all corporate money..."free speech" in Citizens United vs. the FEC.

Do the Conservatives now want McCain-Fiengold, which they tore down, reinstated?

Cuz I am all for it. Then you would have to explain how a movie about the USA vs. Bin Laden is really about President Obama.

Well actually you don't even want to have that discussion? Right? Just BAN it..."I can't hear you" Nothing good has happened while Pres. Obama was in office!!

Ban it? Just because he plays a supporting role? That is some serious fear, not to mention denial.

Scary how quick the right can turn to banning things...just about as quick as they can scream "free speech" when the Koch Brothers write a check

edit on 24-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join