It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(real Manchurian candidate?) Derren Brown hypnotising to kill Tonight 9pm bst

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I do not usually watch a lot of tv but have always enjoyed watching Derren Brown and am impressed with what he can do to manipulate others.
Tonight he will attempt to hypnotise someone to assassinate a celebrity. Now obviously they are not really going to kill someone but it will prove what most of us already know, that it can be done.
The person will not know that they are not really kiling someone and will do as Derren programs them to do.This is really interesting and I want to see if he reference's MK Ultra and Monarch programs, doubtful but you never know. Here is a trailer

It is on at 9 pm BST on Channel 4 in the UK.
LINK
If you are not in the UK you can try 4OD not sure if works outside f UK or you can watch in a few weeks on youtube.

He did some thing similar called the Heist where he gets normal people to rob an armoured car . Here is that video

Hope you are all able to watch, if not when it it available I will post video from youtube
Regards
edit on 21-10-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Thanks for posting, I didn't know this was on as I don't watch tv very much anymore.

I have enjoyed watching Derren Brown in the past, quite a few years ago his shows were responsible for me developing a more critical attitude to certain phenomena. After all, he very clearly states he is not a psychic but appears to do what many psychics do.

Of course he also states that trickery is used in his programmes. How far this trickery goes is always debated in my household. One side of the argument is that he isn't able to influence people in the way it appears on his show but merely uses he uses plants/ actors etc. I would like to think he doesn't do this and he is indeed some kind of master manipulator.

The subject matter of the programme should be very interesting although I'm sure you'll still have some people thinking that Derren Brown is still a kind of trickster anyway. I know people that think hypnosis isn't possible because they have never been hypnotised themselves. It should be entertaining whatever the truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

While I can't watch the show here where I am, I do find his shows on YouTube or other streaming sites.

He's definately a interesting character.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
brown is a trickster. nothing more nothing less. there is always messages in the credits about its just entertainment. most people in these programmes are part of the act.

the only hypnotising is of the viewer.

don't be tricked into thinking any of this is genuine.

"I am often dishonest in my techniques ... I happily admit to cheating, it's all part of the game. I hope some of the fun for the viewer comes from not knowing what's real and what isn't" - Derren Brown, Tricks of the Mind p341

its entertainment , thats all.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You're getting China mixed up with Manchester

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Regardless of the integrity of the man ,he is a hypnotist and can make suggestions to people. I do not believe all that I see and hear and do require evidence.
If this program helps shed some light on possible manchurian candidates without ridiculing them while entertaining me then I see no problem.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

see, the problem you have here is that you believe what you watching.

its all just pretend. its not real.

actors.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
maybe he's telling you to dismiss it so you have already been tricked and will thusly be more easily manipulable

reverse phychology, and if I know anything about this guy thats where his expertise lie.

ed: weather or not this is later proved to be fake or what, im glad that hypnosis is back at the discussion table, i'd also like to point out if you do watch the show, don't get hypnotised when he's programing the assassin, that would be epic fail.
edit on 21/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He's done hundreds (?) of shows. Atleast 1 person would've come forward by now.
He has real skills and you could tell if you weren't so ignorant.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKindChap

oh dear , i do feel sorry for you.

he admits himself that its all an illusion. yet you still believe he has real skills. oh dear.

you probably believed he did predict the lotto numbers.

edit on 21-10-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by AKindChap

he admits himself that its all an illusion. yet you still believe he has real skills. oh dear.

That lotto number trick, was great yet so simple, i felt like a right idiot afterwards. But he is a skilled manupulator, and one does tend to not look for the obvious answer.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So are you saying hypnosis and subtle suggestion are not over time able to control your mood, emotions and your actions ,because I beg to differ. Although I am sure a lot of the shows are illusion eg lotto numbers.
There is a lot of useful information contained within, an example of such would be his demonstration of cold reading, showing how anyone can do it and exposing the fraudsters.

The same as you should not believe all that you see and hear, you should also not disbelieve all that you see and hear.
There are some truths and others not you just need to ascertain which is which.

Anyway are you going to watch the show ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown

So are you saying hypnosis and subtle suggestion are not over time able to control your mood, emotions and your actions ,

not if you are aware.

they are using much better techniques than subtle suggestion now. cinema is a great example of easily they can manipulate with sound and light.

i do tend to avoid programmes like this now because you will learn nothing from it.i have seen many of his other shows and have grown tired of his material. he will throw in plenty of BS to try and capture a certain audience that think they are so smart and think they could learn something from this.

1. expect a lot of ads.
2. expect something to go wrong. it generally does and helps to add to the drama.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

That lotto number trick, was great yet so simple, i felt like a right idiot afterwards. But he is a skilled manupulator, and one does tend to not look for the obvious answer.

When did he reveal how he did it? I have only seen people guessing at the method so far.

They say you cant hypnotize someone to kill if they are not a killer but i think its possible to get around this. Most of us wouldnt kill someone at a drop of a hat but there are certain circumstances where we would. Maybe to protect a loved one or children or even ourselves. All you have to do is create an illusion of threat through hypnosis to get someone to act out of character and become a killer.

edit on 21-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There's a difference between saying some of what you do is a trick, and some is not.
There's also a difference between believing some of what he does is a trick, and some is not.

Derren Brown - The Assassin Intro

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
the show is in progress, and so far im impressed. I hope people are ready to debunk evidence from thermal cameras...else we may have to admit there is something to this, finally =)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
caught some of it. poor. a polygraph? seriously. anyway sure lots of people enjoyed it.

just seen derren brown is banksy. huh. never knew that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

You're missing the point when he says it's all illusion and trickey. It is. But by that he means he isn't using anything like real "magic" or some secret powers or anything like that. He openly admits that what he does is mainly based on common human behavioural patterns and the predictability of the human response to given situations.

And he's very, very good at understanding what people typically do. On he show when he went to America and pretended to be an evangelist who could convert people to religion merely by touching them, or that he had been abducted by aliens and could predict peoples illnesses - the POINT of all of that was to prove that people simply do NOT ask questions when they should.

He said that if anyone asked him, at any point, if what he was doing was a trick - he would admit it and says says, "I'm a fraud and have no super powers". And no one questioned him.

I'm seen him live and "out of character" at a work do in London and he's actually a really cool guy and pretty clued in. He is observant, alert and intelligent - which is more than I can say for about 85% of society.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if its fake but it works its not fake, i'm suprised murphys law didn't come into play either. nothing went wrong, and thats why I can't rule this out as another well played trick like the seance one he did.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Why are you so against Derren? Everything he does you just pass off as fake? Problems?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join