It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Native American settlers of North America? [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
[If your attention span is short, just scroll down to the Kennewick Man video and watch that]

I came across a couple videos on Youtube that challenge the belief that Native Americans were the first to inhabit North America when they crossed the land bridge between Siberia and Alaska between 70000 - 11000 years ago.

The Ohio Decalogue Stone

The Ohio Decalogue stone has an abridged version of the 10 commandments chiseled onto it in a style of hebrew script called "Monumental Hebrew" which has been found on artifacts from ancient Israel dating back around 2000 years ago.

Why was a stone with the 10 commandments written on it in an obscure Hebrew script found inside ancient Native American burial mounds?

Since its discovery in 1860 there was opposition who claimed that the stone was a fake created by the man who discovered it, David Wyrick. There are arguments for and against it being a hoax, though it should be noted that Wyrick's re-creation of the stone and text for the distribution of information had inaccuracies in text and artistic style that would make it highly unlikely that he created the original stone.

I am not fully convinced that the Ohio Decalogue Stone is a legitimate artifact, however another stone artifact discovered in Native American burial mounds in Batcreek, Tennessee in 1889 lends much more credibility to the possibility of it being real.

The Batcreek Stone

The Batcreek stone was discovered by the Smithsonian Institution's Bureau of American Ethnology via Excavator John W. Emmert. At the time of its discovery the script was thought to be Cherokee because of the land it was found on. It was archived in the Smithsonian and sat for 100 years until a researcher realized that the stone was viewed and catalogued upside down. When the stone was viewed in the proper orientation the text was found to very closely resemble Paleo-Hebrew which was used in Israel around 100 AD.

(It's possible that the reason the text on the stone isn't an exact match to the Paleo-Hebrew that was used in Israel is due to the physical distance between the stones location and Israel, the people who created it could have had variance in writing style comparable to accents and dialects in spoken form)

The Batcreek Stone's home is at the National Museum of Natural History, but it wasn't put on display. This is most likely due to the controversial nature of it, and the possibility of it being a forgery. However the stone was found with 9 human skeletons (being underneath the skull of one of them). Also found with the stone and skeletons were 2 bracelets, one copper, and one polished wood. The wood was carbon dated and revealed to to be from 32-769 AD.

The translation of the stone's text is "For Judea"

Kennewick man

Kennewick Man is a skeleton that was found in Kennewick, Washington in 1996. It was carbon dated and found to be over 9,000 years old. The most unusual thing about the skeleton is its European features. 4 days after its carbon date was revealed the U.S. government confiscated it.

Facial Reconstruction of Kennewick Man:

How could the U.S. government be allowed to confiscate Native American remains? Well..

"In February 2004, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that a cultural link between any of the Native American tribes and the Kennewick Man was not genetically justified, allowing scientific study of the remains to continue." - Wikipedia

(I personally think Europeans and people from Israel/Palestine/Middle East have similar facial features.. compared to big difference with Africans and Asians..etc. therefore Kennewick man could possibly have been Middle Eastern.)

I know some of this information is already on some other threads, but I still think this combined information deserves its own thread. I also am not saying this is my belief so please don't attack me, I'm just presenting information I found interesting. I hope you can watch the videos and read the full post before replying.

Sources:

Ohio Decalogue and Batcreek Stones
Kennewick Man
Kennewickman Wikipedia

edit on 10/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Be careful.

Many are claiming they were here first. China claims that Native Americans are of the same people.

And Joseph Smith claims Jesus Christ came to America after the Resurrection and he's a white man with blond hair and blue eyes and that the Native Americans used to be Jews who became cursed with dark skin and that Mormons are now the real Jews or Hebrews.

A lot of this stuff is gateway racist propaganda.

edit on 22-10-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It's not about who has a greater claim to the land. That point is moot. The significance lies in trying to get an accurate view of history. There are many things we don't know about the past which we may never know because of how long human history stretches back and the inability back then to document information in the ways we can now. This is just about exploring anomalies in the history we know.

I actually wasn't aware of the bible's story of the lost tribes of Israel or the Mormon belief that Native Americans were Israelites until I did this research. This was just interesting information I wanted to share. Focusing on who deserves or owns what land is a human flaw of arrogance.

Edit: If the discovery of a 9,000 year old European skeleton in Washington state, and the subsequent swift confiscation of it by the U.S. government is borderline-racist then you are being too politically correct.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

That's fine and I don't want to stop you from searching or getting an accurate account of history. I just want you to be careful because there are many out there who have their own agendas. So, if your journey takes you to a mystical land of blond haired blue eyed aliens who claim to be a superior race, then you know someone has been stringing you along to get you to that point.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
S/f.fascinating,I've never heard of these artifacts before.More riddles and mystery from antiquity that we today still have no answers for.great find.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Drezden

I just want you to be careful because there are many out there who have their own agendas. So, if your journey takes you to a mystical land of blond haired blue eyed aliens who claim to be a superior race, then you know someone has been stringing you along to get you to that point.

I understand, and your concern is valid. However, if some Hebrews did inhabit North America in Ancient Times they would have been dark skinned with dark hair, so we aren't in danger of that here. hah

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

American archaeologists Robert C. Mainfort, Jr., and Mary L. Kwas have recently argued in American Antiquity (2004) that the inscription was copied from an illustration in an 1870 Masonic reference book, and is therefore clearly a nineteenth century forgery that must have been introduced by the Smithsonian field assistant who found it. The entry in question, an 1860s artist's impression of how the Biblical phrase QDSh LYHWH, or "Holy to Yahweh," would have looked in Paleo-Hebrew letters, is reproduced below:

www.econ.ohio-state.edu...
edit on 10/22/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Well, you'll be surprised. They have already managed to convince folks that Egyptians are part of the Caucasoid race because there's no way "darkies" could build the pyramids.

It's really sad actually. The quest to find historical relevance.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Very interesting, will read it carefully when back from work. Meanwhile, check this one :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Kennewick Man

In July 2005, a team of scientists from around the United States convened in Seattle for ten days to study the remains, making many detailed measurements and determining the cause of death.

Anthropologist Joseph Powell of the University of New Mexico was also allowed to examine the remains... Powell said that dental analysis showed the skull had a "94 percent" chance of being a "Sundadont" group like the "Ainu" and "Polynesians" and only a "48 percent" chance of being a "Sinodont" group like that of "north Asia".[8] Powell said analysis of the skull showed it to be "unlike American Indians and Europeans".[8] Powell concluded that Kennewick man "is clearly not a Caucasoid" unless "Ainu" and "Polynesians" are considered "Caucasoid".[9]

In a publication about Kennewick Man, anthropologist Glynn Custred of California State University East Bay said "expert on Asian populations" "physical anthropologist" C. Loring Brace of University of Michigan" believed "people related to the Jomon" came before the "modern Indian" and that "two varieties of American Indian" arose from the former being "absorbed" by the latter with the "Plains Indian" resembling the older group

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nps.gov... (link to the image because the gif doesn't show up legible on a dark background)

The canonical variates analysis places Kennewick closer to southern Asians, and nearly equidistant to modern Native Americans and Polynesians (Figure 4). The discriminant analysis based on the 45 best variables is highest for South Japan (pposterior = 0.9007), followed by Moriori (pposterior = 0.0765), and Ainu

www.nps.gov...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To state that it has European features is misleading. The scientific analysis says otherwise.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
That Kennewick Man bust looks like Capt. Jon Luc Piccard from Star Trek the Next Generation! Maybe he time traveled into the distant past and died then.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Kennewick Man was most likely Clovis people (Clovis culture)
en.wikipedia.org...

Clovis points are almost identical to Solutrean points from Europe and nothing like points from asia.
plus no clovis points have been found on the land route from asia through alaska.
en.wikipedia.org...

then you have the Spirit Cave Mummy, Wizards Beach Man, Gordon Creek Woman, Penon Woman, Buhl Woman all dated back to Clovis culture,
www.andaman.org...
cabrillo.edu...
www.friendsofpast.org...
www.mindserpent.com...
www.friendsofpast.org...

Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act has all but stopped any research on the clovis culture by stopping research on Clovis skeletal remains.

None of these Clovis remains look to be native American and look european.

I understand there is a new set of Nevada remains that are only listed as early european held in Nevada with no carbon 14 dating done till all other research is done. material around the skeletal remains was dated to 10,050 BP. By not dating the remains themselves they don't have to report them yet they are just a unidentified skeleton

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
didnt the danes also goto america and arent their maps from before the time of even them? didnt even the south american cultures say they received their knowledge from olmecs which are black people. the concept that native americans were settlers of a later date than missing civilizations could also be misplaced in the guise of the entropy of human birth and changes that occur when multicultural communities coexist. all this conjecture needs a foundation and the further you go back in the past to study what your truth is in the present the more shaky the foundation of that truth becomes.

to be honest and safe and respectful of the gifts that god has bestowed "native" americans nobody but they can claim they are "native american" in the modern sense. what i am trying to type is hard to say but ill try. if god gave a certain people a skill ability or talent that distinguishes them from one of their peers who also have been blessed in their own way and over time you come to know a certain group based on the talents god has blessed them with; in the modern sense of who a person is socially will not be determined by their own profession but by the observance outwardly of those blessings god has bestowed on that particular group. so even though there may have been danes or olmecs or some of the tribes of israel the composition of what is a modern native american is not necessarily predicate on associating a particular subgroup of man that has been blessed with another via name association by way of territory nomenclature.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Great thread!
Have you ever heard about Vinca culture? I think this alphabet on bat creek stone is very similar to their style of writing.
Here is a link to vinca culture & and their writing system

www.omniglot.com...

www.philipcoppens.com...

edit on 22/10/11 by Metaphysic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

If you ask native americans where they originated from,they will tell you that they DID'NT come over the land bridge.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Since its discovery in 1860 there was opposition who claimed that the stone was a fake created by the man who discovered it, David Wyrick.

Anytime an oopart comes to light that even remotely challenges the status quo(Unless they themselves introduce it), it's always the same old tired story. It's a hoax! It's a fake! It can't be! Yada, yada, yada.

This should tell everybody something. The scientific community is just as concerned (if not more so) about the politics of a find as they are the academics. Making most archaeological finds and peer-reviewed papers suspect, and consensus based.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Check out the show "holy grail in america". It speculates about a rune stone found by a farmer in Minnesota that predates Columbus. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzacoatl
reply to post by Drezden

If you ask native americans where they originated from,they will tell you that they DID'NT come over the land bridge.

Well they would be wrong. Humans evolved out of Africa, All of these people who claim to own this land or that, are technically immigrants Their ancestors traveled there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

sorry but it's known that the mormons like to fake these things in order to "prove" to their sheep the "truth" of their "scriptures"

also consider that the ten commandments are 3500 yrs old

if it had been the noachite laws perhaps

the genetics of the 1st nations all show siberian ancestry with differing overlays

example the apache's have chinese and polynesian overlays over a siberian substrate,
[perhaps slayer69 is feeling better now and will confirm or clarify]

also consider that Caucasians are latecomers the so called white people of antiquities were not caucasians, if you read older , pre- PC history books you'll see references to the brunet peoples or race they lived in southern europe, north africa [ex. egypt, crete] southern eurasia and japan, they were the creators of the silk road and able seamen as well. i can't find references to them in more recent history books.

commonality's include worship of the White Goddess [Isis, Amaterasu], the ruling classes are extremely pale while the people grow progressively darker as you go down the economic ladder due to daily exposure to the sun as evidenced by their art.

caucasians, the newest kids on the block, 1st arrived from asia [ the caucasus mountains] into europe between the invasion of the Axe- people and the Keltic invasions.

since then there has been a gradual increase in re-written history in order let us all know how wonderful caucasians are and all the wonderful things they stole credit for COUGH, COUGH- i mean invented.

hard to believe that albinos with a tendency to grow up violent and nasty that were expelled from northern india and thereabouts long ago could come so far

there is also the increasing evidence that that the old and new worlds were in greater contact in the distant past than is generally believed, so K-man may have been a seafaring merchant who just happened to die and be buried. one body is hardly evidence of an established culture

so be careful, OP, keep digging deeper.

edit on 22-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

The DNA and facial structure does not support that he had a European background. Why are you holding a baseless opinion on this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join