It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't the Global Occupy Movement missing something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Considering all the upheaval and bloodshed that Mexico is experiencing, why aren't we seeing any uprising in this country? Is it happening, but we're not hearing about it?
I researched 'Protests in Mexico', but all I could find were articles from last March and April about people protesting the drug cartels, which is fine and dandy. But, why aren't they joining the Occupy movement?

I was thinking earlier about the 1% and those who are at the very tippy top of this minute population, then it dawned on me.

Who is the richest man in the world and where does he live?
Carlos Slim and he resides in Mexico.

Let's take a look at Mr. Slim:

The Top 10 Billionaires in the World

No. 1 Carlos Slim Helú & family

Net Worth: $74 billion ↑
Source: Telecom
Citizenship: Mexico
The world's richest person for a second year in a row, the Mexican telecom mogul is also the year's biggest gainer, having added $20.5 billion to his fortune and widened the gap between him and No. 2, Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates, to $18 billion. A 19% rise in the Mexican stock market, a stronger peso, and successful mining and real estate spinoffs from conglomerate Grupo Carso all contributed to the astonishing increase. He also merged his fixed-line telecom company into America Movil, Latin America's largest wireless carrier; the Slim family stake in that holding accounts for 62% of his net worth. He has other holdings in retailer Saks and the New York Times. Recently unveiled a new building for his Soumaya Museum, which houses his vast art collection. It is open to the public for free.

finance.yahoo.com...

Reuters recently published an article about him and painted him in an interesting light.
www.reuters.com...
(I encourage everyone to read the entire article since the sections below are sporadic sections I felt were important.)

His far-flung business empire includes some of Mexico's best-known department stores, its biggest telecoms operator, hotels, restaurants, oil drilling, building firms and Inbursa bank (GFINBURO.MX) -- making it hard to go a day in Mexico without paying him some money.

While critics accuse him of using a monopoly to build his fortune, Slim has a simple philosophy about making money.

"Wealth is like an orchard," he told Reuters in 2007. "With the orchard, what you have to do is make it grow, reinvest to make it bigger, or diversify into other areas."

Slim's enormous wealth stands starkly against his frugal lifestyle. He has lived in the same house for about 40 years and drives an aging Mercedes Benz, although it is armored and trailed by bodyguards. He eschews private jets, yachts and other luxuries popular among Mexico's elite.

Slim has handed over the day-to-day operation of his companies to his three sons and loyal business partners but remains clearly in charge when appearing with them at media events.

He has become involved in combating poverty, illiteracy and poor healthcare in Latin America and promotes sports projects for the poor, but has never voiced plans to give chunks of his wealth to charity like Gates or fellow billionaire Warren Buffett.

Businessmen, he says, do more good by creating jobs and wealth through investment, "not by being Santa Claus."

This latest little tid bit even quotes Slim as saying that he is considering a career in acting after seeing "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark", which was plagued by injuries and mishaps.
nymag.com...
I do find it interesting though that a New York magazine would consider adding this comment to their list of publications. Could it be because he practically owns the NY Times that he may have requested this be put into print?

I also recommend reading this opinion piece from 2007 when it was announced that Slim was richer than Bill Gates. The author's sarcasm and irony will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
www.vdare.com...
But I'll tempt you with a snippet:

But you would be wrong. The truth is that the American press tends to find Mexico an awkward combination of comic and depressing. Stir in political correctness about Mexican immigrants ("Will reporting on Mexico play into the hands of those evil immigration restrictionists?"), plus the modern media personality's tendency to both admire and fear the ultra-rich (with good reason in this case: the Hank family sued the tiny Mexican-American muckraking magazine El Andar for $10 million for covering them), and it's best just to drop the whole subject.

In this tongue-in-cheek article, it appears that Slim and former President Clinton are close and enjoy a good laugh when they're together:
sickonasunday.wordpress.com...
(If a 1%er hand feeds a deer, does this mean he isn't all bad?)
Yet, the author of the article offered this speculation:

[For the record, the only reason he's surpassed Bill Gates as the World's Richest Man, is that Gates has basically donated half his enormous fortune to African orphans or some #. Pfft, loser.]

The author may not be too far from speaking the truth though since we already read that Slim doesn't believe in hand outs or acting like Santa Claus.

Well, now that we have some background on who he is and how he came into billions, let's ask the real questions.

Has Carlos Slim attended any Bilderberg meetings?
It appears that he doesn't.
But, he holds his own annual meetings, which is interesting.

The world’s richest man, Carlos Slim, a Mexican telecoms tycoon, hosts an annual gathering of Latin American billionaires who cultivate each other while ostensibly discussing regional poverty.

publicintelligence.net...
Similar article here: www.economist.com...
I checked out the two previous years' Bilderberg lists and his name wasn't present. Whether his attendance is under lock and key is a whole 'nother topic. But, considering he has his own annual meetings with latin elite and, seemingly, snubs the Bilderberg attendees, are we seeing a war between the wealthy?

Carlos Slim is no dummy and is well aware of what is happening on a global scale:

And he's hedging silver mines:

What exactly are we seeing here? Is it just me who thinks that things aren't adding up?
Mexico is falling apart, it's citizens have been fleeing into the US, drug cartels are leaving decapitated bodies on playgrounds, and the richest man in the world can't do anything more to clean up the country he's living in?

Is there a greater, more sinister plan in the works? Something we're not seeing yet?
I'm leaning towards -- YES!
It would only make sense that Mexico would also be uprising against the 1% and the banksters as well, so why aren't they? Is there something that they're more afraid of? What could be more frightening than not being able to find a job and watch your family starve? It must be something unimaginable.
Cont.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As a note: Occupy mexico -> www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was gonna say it was missing morning workout routines from richard simmons but your post was alot more in depth.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
(THIS POST IS THE SECOND PART OF THE THREAD)

I had written a thread a while back about a video I'd seen where a girl in Mexico was found in the center of a public square screaming about horrible things and also mentioned the name Carlos Slim.

I believe that he's one of the most evil men in the world and this is why we never hear about him even though he has his tentacles on American soil and hobnobbing with powerful American leaders.

Unfortunately, the video I wanted to post here is no longer on YouTube, but I'm going to continue looking.

Please check out this webpage for a brief overview of the video's content as well as a translation of the girl's words.
bigscreendeception.blogspot.com...
Below is the best translation i can find......the girl is genuinely upset. shes also pretty enough to get to be somewhere to see something she shouldn't. I wish I could understand what she was saying.

Gabriela Rico Jimenez, twenty-one years, lashed out at staff at a luxury hotel in Monterrey, and accuses the Queen of England to practice cannibalism.

It also denounces the murder of a scream that Murillo (seems to be a leader Antinarco who died in a plane crash in Mexico City where she landed five minutes missing).

The girl, who seemed in shock, shouting that she want her freedom and insists on asserting that they ate humans, referring repeatedly to the Queen Elizabeth II of England, among others.

Although the news has been called a crazy and distorted information, it behaves as if it had witnessed something difficult to digest, and hence its status nervous and deeply upset.

One of the things she says is that "everything started in 2001, the one that knows the truth of what really happened is Carlos Slim" (he is the the worlds 3rd richest man, and the guy that owns Telmex, a phone company and other stuff).

(Beginning of translation)
"I was knocking on doors, what I wanted was my freedom."

"Look at me, you ****er (I think)" "Is this how you wanted to see me? Well, look at me! I'm here!" 2:38

"I want you to give me the maximum sentence, so Scotland, and Russia, so all the countries __, Murillo wouldn't be ashamed of her sons, because they're worth so much, cause they need their father, you're a __, and its gonna hurt your soul!" 3:19

"Leave me alone! Get away from me! You took me to the police station, didn't you? and then you took me to the hospital. YOU! you were there, weren't you?!" 3:34
Quote: "That's why they killed the Queen of Scotland, the Queen of England!" (then she mentions something about the princesses of Disneyland)

"They killed a lot of people! They ate humans!" 4:13

"That's disgusting! I didn't know anything about this!" 4:21

"I mean, I didn't know what was there, but THEY ATE HUMANS! They smell like human flesh!" (I think she's talking about whoever ate human flesh or something...)

"No, where are you taking me?! I'm not going anywhere until everything gets clarified!" 4:36

"You were the ones that kept me there! You were there to retrieve a copy so you - 4:43

Oh, and she was talking about Mouriño, who was a member of the government, but he died in a crash plane under mysterious circumstances, right after being criticized by another party and various people.

Gabriela Rico Jimenez: "They had eaten human Curious ...

Here is the thread regarding this video and its content: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What are we seeing here?
Why haven't we seen our neighbor participating in demonstrations against the one percent when they have the richest man in the world residing in their country?
Sure, he claims he isn't Santa Claus, but he may just be the boogieman.

Thoughts?
edit on 20-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Or Occupy Uganda, or Cambodia. Where is Occupy Trinidad & Tobago.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Thanks for adding that. I'm not on Facebook and was just going on what I'd heard from recent news reports. I'm still disappointed that no results came up when I searched "protests in Mexico".

The Occupy Mexico FB page still doesn't explain why the MSM is ignoring this country's protests while they discuss Rome, Greece, Ireland, and everywhere else.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

The whole point of this thread is that the RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD LIVES IN MEXICO.
The tip top of the 1% and this country is getting ignored.

Maybe it's because Carlos Slim and former President Clinton are tight?

I can't be the only one whose alarms are going off, am I?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

The whole point of this thread is that the RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD LIVES IN MEXICO.
The tip top of the 1% and this country is getting ignored.

Maybe it's because Carlos Slim and former President Clinton are tight?

I can't be the only one whose alarms are going off, am I?

I'm sorry. I just really wanted to say Trinidad & Tobago. I concede that is an interesting tidbit.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's OK.

I just want to communicate that there's something evil afoot.
I know this is a long drawn out post, but I hope that everyone will read it all (including the second half) and take in that this may be the major connection to what may be brewing.

Are we seeing a war between the elites happening?
Is the MSM purposefully ignoring Mexico's protests against the elites and the banks?
Are we seeing the real reason for the War on Drugs? Is it meant to hide more nefarious practices? Is this the same reason why our borders are not tight?
Is there a massive human trafficking organization going on that is being disguised as drug trafficking?

Those who are familiar with MK Ultra will understand why Slim wanted to be quoted after seeing the theater show as well as his comment about Santa Claus. Join in these comments with the girl's ramblings about Mickey Mouse and the Queen of England and we may just be looking at a huge mind control syndicate being run between the US and Mexico.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that since Slim owns a major communications outlet, he may also be spying on things that are being said over the phones. Knowing that he's tight with our powerful leaders and the fact that the Patriot Act allows wire tapping, we may also be looking at a huge spying operation, too. I'm sure it would be nothing for our elite to get with the latin elite and decide that phones need to be tapped and conversations monitored.

I'm certainly beginning to see several horrible reasons why our borders are not tight.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You can see a ton of reasons if you start taking money out of your world-power equations. Money is a tool, like a shovel. A shovel doesn't make plants grow, but it can help you grow a better plant. In this case; plants of evil sowed with spades of fiat bills.

I can't imagine that him being the richest man on earth means that he is any more powerful than he is allowed to be. You might say he has that much money because he is supposed to have that much money, and Mexico is ripe with criminals and neighborhood warfare because it is supposed to be that way.

I guess I've just become so jaded about the placement of power and what it will do to world leaders that I can believe anything and expect everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The 100 Richest in the world are not even mentioned as there is not one Rothschilds, Rockerfeller, Disney, Onassis, Liu, Bundy, Astor, Vanderbilt, Royalty, Collins, Kennedy, Van Dun, DuPont, Freeman, Reynolds, Morgan family member anywhere on that list.

These are your multi billionaires and trillionaires! This is the core group of The SCUM!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Really? Proof?

Anyways.. what is the global OWS movement missing?

How about a "Goal"?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Proof, these people bankrolled The United Nations, The European Union, owners of most central banks.

When nations need money who do you think they go to?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Rockpuck

Proof, these people bankrolled The United Nations, The European Union, owners of most central banks.

When nations need money who do you think they go to?

When you go to get a loan chances are you never speak to the CEO of the lending institution. I don't think we know the names of anybody with true global power. When you have designs as grand as these folks having your life scrutinized by the public is just leaving to much to chance.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

top topics

join