It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Native American settlers of North America? [VIDEO]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

New Guinea is just north of Australia and many many miles from Africa and yet the Island is full of folk from Africa and they have been there long before contact with white explorers 16th century. Thier presents on the Island proves that they had contact with some "lost" sea fairing power that brought them there or they sailed there themselves.

New Guinea Tribes

One of these tribes bear a resemblance to the native Australians who are most likely from Africa themselves in some remote past.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

New Guinea is just north of Australia and many many miles from Africa and yet the Island is full of folk from Africa and they have been there long before contact with white explorers 16th century. Thier presents on the Island proves that they had contact with some "lost" sea fairing power that brought them there or they sailed there themselves.

New Guinea Tribes

One of these tribes bear a resemblance to the native Australians who are most likely from Africa themselves in some remote past.

It would appear that they walked there a long long time ago, between 40-60k perhaps even earlier........yes they are from Africa - as is everybody. When New Guinea was part of Sahul they and the aborginies arrived, later arrivals from SW Asia colonized the off shore islands which they never got to.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

They didnt walk anywhere. And they did get to some of the other islands in the south pacific, Guadalcanal ect. On one of these islands they actually have a ship made from stones to commemorate the ship that brought them their. As the ship rotted they replaced the wood with stone. Its very old.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

They didnt walk anywhere. And they did get to some of the other islands in the south pacific, Guadalcanal ect. On one of these islands they actually have a ship made from stones to commemorate the ship that brought them their. As the ship rotted they replaced the wood with stone. Its very old.

Really, er so how did they get to NG? Ah so you are talking about the Melansians then and not exclusively the people on NG who are Melansians. Then yes they moved along the islands.

So your claim is that the people who colonized NG came by boat and mixed with the Denisovan population there instead of the present theory that they walked from African, interbred with the Denisovans somewhere in Asia/ SW Asia and then moved on to NG?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Some of these tribes dont look inbreed at all.

This is about sea travel. Its not like some of the best and some say the best natural water navigators live in the pacific or anything. These guys can move over hundreds of miles of open water and land on a small dot of land without instruments of any sort. Just using stars, seasons and currents.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This is about sea travel. Its not like some of the best and some say the best natural water navigators live in the pacific or anything. These guys can move over hundreds of miles of open water and land on a small dot of land without instruments of any sort. Just using stars, seasons and currents.

Was my previous description of your claim correct?

Some of these tribes dont look inbreed at all.

???? you may wish to look up who the Denisovan were

The Polynesian are a different group than the Melansians who are settled on NG. They have shown only limited navigational skills. The Polynesians came from Asia and many thousands of years after NG was peopled.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Going against the grain doesn't add to the weight of or importance of the evidence

Is this really all you have to say about that statement?? Sure these 2 brilliant individuals were shot down for trying to prove something that against the mainstream understanding but I could think of a few people that do this.

Their contributions maybe be overlooked or placed under the misnomer "afrocentric", but that does not and can NOT ever take anything away from the discoveries they have presented to the world.

Oh did they have ocean going ships with crews capable of such voyages? Evidence please

It's this kind of thinking that scares me. Are we going to dismiss historical records??? What is the point of recording anything if we are going to allow arrogance to interfere with logic???
I imagine a couple thousand years from now, people will read about the US and just dismiss it and ask for this mysterious thing you speak of called evidence. The evidence stands, go look it up my friend.

Hans: Actually three and a fragment of another. However I understand your point BUT unevidenced claims based on speculation are noted for being rather weak...

Really, this his how alot of the obscure elements of the universe have been explain. It has been these unevidenced claims, the big bang, evolution, the force we refer to as gravity, I mean once upon a time people proved the earth was flat because of what we see and it was very hard for those individuals to accept new data. Do you remember how the public reacted??

Do you mean the Taino? I'll wait until we clear that up the Maori are the dudes in New Zealand

Nope. I mean the Mori, or the Maori of indiginous Jamaica and Cuba.

'Maybe' speculative evidence doesn't count.

No one has to speculate, the fingerprints and footprints are left all throughout the world.

This is funny, when we are trying to defend an old obsolete idea we will stretch and make radical claims.

between 40-60k perhaps even earlier........yes they are from Africa - as is everybody.

of course, your absolutely correct, we all are. But are you really telling me that Homo Sapien Sapien, the same being as everyone here on ATS, been around 40-60k and didn't think of building ships. This is absurd. It just shows how much knowledge you have about the root of mankind. You have no idea what was accomplished in Africa, and maybe its better that way.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Howdy

Is this really all you have to say about that statement?? Sure these 2 brilliant individuals were shot down for trying to prove something that against the mainstream understanding but I could think of a few people that do this.

Hans: Brilliant yes, right on all things, definitely not. I would remind you that Thor Heyerdahl had the same problem; great ideas but wrong on almost all of them....and I rather liked him

Their contributions maybe be overlooked or placed under the misnomer "afrocentric", but that does not and can NOT ever take anything away from the discoveries they have presented to the world.

Hans: er what did they discover? I’m sure they made some scholar ‘first finds’ but none come to mind – I’m sure you’re going to show us these but their main points were shown to be un-evidenced and some considered them to be showing the reverse of the bias shown by the 19th century European scientists. (IMO)

It's this kind of thinking that scares me.

Hans: Its called the ‘scientific method’, lol. Documentation is great but just because something is written down doesn't make it relevant, real or important.

Are we going to dismiss historical records???

Hans: Which ones?

What is the point of recording anything if we are going to allow arrogance to interfere with logic???

Hans: Yes I would wonder that myself

I imagine a couple thousand years from now, people will read about the US and just dismiss it and ask for this mysterious thing you speak of called evidence. The evidence stands, go look it up my friend.

Hans: Nope it up to you to present this evidence, there are hundreds of thousands of page of text regard these types of claims, which ones are you referring to? – remember this afro-centric evidence was looked at extensively by many experts and rejected. Here is the question, why do you think it is valid?

Really, this his how alot of the obscure elements of the universe have been explain. It has been these unevidenced claims, the big bang, evolution, the force we refer to as gravity, I mean once upon a time people proved the earth was flat because of what we see and it was very hard for those individuals to accept new data. Do you remember how the public reacted??

Hans: Ah no, no one proved the Earth was flat, people proved it was round against commonly accepted belief

Nope. I mean the Mori, or the Maori of indiginous Jamaica and Cuba.

Hans: Can you provide a link to them please

No one has to speculate, the fingerprints and footprints are left all throughout the world. This is funny, when we are trying to defend an old obsolete idea we will stretch and make radical claims.

Hans: By definition most Afro-centric ideas presented by those two are obsolete, but not all – you need to narrow down your claim to a more specific focus – why not pick the three you think are most interesting?

of course, your absolutely correct, we all are. But are you really telling me that Homo Sapien Sapien, the same being as everyone here on ATS, been around 40-60k and didn't think of building ships.

Hans: Depends on your definition of ship? To get to Australia some sort a vessels was needed and at several other points in the world people got to places that require a vessel of some sort. The problem is expanding that to an oceanic capability from a coastal one or from one shore to another. That people got to Australia before 60k is established how they got there is not clear except they probably came over in the area of the Torres Straits

This is absurd. It just shows how much knowledge you have about the root of mankind. You have no idea what was accomplished in Africa, and maybe its better that way.

Hans: Actually I do but am always open to new insights and ideas, you seem somewhat unwilling to explain what you are on about thou, lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Howdy AKINOFTHEFIRSTSTARS

When you start your Afro-centric thread you can start by answering the questions in the post above.
edit on 1/11/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join