It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the signals from our brain activity eminate and travel as electronic ripples through space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Think about this for a moment, when someone uses their brain it generates an electrical signal which is emitted and can be recived by a device. Since energy cannot be destroyed in theory our very thoughts may eminate as ripples through the whole universe.

The signal is probably very weak and to pick it up would require being in tune with the very universe that we live in. But a highly evolved alien race, over billions of years would probably be so in tune with the universe that they would notice every single ripple throughout the universe.

So in fact the very thoughts you make each day can eminate out into space and beyond. All it takes is for some highly evolved alien species to follow that signal created by your brain and litterally follow it down to your location

So be careful what you think! As it leaves a record thoughout all time like a universal library of species thoughts and decisions

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
well then they probably picked up on voyager years ago

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Advanced species like......

God ?

I agree.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Electrical activity in the brain (as well as throughout the entire nervous system) is a result of ion flow between neurons. This ion flow generates voltages much too small to affect anything beyond the neurons involved. We only detect electron potential within the brain (for instance, with an EEG) by detecting what you might call "waves" through the repulsive ions in the head, which eventually reaches the skin. They don't go beyond that, and even those signals are minuscule.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think along the same lines as you in regards to the energy waves produced via brain and I have to say....Anything is possible. Today we may discover something as "truth" and the next day, year, or even next decade may be found to be false.

Within the Universe there are many possibilities. We know not a lot when it comes to the brain or the Universe so who is to say the waves do not travel.

Its interesting to think about. I have always wondered if our thoughts and words create and manifest in another realm.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I think you may be mistaken. Our brains can be used to many purposes, here is one example of what they are discovering..
computer.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

If you read, and understand, what that article is saying, I think you'll find it confirms what I said. If you think it doesn't, if you don't mind, could you tell me how?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I disagree there, we can litterly gather the thoughts of people now and create an image from it using machines. Our tech is only 100 years old. We dont know what the fabric of space is, from the atom comes huge amounts of energy, when we walk for example we create ripples in the air as molecules collide, this is no diffrent for electrical signals, its how we pick up radio waves. We dont even know what sub space is yet but we know it exists, so if sub space exists, are there sub-sub space particles? in fact there may well be an infinite number of sub space parti les getting ever smaller. We litterally have no idea.

What makes up a quark? We have no idea, just because we cant see stuff doesnt mean it doesnt exist, lol. We can send things faster than the speed of light using quantum entanglement, chamge one particle here and another on the other side of the galaxy can change at exactly the same time. We have no idea what joins these sub particles but we know it exists.

edit on 22-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typos

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We can interpret what is being "seen" within the brain by analyzing electrical activity and by studying and forming an understanding of what that activity means. This is done by direct detection of that activity. We're not detecting people's brain waves from any distance away, we're detecting electric potentials in their head. Those electric potentials are not transferred through the air - for that to happen, the air would have to be ionized, which it's not.

And, if you're going to start invoking sub-spaces and the like, there's no point in continuing with this conversation. In fact, there was no reason for you to start this thread at all, as you obviously have no intention of sticking to established science - approaching a topic in this way means anything is possible, so there's really nothing to discuss. You could just as easily have posed this question to a pre-school class.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Probably limited to Dreamspace me thinks. But who knows.....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Ahh, but thats the key isnt it, for us to measure something from the skull to the electrical signal deep inside the brain there has to be a connection between the probes and the neuron. The neuron fires, a signal is generated and picked up by the probe. But I am not talking about particles, I am talking about energy itself. When a neuron fires energy is released, this energy cannot be destroyed it lasts forever.

As a species many humans are so arrogant in the fact that they believe they know everything, this is where the human race has a serious flaw. I gurarentee in say 200 years we will know more than we do now, but hold on, if we know everything already how can we progress as a species? The only way to progress therefore is to evolve. But this then causes another paradox, if we know everything already how can we possibly evolve into something else? Infact, if we know everything now it would be impossible to evolve any further as a species, then this totally destroys darwinism (not that I agree with him in all accounts anyways).

If we can evolve then indeed the human race must be the pinnacle of evolution in the universe, which I believe is total rubbish

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The air can be ionized though, can it not?

Simply put, the atom or molecule is changed from a lower positive potential to a higher positive potential. Interestingly enough, the process of ionization, which creates plasma, also occurs through the loss of electrons. By this comparison, we can view the ionization process as "burning a path" through the air for the lightning to follow, much like digging a tunnel through a mountain for a train to follow. After the ionization process, the path between the cloud and the earth begins to form. Learn about step leaders, or paths of ionized air, next.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Haha, also what do you mean established science, our understanding of science changes everyday! Was it not Albert who stated immagination is key to scientific discovery?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Didn't Science teach us that change is constant? Did they also teach us there are many possibilities within the Universe.

Humans can be so arrogant...you are soooo right and we see this daily on ATS.

I do like the other poster (not picking at all)....he seems to be pretty smart and spot on with so many things and with that said none of us can be so bold as to think we know a fraction of what is possible. Our imagination and that which inspires us can indeed have a profound effect in regards to discovery.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Of course...we're our own protectors, the more we "think" the better protected we become.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by CLPrime

Ahh, but thats the key isnt it, for us to measure something from the skull to the electrical signal deep inside the brain there has to be a connection between the probes and the neuron. The neuron fires, a signal is generated and picked up by the probe. But I am not talking about particles, I am talking about energy itself. When a neuron fires energy is released, this energy cannot be destroyed it lasts forever.

That's a rather uninformed opinion. The "energy" created is electric potential. It travels to the skull as an ion wave. The ion flow in the neurons cause a change in electric potential within the brain, which causes some nearby ions to repel. This displacement then causes ions near those to repel, which then causes ions further out to repel, and so forth, all the way out to the skull, where this wave can be detected by electrodes or other such sensors on the skin. This ion wave doesn't leave the skull, because there are no more ions to carry the wave further.

We don't detect electric potential directly... we detect it by its affect on ions in the head, and those affects don't leave the head.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It can be. But, in order to propagate the brain "waves" of the global population, the entire atmosphere would have to be ionized. Even to propagate just the "waves" "emitted" by a single person, there would have to be a continuous volume of air completely ionized to carry the potential.

And, it doesn't matter anyway, because, as soon as the wave reached the limits of the atmosphere, there would be nothing left to propagate it. Those waves have no chance of leaving the planet, even with a completely ionized atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
electrical signals from the brain

en.wikipedia.org...

and for the 'its to weak to do anything significant' part, combine all of the psy phenomena into one case file, and go over what tesla, leedskalnin, heck searl even he knows part of the mystery.

I believe I can explain with einstins old formula without going into vast detail using quantum effects even. e=mc^2, and e = the electromagnetic spectrum, and mass confined is gravity.

theres your unified theory, everyones just to ignorant to see the real briliance behind it, and limit -everything- at every possible turn.

I should probably repost this in the 'science is dying' thread aswell but you either get it already or think im nuts, so each to his own.

ed: resonant frequency matching deals with, to an extent, signal coupling. for more info find out why tunguska wasn't a comet.
edit on 22/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And, it doesn't matter anyway, because, as soon as the wave reached the limits of the atmosphere, there would be nothing left to propagate it. Those waves have no chance of leaving the planet, even with a completely ionized atmosphere.
reply to post by CLPrime

I see where you are coming from, however one can't always rely on the latest theories. A theory in my opinion does not make it fact.

You can't be so sure that it cannot leave the Earth's upper atmosphere. We are talking about unlimited possibilities and the keyword is unlimited, meaning no limits. There is always a "chance" - you are wrong because there can be truth found with any possibility and or theory. All I am saying is be open to change and possibilities.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

theres your unified theory, everyones just to ignorant to see the real briliance behind it, and limit -everything- at every possible turn.
reply to post by whatsinaname

Ignorant? Ahhhhh....... how about naive? Ignorant is a word that just sounds so mean and naive is not only more correct in this context but possibly nicer too.

With that said, can you elaborate on your unified theory? Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join