It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Hate Satanists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
For starters im a Theistic Satanist.
Why are we hated? We are not the ones feeding our children lies and blasphemies. We are not the ones who have stolen from other religions concepts. We are not the ones who have burnt down libraries filled with knowledge. So why i ask are we the ones viewed as the bad guys?

Satanism, contrary to what the catholic bible teaches (by the way, its been shown that their a rip off of the Pagans) isn't about evil/death. I personally (i cant speak for all satanists. we're a very diverse religion) believe that its more about living life to the fullest, and self empowerment so that you dont have to have some divine power come and "save" you from everything. All the hate and spiteful messages i see from Xians are either VERY misinformed (if ur going to condemn a religion, at least take the time to learn what its really about) or just flat out right wing extremists that dont make sense. Yet they so readily attack mine(dont they say love thy neighbor?) and I dare you to find out all my core beliefs and say they are sick and twisted.

Some people are idiots, and if you are a Satanist, then you probably know a lot of people are idiots. In this case, you re-interpret Satan as a good guy - the enabler of knowledge - the bringer of truth and light, and interpret Christianity and variations on it as a deceptive prison and a denial of life.
The vast majority of "Satanists" are law-abiding citizens.

Why are Satanists labeled evil though? We never went around killing so many hundreds/thousands of people in the Inquisition, and never burned down Pagan places of worship so we could build our own churches over the foundations on powerful lay-lines.

I dont understand it. Why are we these suddenly 'evil' or 'bad' people when we are proud of what we believe in?
Just because we worship Satan doesn't mean we should be shunned and treated as pariahs.

Just because someone worships say jahova e.c.t. i thought their bible told them to love everyone, yet so many are so ignorant to their own teachings.

I believe in what i believe in, its what feels right for me. Why cant others just accept that instead of trying to shove their beliefs down other peoples throats.

Satan leads the direct path without a revealed book. My 'book' (journey journal) is what i write in so i can have my own book to go buy instead of reading something that has been conspired.

Here are Satanic rules of the Earth.
1. Harm no-one.
2. Enslave no-one.
3. Rape no-one.
4. Honor all as equals : Humans and Animals.
5. Steal nothing.
6. Do NOT force religion upon children.
7. Never harm anyone in anyway.
8. Never use mind-altering tactics to gain followers.
9. NEVER impose your will upon another person (i.e) telling Satanists what to believe in, telling people they will suffer for not following your beliefs, creating a belief system with titles claiming it as a legit religion e.c.t.
10. NEVER alter the ways of Satanism from its traditions.
11. Never be the aggressor in a fight.

The 5 Satanic Sins.
1. Stupidity: Always be aware of your surroundings, and always use a degree of caution - depending on the situation.
2. Lack of Study: The Satanist aims to learn the knowledge of the ages, not say "Iam a Satanist" and have nothing to show for your beliefs.
3. Self-proclaimed titles: No-one has the rite of being the only official voice of Satanism, we are all one.
4. Suicide: Suicide is a sign of failure and you not expect to receive greatness and royalty for failure. Suicide is like being a quitter and Satan would not give a high-rank to someone who simply gives up just because times are a little rough.
5. Self-doubt: If you fill yourself with doubt, you wont accomplish your tasks.

That doesnt sound in anyway evil to me, it sounds like reason. Since Satanism pre-dates Xianity or any of the Islamic beliefs, how can it be a rebuttal?

So do not think that Satan is rebelling against the jew god. Oh no, for He pre-dates and pre-exists even the ancient the jews follow. Do not suppose that Egyptian Set or Phoenician Dagon or the gods of China or India or any land under the sun pre-dates Him. Satan came first. Lucifer created first. Belial hoarded the wealth before the pyramids, before the Chinese knew to print or to eat rice. Leviathan stands as ready as He was at the very Beginning to destroy what needs destruction; to make way for creation and dawn and light.

1. I worship Satan and look to him for guidance, but not the biblical Satan because they took his true name and nature, desecrated and blasphemed it to the max.
2. Im not pretending to worship Satan, or to go against my parents so that blows the theory of doing it just to look cool or to be rebellious. in fact only one other person knows about this.
3. Im against any/all living sacrifice
4. Those who say Satan will put me "in a bad place" are talking about Satan in the bible, not my Satan.
5. Those who say that catholic faith is perfect, then why is a whole ton of bishops and the even your pope a pedophile and why do they protect pedophiles?
6.I know i grouped alot of Xians together, but im going on what ive seen.
7. Even if you dont believe in my religion, which i dont expect you to do, you should at least respect my choices as my own individual with the same rights to freedom that you do.

Thanks to anyone with enough reason to at least respect my choice or even back me up on it even though you dont believe it yourself.

Doy mis oraciones para, Padre Satanas.
Vivir para siempre en Satana, AVE SATANAS!
HAIL! senor el las tinieblas.
La muse de nuestro civilizacion! Bendiceme con la energia de su mayor potencia!
Senor de todo - Satanas!
Yo hago mi casa su casa, yo hago mi cuerpo tu cuerpo.
Bendiceme con tu oscuridad.
AVE SATANAS.
edit on 10/20/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

people are scared of difference and things they dont understand, people have been told their whole life that god is their saviour and to fear him and never trust the devil etc.. recent generations were forced to believe it so its understandable they fear satanism.
a lot of people dont understand the basic principle of ying and yang and i think satanism accounts for it on a religious level.. most people try to ignore the dark or opposite but they exist and the fact that people fear the devil really shows how ignorant people are..
i was a satanist when i was younger, i agreed with its views but i think it was more of a rebellion to the fact i was raised as a christian

when i got older i realised all religions are fake so i sort of forgot about it..
but if any religion was to be correct, i think satanism or the idea of a devil is more realistic then mosts (not a devil in regards to the bible)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Why do you have to paint a big target on yourself by claiming such a controversial name like Satanist?
Why do you have to be a joiner?
Even if you are a black sheep to other religions, a whole herd of black sheep (Satanists) is still a herd of sheep.

Why not cast off religion entirely, adopt atheism, fall into solipsism, make your own rules, belonging to your own self instead of some group as a member?

Just say'n.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What made you believe that Satan exists?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Thanks for your understanding

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
What made you believe that Satan exists?

Its a strong gut-feeling i have, and im known for my intuition.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by NZkraw

Why do you have to paint a big target on yourself by claiming such a controversial name like Satanist?
Why do you have to be a joiner?
Even if you are a black sheep to other religions, a whole herd of black sheep (Satanists) is still a herd of sheep.

Why not cast off religion entirely, adopt atheism, fall into solipsism, make your own rules, belonging to your own self instead of some group as a member?

Just say'n.

Iam proud of what Iam that is why, i just cant get why some people cant come into terms with it. A lot of Thiestic Satanists prefer to be called Luciferian though.
I cant sit back and not feel as if there is more out there, higher powers that are much more intellectual then our small colony here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I don't hate Satanists. In fact, the Judeo-Christian religions teach that hate is wrong, and that loving and praying for all, including your enemies, is the way to go.

It's great that you have conviction of your belief, maybe the Light will turn your heart one day.

As far as being law abiding and a good citizen, I would stand arm and arm with any good citizen, of ANY religion, that is standing on the side of righteousness.

However, I wouldn't attend your church, nor pray to Satan with you. (I would pray to God with you, though.)

Assuming that you're a constitutional loving American, that happens to be a Satanist, how do view our rights that have been given to us by God? Our inalienable rights come from God. Do you believe that there could be an even better country than the USA, if only Satan would bestow rights to his stewards of liberty?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by NZkraw

I don't hate Satanists. In fact, the Judeo-Christian religions teach that hate is wrong, and that loving and praying for all, including your enemies, is the way to go.

It's great that you have conviction of your belief, maybe the Light will turn your heart one day.

As far as being law abiding and a good citizen, I would stand arm and arm with any good citizen, of ANY religion, that is standing on the side of righteousness.

However, I wouldn't attend your church, nor pray to Satan with you. (I would pray to God with you, though.)

Assuming that you're a constitutional loving American, that happens to be a Satanist, how do view our rights that have been given to us by God? Our inalienable rights come from God. Do you believe that there could be an even better country than the USA, if only Satan would bestow rights to his stewards of liberty?

Thank you for your honesty
I used to attend a Xian church it never was for me, never felt as though i belonged there. I was the youth groups pariah.

I dont attend a church my prayers are done in the privacy of the home i was given to live in.
I would say how i view your rites as an American citizen, but i cant say as i dont live inside the US.
I cant say but if He did, and the people that lived in the country followed the Rules of the Earth e.c.t. it would be a good free place to live in, but everywhere has people that always abuse the rites that are given.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its all propaganda from the right. Im not a satanist but I do understand it and the church has distorted it to keep it the boogie man. how do Christians know god is the good guy?

I know where you are coming from because the church makes my religion Wicca look ether terrible or like harry potter
. many Christians will condemn a religion in ignorance and most dont know their own religion.
may i direct them to www.evilbible.com...

most Christians are kept ignorant so their religion will stay strong if they ever came to a religion that is less sacrifice more indulgence they would not turn back

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I cant sit back and not feel as if there is more out there, higher powers that are much more intellectual then our small colony here on Earth.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that humans are the only intelligent life, nor does it claim that Earth is the only inhabited planet. It claims only that He created our universe, and of course Earth. It is written that we are stewards of this planet.

I think even the Pope said that there is room in belief to accept alien life.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

So, by using the name of a character in Christian Mythology, why don't you just call yourself a Christian?

If I was an Odinist, following the old Norse mythology, it wouldn't matter if I worshiped Loki, Thor, Odin, or all of them, I'd still be an Odinist.

If I worshiped any of the ancient Egyptian gods, regardless of which I picked, I'd be an Egypto-something.

If it was a Greek god I'd be a Hellenist, and so forth and so on.

You call yourself something from Christian mythology, so, that pretty much makes you a Christian, no matter how much you don't like it, and no matter how much you try not to be a Christian.
So long as you wear the name of a deity from the Christian mythology, you may as well own up to it and be proud of being a Christian, just a different Christian.
Why not just call yourself an AntiChristian?

I guess what I'm getting at is that you call your self a Satanist and all the rules you post about Satanism talk about individuality and such, yet, you still cling to a group, refusing to be a real individual striking out on your own and making your own rules,

I just don't get it. It's like a mob of a thousand people chanting in unison 'I am an individual'. All I hear is more superstitious hairless monkey chatter chinging into close like-minded little groups for confirmation, gratification, and reinforcement because they're too weak to stand up on their own, and hold themselves accountable for their own actions and choices without the support of their buddies, and the trappings of some superstition.

Suffice to say, I disagree with your choice, but, it is your choice, and I'm trying to understand that choice based on and from all my other encounters with different sorts of Satanists, Pagans, Wiccans, and other varieties of the fringe superstitions people fall into when they don't seem to fit in with the bigger groups, plus anything new you might be able to add.

I'm also not attacking you. If it seems so, please accept my apologies. I am, however voicing my opinion in the frame of Satanism being just another superstition, or subtext to Christian mythology, and asking you questions about it.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't believe in satan, but I don't hate satanists. In fact, at least you guys don't knock on my door and bother me.

Religion is all mixed up. Stereotypically, you hear satanists as being cultish, evil, and sacrificing people in rituals. I could be wrong, but I don't really recall any passages in the bible describing sacrifices to satan, or for that matter any large cult of followers of satan. I do recall reading about a lot of sacrifices to god. He liked them a lot. He only told us we could stop because we gave him a really good one (jesus).

My wife is catholic, and she once dragged me to church (kicking and screaming). I almost had to laugh because I was watching the rituals on stage (stage?) and it was the realization that all of the horror movies I'd watched about satanists performing rituals were directly based off of the catholic rituals. And given the priests lust for little boys, perhaps they are accusing someone else of their own sins.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

Too right, some of the most peaceful people that i know come from the left, but both sides have the people that are extremists.
Yea, Ive heard of them trying to snuff Wicca out of the hearts of so many telling them its no good, personally i love Wicca its really beautiful, but harry potter? Thats blasphemy

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I have to chime in man.

I don't worship 'Satan' because I don't fully know or understand 'him'.

IF Satan is EaEnki, then it is written in Enki and Ninhursag:

Ninhursaga's pregnancy was that of a goddess, her first month was as a day to us, and by the end of her second month it was as two days. On the ninth day she gave birth, the delivery was flawless and Ninnisig was born. Her name was associated with greenery. 14 When Ninnisig had grown, she went out to the riverbank. Enki could see up there form the marsh, he saw how attractive she had grown. He said to his minister Isimud, "Is this nice young woman not to be kissed? She is beautiful, and so she should be kissed." His minister could only agree, and when Enki stepped into his boat, Isimud sailed the boat upstream to Ninnisig. 15 As soon as Enki steped out of the boat he kissed her he lay down with her and she conceived. On the ninth day, like her mother, she gave birth and Ninkura was born. Her name was associated with cultivation. 16 In turn Ninkura would stand on the river bank when she had grown, Isimud would take Enki to her, he would lie with her and on the ninth day She would give birth to Ninimma whose name spoke of thirst. 17 Finally, upon Enki’s coupling as well with this young woman at the riverbank, she conceived and on the ninth day bore Uttu, the exalted lady. Uttu the plant goddess, would grow to represent the fertility inherent in the line that sprang from Enki and Ninhursaga. 18 When one day Uttu stood on the riverbank, Ninhursaga came to her bearing advice, "Listen carefully, I have some important advice for you. Enki can see you here from his place in the marsh, he will set his eye's upon you. Do not let him take you without a proper courtship, without gifts, as he did your mother." 19 Uttu followed the advice of the one that had given birth to her great grandmother. She returned to her house, and Enki, who had his eye on her, followed. As he knocked on the door, she knew what he wanted and called out, "Bring me cucumbers and apples, bring me grapes in their clusters. Then you may enter, and you may take hold of my halter." 20 On this, Enki was agreeable. For the plant goddess, he again sent forth fresh water, he filled the uncultivated land, the dykes and the canals. *expand 21 The gardener who upon Enki's action saw his garden grow lush and plentiful, went to the god of fresh waters and embraced him. He made an offering to Enki, and gave him cucumbers and apples, and grapes in their clusters. The wise one had made the land bountiful for all manner of crop; he could now return his attention to Uttu. 22 *(examine Sumerian text he made his face green?) He first made his face attractive, and took a staff in his hand. He came to her house and knocked at the door demanding "Open up, Open up" to which she answered "Who are you?". 23 But Enki was feeling clever and answered "I am a gardener. Open up, and I will give you cucumbers, apples, and grapes in their clusters, for your "Yes". Joyfully, Uttu opened her house, and after he had given her the produce, Enki poured her beer. 24 Uttu waved her hands at him, and Enki did not hesitate. He clasped her to the bosom, he aroused her, and they had intercourse. He poured his seed and she conceived.

Are you OK with this? I mean you seem pretty bent on worshipping him but don't you want to try and understand it first?
edit on 20-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Satanism predates christianity by thousands of years. Wouldn't that mean they're basing their god on Satan, meaning christians are trying to be Anti-Satanist?
I like your personal opinions, so please dont think im correcting you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Enki hasn't been recognized as a face of Satan yet, but there are 4 distinct faces that have been.
Belial
Leviathan
Lucifer
Satan

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by NZkraw

I think even the Pope said that there is room in belief to accept alien life.

I read somewhere that Pope Leo X or something said "It has served us well this myth of christ", and i was wondering if that's true or made-up.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

No but you have been pushing that envelope pretty hard in other threads.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I don't think we were meant to 'worship' anything. We were creatures, turned into intelligent creatures, enough to do labour work, but finally we were given something else, or the 'spirit' given to us by the Sumerian Gods, by the sacrifice of a God, also being similar to the Spirit being given to us by the sacrifice of Jesus. I see interesting similarities.

I cannot intervene as it is entirely your path, but I would suggest that if Satan is worth worshipping, he's probably not going to mind/care if you take your time about it.

I also found this website. Enkiea.org

Now I found it interesting until I came across 'revenge' magick...and that makes me weary. Just be careful man. I care.

Peace and Namaste.

edit on 20-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Yeh, one of the Giovanni Di Medici: en.wikipedia.org...

How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join