It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury calls a secret meeting of the .01%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm sure that this latest information regarding the dollar is going to put a real damper on their agenda at this regular quarterly meeting:

Dollar falls below 76 yen, biggest daily fall since Aug.

www.reuters.com...

Considering their last quarterly meeting was in August and they were not concerned with the rollover risk, I'm guessing this is going to be a hot topic for discussion at this next not so secret meeting where the notes should not be as redacted as everyone is speculating.
(Please see my previous post detailing the minutes from their last quarterly meeting in August -- which also wasn't conducted in secret.)

Even though the meeting and its agenda is not secret, I'm still hoping that it gets the attention it deserves from the protesters.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If I was banking with a major bank like Bank of AMerica or goldman sacs, citibank, wells fargo, I would be at the bank before the president makes a news alert announcement. Im serious, it is a matter of time and the banks will fall. Bank of AMerica is on Obamas butt for another stimulus come one folks get your moeny out. My family has been drawing our money into cash and metals for over a year, we emptied our savings got our 401 out 8 years early with penalties, but i figure 2/3rds is better then none. If our market crashes, the workign world still works it is those upper10% class who wil lbe affected, the rain still falls the farmers still farm we find a way to trade and barter life continues, except without the corrption eatign us commoners to death. peace
edit on 21-10-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just hope the protesters aren't going to be yelling about this being a secret meeting. They'll make us all look ridiculous.
This meeting was announced in August as stated in the minutes I posted and linked to.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Noooo, it's from 1984, brother!!

2nd?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
They will probably be discussing two things:

1. the major conflict of interest reports that are increasing in in public exposure when it comes to the Fed, the treasury, and how they handled the bailouts.

2. The EU sovereign debt crisis that stands to bring down the banking institutions.

This is what happens when you don't let capitalism work. You get a bunch of zombie institutions that constantly have to feed on any prosperity left in the economy in order to keep functioning.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by InformationAccount

Heh.. that's a scene from Brazil, isn't it?

It's a scene from 1984, but there are similarities with Brazil.

edit on 21-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

DC's got a sizable contingent active currently so post to their Facebook or website!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

here's an idea: millions march on the capitol building in dc and every state. that would get the ball rolling. ASAP!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Good or bad they'll eat it up regardless. I say +300. If they wanna be generous they'll give up +500. Oddly enough though factoring in the #OWS movements wouldn't you think they'd bring the market up , it's been literately flat and beginning to stale out. Once it's staled over begins the freefall. We're struggling to stabilize out of the 11,000's and when was the last time we saw 12.500?

This meaning ain't gonna result in jack squat and everyone in the know knows full well this!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
This thread is a lot of smoke with no fire.
The meeting discussed is NOT a secret meeting. It is a normal quarterly meeting and nowhere in the link does it specify that the 0.01% have been called to attend. If I'm wrong or I've missed something, please point out where the rich and powerful have been asked to or are planning on attending.

I still think that the protesters should descend upon this location and remain for the duration of the meeting, but it's not right to make something out of nothing to stir up hype and illicit an emotional response.

Because it says you can't go right here. SO I guess you are part of the 99%. You can't give frank and full advise. Its ok. I didn't get my invite nether.

The public interest requires that such meetings be closed to the public because the Treasury Department requires frank and full advice from representatives of the financial community prior to making its final decisions on major financing operations.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I'm just pointing out that their meetings are NEVER open to the public as stated in the Op's link. It also says that this is done to ensure that the meeting is not interrupted so they can discuss everything on their agenda.

This thread's title is misleading and blatantly false. The meeting was NOT JUST called. It's just one of their normal quarterly meetings. Saying that this meeting is secret is a lie. Saying that it was just scheduled is a lie. Saying that the 0.01% are going to be there is a blatant lie.

This thread is propaganda and I can't believe that people are still giving it flags.

I asked the Op to show where it is stated that the 0.01% are going to be there, but he/she hasn't offered any evidence and has chosen to ignore my questions. I've provided concrete proof as to when this meeting was scheduled and why it's closed to the public. I've also provided the previous meeting's notes showing that none of it is redacted.

This thread should be retitled or closed because it's blowing up nothing into something. They have been having these meetings regularly every quarter at this location for quite some time now. There's nothing to be shocked or up in arms about.

The only thing new here is that the protesters now have somewhere else to protest that they weren't aware of previously, which is fine and well. I just want everyone to stop thinking that something is being done under our noses because it's not. These meetings have been going on for some time and the meeting on Nov. 1st shouldn't be considered "secret" or sinister. The minutes will be released on Nov. 2nd just as they're always released the day after the meeting. People just need to relax and stop seeing zebras when they hear hooves approaching. Sometimes, the sounds actually are from horses.

We just need to be careful about what we're communicating and what we're choosing to believe.
If we're allowed to tell tall tales and spread lies, we're no better than the people we're protesting against.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What then, Treasury calls for a closed meeting of the .01%. Would that make you feel better? The text of the document did seem to me from the opening to sound a lot like they were closed to the public and off camera at least.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

The meetings are ALWAYS closed to the public.
They meet every quarter, which is every three months.
It's explained right there in the document you linked to that states that it's closed to the public so the meeting can progress without interruptions.
Nowhere in the document does it state that the 0.01% are going to be there!!!
It's the same old tired people who are at EVERY quarterly meeting in this exact location.
The meeting on November 1st is nothing special.
Please review the meeting minutes from August 2nd I posted and linked to. The November 1st meeting is mentioned in those notes. There are no surprises here and the meeting was NOT just arranged a few days ago as your thread appears to suggest.
'
Now, I'll ask again -- please, show me where it is stated that the 0.01% are invited and/or preparing to show up for this meeting.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

By definition of who is in attendance they all among the .01% that is obvious if you understand this is the top of the securities financial fields meeting there. This is the mega-bankers and their support businesses.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Where does it say this? Where are the names of the bankers listed? I failed to see the name Rockefeller anywhere in the linked documents I've read. Is Warren Buffet going to be there?

For the last time, please show me where it states that the 0.01% are going to be there.
As far as I can see, only officials and regulators attend.

If you're claiming that the 0.01% are going to be there, you need to provide proof.
Your beliefs and assumptions don't hold water without anything to back them up.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

i sure would not know what the meeting (hidden in plain sight) would address...

the Treasury already dances to the Federal Reserves tune... the committees in the Treasury already know of the Operation Twist where long term bonds/treasuries are the next to get axed in the interest rate department...

i believe the goal is to have 10-20-30 year bonds returning less than 2% interest like the present 1-2-5-7 year bonds are now... for the purpose of delaying the Treasury insolvency into some future date when the peasants are not so riled up.
USA bankruptcy will indeed come about quickly when interest rates return to the 5% range instead of the unsupportable 0%-.25% the FED currently uses to delay sovereign Bankruptcy or Insolvency

"the games afoot" as Sherlock Holmes was oft heard to say

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I guess from your statement that you are confused over my meaning of the .01%. Let me include my assumptions on that number. I am assuming that top bankers and securities strategists will be in attendance. Federal Reserve Bank of New York members Brian Sack and Joshua Frost for instance. These are really rich guys surely they are among the top 30K + people that make up the .01% of the United States.

The number .01% sounds pretty exclusive but it is really about 30K + people from the United States alone. I hope this clarifies it for you. When you said that the meetings will be reported that is only half right perhaps. I read the minutes of the May 2011 meeting and what you might notice is that none of the statements of anyone except the treasury department members there were given in the minutes. It is a very incomplete version of that event in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I appreciate you clarifying as to whom you believe will be there.
I hope the protesters do show up to demonstrate any and all outrage associated with the state of America.
I also hope they bring a video camera so we can have the chance to identify the people coming in and out of the meeting when it begins, adjourns for luch, reconvenes, and adjourns until the next quarter meeing.
Nobody entering or attending this meeting should be shrouded with anonymity.
If they're there and speaking, it should be in the minutes. It would be intersting to see how far the Freedom of Information Act would go if we were concerned with what was stated off record. Then again, these are statements that not even a Freedom of Information Act could root out.
I hate how much power they have. The only thing we can do is let them know we are watching and aware.
They will slip up. In the meantime, we need to be as professional as possible and not jumping to conclusions without positive proof.
Again, I'd like to reiterate that the protesters do indeed stalk this hotel with video cameras and catch concrete, undeniable images of any and all attendees.

Best wishes to you, Op.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join