It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your survivalist role model?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Sorry but I have to agree, Burt Gummar hands down!

"I am completely out of ammo!..... Thats never happen to me before." - Burt Gummar

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

What do you mean former member daddybare??? He was one of my faves! He's gone?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
John Colter. The man's a legend.

An avid mountainman, hunter, explorer, trapper. He took part in the Lewis and Clark expedition. He was known to spend months alone surviving out in the wilderness.

In 1809 he was captured by Blackfeet Indians, stripped of his gear and clothing, and was shot but managed to escape. Naked, wounded and pursued by Indians, he still managed to evade them for 11 days until he could reach the safety of a trading fort.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Being a Brit my first choice must be David Stirling the guy who founded and led the SAS, but if the choice has to be an American it must be Mel Tappan.
NR

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Mark ‘Karate Man’ Turner (of the book Lights Out by David Crawford), not because he had the biggest and best guns, not because he had all the training in the world or even a fully prepped retreat prior to things going sideways. He is my survivalist role model because he was an average guy who rose to the occasion when it was needed, he became a leader that people needed not because he wanted to but because he had humility and used his head when others didn't and generally did the right thing when others would have opted to only take care of their own. Even though he was a fictional character if I could even be half of that kind of a man in bad times I would be happy with myself.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That crazy old coot from the movie Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford... the one that taught him how to survive in the wilderness.

I think his name was Bear Claw ?

"You're the same dumb pilgrim I been hearin' for 20 days, and smellin' for three."

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Bear Grylls.....he once ate a dead gizelle he found that had been rotting for days....THAT is hard core!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ayla, From Clan of the Cave Bear.. She was awesome movie wasn't even close to the book. The whole series was great. Bit sexual in spots but easy to move past. Few other book compare.

Therian

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Fictional would have to be either:

Hunter, the biker hero in the film Battletruck!

Self-sufficient man of few words biker.
Run's his bike off methene fuel and even had a solar paneled-up BOL!
No machine gun mounted fancy-machines for him. But enough arms to take on maurading bully's like the boys with the Battletruck.
Or
Max Rockatanski's another cool role model

Real word one's are several, Hugh Glass, Albert Johnson, Bear Grylls etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My friend Tom.

He lives place to place w/o any home besides his tent (and his girlfriend). He is a whitewater guide and she is a mountain climbing instructor. They follow the seasons and their whims.
Just the last year they have been to Honduras, West Virginia USA, New Zealand, Thailand, Washington State USA, Costa Rica, And two days ago my apartment

Tips, tips, life experiences, and more tips.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join