It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Ok in 1st pic we have 1/2 cup

2nd pic we have 1/2 a cup?

edit on 21-10-2011 by proob4 because: My camera's date is not actual.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Apparently this object takes up no volume?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have been all over ATS looking for a geologist or whatever that could tell me what I have.
Sorry for interfering with your thread. If you can tell me where to go to check out about a ton of weird black crusted "rocks" I would leave you alone. I have had these for almost 20 years and have sent chips to many "experts". I have about 20 different ideas on what the experts think it is but... no real answers. Every one is different. One says slag, one says they sold some like it for platinum, Colorado school of mines says high silver content, meteorite man says it cannot be meteor because it is not magnetic.
Weird thing is we have given chips to many people, friends and business people. We never hear from them again. Ar they enjoying the fruits of the chips or just write us up as idiots or have aliens taken them to get their rocks back?
Does anyone here have interest in this stupid rock and willing to tell us what it is that we have. Maybe it is nothing and only useful to line a fire pit but I want to know before I throw them at the barking neighborhood dogs.
By the way, your rock is beautiful compared to mine. Mine is just black until broken open then is shiny silver but in a few months turns black again.
I can send pics and maybe a piece of the rock if you can tell me what it may be and not disappear!!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

This is not a Black rock. And it has appeal in a odd way. You can easily look at it under a glass for hours and see new things the next time you look at it. Like i said I am looking for answers myself. TBH it really seems like a gift in a odd way.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Actualy the volume would be 1/8 of a cup or one ounce,
in your pic it goes from 1/2 cup, which is 4/8 empty to 5/8 with the object.

So your object weights roughly 1 ounce. simple huh

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wish I had the rock, I could get it identified. My wife works with a woman whose dad was a geologist at Indiana University in Terre Haute. He has looked at and identified several for me. Meteorites are his hobby and he's pretty good at it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Could you have him contac me? I am more than willing to provide contac info through PM's.

To be honest just because I recall it to have fallen off my roof that it does'nt mean it came from space. Could have came from the ground and shot up for all all I know about geoligical phenominoms?
edit on 21-10-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

it looks like Rainbow Volcanic Rock.. i have seen things Very-much like it..

as an EX Detroit-er.. i say Hello!!

also look here..

hope this helps

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Are there any Gem or Crystal shops in your area. Many people who work with Crystals know the stones very well. It is very pretty and I would display it. It is a gift to you because nothing happens without reason. This discovery may bring some prosperity in your life.

Peace to you

To me it looks like Hematite. But how did it get in your drive?

edit on 22-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Interesting,at first glance it looks to me like a superheated fragment of either aluminium or duralumin,the porosity that is evident in picture 2 is reminiscent of an alloy being cooled in an uncontrolled fashion i.e like in a aircraft crash where the alloy is burned and subject to the cooling effects of the environment.I have several pieces that look similar to this taken from an Avro Vulcan crash site.Interesting that it should have struck your roof,unless someone had thrown it there?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some plaster of paris with air bubbles with tin foil wrapped around it?
if the hit yoi roof from space it would have gone straight through would it not. I do believe that the terminal velocity of a human falling through the air is around 400 mph, the velocity of that would probably be in the region of 1000 mph, depending on the wieght of the rock its impact would be massive. I know that a meteorite hit a car a few years back and totally trashed it, it went through the bonnet (hood) and mangled the engine block. Youre telling me that bounced of your roof tiles, lol?

Hmm, sorry but I am very skeptical about that. Unless it slowed down in mid air to around 20mph it would put a large hole in the roof and probably through the first floor also.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

to be blunt - geological analysis is extremely difficult to do over the internet

the best advice i can give you is :

contact a proffessional or hobbyist geologist , or failing that a chemist

places to find one ? as you dont give much indication of your age / location

local colllege geology , geography or chemistry dept

a mine or quarry

your or your childrens highschool [ geography or chemistry teacher ]

a local geology or fossil collectors club - ask at libray about local societsies

also - any local observatories , or even astronomy clubs - will either have an expert or beable to cantact one

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12

By the way, your rock is beautiful compared to mine. Mine is just black until broken open then is shiny silver but in a few months turns black again.
I can send pics and maybe a piece of the rock if you can tell me what it may be and not disappear!!!!!

Did you ever check the Radioactivity from "that Stone"?

Something made click when i read it
but sadly nothing else, but "i think" i remember sawing something like this
in correlation with Radioactivity!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

It could be a molten fragment of an electrical line fuse contact at the power line transformer. Look up where you found it. When one of these contact fuses blow, it will scatter molten metal in about a 20 foot radius spread.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From here

3) Is the specimen metallic, shiny, and silver? Meteorites are rarely bright and metallic on the outside, although they can be on the inside. Specimens that are bright and metallic on the outside, and have been found in the ground in Kentucky, may be man-made metallic silica slag. If the specimen is shiny on the outside it is not a meteorite.

I assume it doesnt only apply to Kentucky

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I thought the same thing, possibly it might have hit ground and bounced off roof?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I am thinking it might be slag. Maybe what I heard bounce on the roof was unrelated after all?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Whatever it is, I find it to be extremely beautiful. I hope you can get some answers because I know I would also want to know exactly where it came from.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
will it stick to a magnet, is it electrically conductive?

Could be a lump of silicon rich material

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

No this is not attracted to a magnet and is not magnetic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join