It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Hate Satanists?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its not a blatant lie, did the nazerene say not to forget the old laws and prophets? "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)
"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10)
“...the scripture cannot be broken.” -jesus (John 10:35)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Nice how you quote scripture out of context. I'll edit this once I get to computer.

Mark 7:10 - The Pharisees used God as an excuse to avoid helping their families. They thought money was more important in treasury than to help their needy parents although God's law says honor fathers and mothers.

You quoted that to try and say Jesus was saying that, in which he did not.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

But it is apart of the scriptures; that cannot be broken. But, then on saying that the thought of literally being broken doesn't come to mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
reply to post by Akragon

Its not a blatant lie, did the nazerene say not to forget the old laws and prophets? "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)
"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10)
“...the scripture cannot be broken.” -jesus (John 10:35)

Yes he did say that, but you're forgetting one important fact...

What you posted was never a law to begin with... Mans law perhaps... Not Gods law

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have to say something, and i just realize my errors now.
This is to everyone ive bashed with out of context bible quotes, and for trying to debate something i dont all understand.
I go on about how Xians are this, and that. Then i go on about why are my beliefs not much liked, and how i dont get why people cant except others choices. Quite literally ive been a hypocrite, and i apologize. To everyone who ive done this too.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

My friend the bible is a touchy subject... many make mistakes in interpretations...

But do not worry, there are those that are here for clarification of such matters...

It takes a strong soul to admit they were wrong my friend... That in itself shows wisdom.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Akragon because: Sexism

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

You still haven't answered my questions.
Please go back to my last post.

Thank you btw for apologizing about misquoting biblical text, and/or using it out of context. That's a rather respectable thing to do.
Using a mythology's textual basis for existence against itself is typically never all that constructive other than to underline the ignorance of either yourself, or the person your debating with on the subject. Even if you 'win', it only proves that you've stumped a follower of that mythology.
It's not all that constructive or intelligent.
Go outside that box, and ask, as I keep asking you, why that particular mythology when all these others have a longer historical precedence and line of tradition, if not similar ideologies?

I'm still curious why you feel the need to be a Satanist over any other group as questioned in my previous post.
Is it just more convenient for you? Is it cooler and sexier in congruence with the lifestyle you lead (also convenience)?
There are a number of other mythologies with far longer historical and verifiable traditions as mentioned.
Then also, there's just chucking it all and making your own rules.

edit on 21-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Why? They think Satanists as the antagonists of their religion, their religion depicts Satan and Demons as scary, evil beings that "sin", thus making the connection of that to Satanism.
Their bible also calls me a "fool that doeth no good", yet it is clear most bible-thumpers tend to be very, very irrational and violent.
It is ignorance, just complete ignorance.

I respect your religion more than any other religion (well, I respect it entirely), I've never seen a Satanist causing wars, holding signs in the streets and yelling at people, harassing homosexuals, or killing children by refusing them medicine (it is the new craze view medicine as evil, their god wants everyone to die).
edit on 21-10-2011 by Neverseenit because: grammar

I may be an atheist but I'm tolerant of people believing a deity exists, even though I, personally, identify no evidence of a god existing and, therefore, don't believe. Essentially, my intolerance of religion expands to religions that encourage harming people.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Neverseenit because: added opinion on theism

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I was in the wrong, it is because of a good person that i realized, that if i continued keeping that mentality i would of just made a fool of myself.

I feel a pull towards it, if i can put it that way, it was drawing me to it, like i was standing on a crossroad confused about which way to choose.
I dont believe in following a religion to seem cool or rebel. Its hard to explain, for me i think its more of the spirituality side of it, the forbidden connections, the occult; furthering myself in knowledge and trying to find the fruit of the ages.

When i had an Atheist's point of view i always thought to myself that barriers are there to be broken down, or rules are made to be broken. That lead me to alot of trouble in my life; experimenting with Dak, trying to be rebel against the one who brought me up, e.c.t.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

What I'm hearing you say is that you can't trust yourself to make your own wise decisions because you'll get into trouble if you do.
Then, suddenly, you found spirituality in Satanism?

I'm an Atheist, and I'm not telling you to break rules just because they're there, and were meant to be broken. Every Atheist is pretty much an island their own, each having their own ideas about how things work and should be done. I. for one, would disagree with the one that told you to break rules.
Rules are good things to have, but, I think it's idiocy to just follow rules because they are there, or are given to you by some group. Make your own rules, and be mindful and courteous about not offending anyone else's rules, even if you don't like them, or accept them as being valid. There are, of course exceptions.
There's a certain amount of self responsibility and accountability that comes with making your own rules.

Sure you could make your own rule and say that it's entirely okay to run around wherever you want naked and have sex with everyone, but, you'll soon realize that other people have rules too, and they have police.

If you need something fascinating, full of history, with lots of mystery and strangeness, I highly recommend you explore Hinduism.
The Hindu culture accepts the KamaSutra for one. Sure, Satanism and paganism has their kinky sexual acceptance sides, but, nothing the likes of the KamaSutra.
Hinduism has crafty monkey Hannumon, The Lord of Wisdom and remover of Obstacles elephant headed Ganesh, Shiva the Destroyer, and many many more.
In the Vedic texts the gods fly around in UFOs, shoot lasers at each other and destroy cities with atomic bombs.
All this written thousands of years ago.
Hinduism will give you structure, mystery, wonder, openness and adaptability to accepting new things, traditions that go back 8000 years, knowledge, and an entire crazy menagerie of characters to pick from, patronize, worship, or whatever it is you want. You can be crazy serious in joining the priesthood, or a casual Hindu however you like, and whatever your comfort level is.
I highly recommend you explore this option as an alternative.
Thems cool people.
If you become one, I doubt people will be as spooky about you as they are when you tell them you're a Satanist.

This, coming from an Atheist.

edit on 21-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by NZkraw

I don't hate Satanists. In fact, the Judeo-Christian religions teach that hate is wrong, and that loving and praying for all, including your enemies, is the way to go.

It's great that you have conviction of your belief, maybe the Light will turn your heart one day.

As far as being law abiding and a good citizen, I would stand arm and arm with any good citizen, of ANY religion, that is standing on the side of righteousness.

However, I wouldn't attend your church, nor pray to Satan with you. (I would pray to God with you, though.)

Assuming that you're a constitutional loving American, that happens to be a Satanist, how do view our rights that have been given to us by God? Our inalienable rights come from God. Do you believe that there could be an even better country than the USA, if only Satan would bestow rights to his stewards of liberty?

i bet you love bruce springteen............to be honest you two both believe in the bible.

the bible tells me soooo

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hello, i am new to this site but i really do admire how you are able to be yourself and understand others perspective other than your own. Although i have one concern: why have you insulted other religions? I did find your writing very insightful, as i am a satanist myself, but the way you described others is something i do not agree with. Even though it is your choice of how you judge people, even if there are facts and statistics about it, that we are not the only ones who are hated. I hope you understand me about this, and have a great day.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ANONYMOUSPOLARGAL

What do you do as a "satanist"?

Like.. How do you define yourself as such?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NZkraw

The strange thing about Jesus.. and Christianity is all the subsets of it. A lot of people claim how Pagan it is without understanding the obvious. The obvious being that Jesus is a corner stone in every religion. He has one, in Babylonian Talmud, portrayed as a false messiah, he is seen as savior prophet to the Muslims, God to the Christians, and the Enemy to the Satanists.. yet, you have the complexity to say "oh, he's a pagan." shows a real lack of under standing or knowledge in historical proof it's the other way around. Many mocked stories of Christ and none add up. Like Julius Ceaser being Jesus or some diety that didn't exsist. Old Testament spoke of Jesus for well around 1000 years, so of course virgin birth is incorporated in other stories. Of course the others took in Judaic prophesies and made stuff from it.

I think the major problem, is how full crap they are. These Satanist like Aliester Crowley and others are proof enough that any organisation claim all these wonderful tenants, and it's all good and fine, until you learn they slaughtered and sodomized little boys and plotted to take control of US government for first 100 years if not still working on it.

So you tell me.. I have more evidence that Satanists are evil than you do of Jesus being a mythological Pagan entity. Anytime you want to exchange words in that department I'll be sure to obliged.

The Bible tells us to love our neighbor, to forgive and turn the other cheek, but no where does it say "sympathize Satan and his followers", it tells us the opposite actually. Entire reason life sucks is because of him. I would of been way better off not knowing of evil. I would gladly be a blind sheep in a meadow if that meant I didn't know someone in the world today is being raped and sacraficed, probably under age, bledged for ritual baths and eaten .. but statistically it is happening right now.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iostsheep

shows a real lack of under standing or knowledge in historical proof it's the other way around.

lack of understanding?

The obvious being that Jesus is a corner stone in every religion. He has one, in Babylonian Talmud, portrayed as a false messiah, he is seen as savior prophet to the Muslims, God to the Christians, and the Enemy to the Satanists.. yet

Jesus is the enemy to Satanists?

Is this your understanding?

So you tell me.. I have more evidence that Satanists are evil than you do of Jesus being a mythological Pagan entity. Anytime you want to exchange words in that department I'll be sure to obliged.

are you like 12

seriously only a child plays these games

If you have evidence that Satanists are evil then provide it.

The Bible tells us to love our neighbor, to forgive and turn the other cheek, but no where does it say "sympathize Satan and his followers", it tells us the opposite actually.

So if a Satanist is your neighbor and has wronged you with something not very serious you are Christ like if hate, scold and fight them?

Entire reason life sucks is because of him.

No, its because of you.

You hold the power to make changes in your own life.

To place blame on an external source for your own short comings is one easy way to hand over responsibility over to something else.

Be like Jesus, and stand up for yourself, take responsibility fro your life.

I would of been way better off not knowing of evil.

How so?

You do understand the reality you live in?

If you don't know of evil then you don't know of good, both are 2 ends of the same spectrum.

I would gladly be a blind sheep in a meadow if that meant I didn't know someone in the world today is being raped and sacraficed, probably under age, bledged for ritual baths and eaten .. but statistically it is happening right now.

and whats worse is that you are thinking and focusing on such things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join