It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence on alert for Israeli strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

U.S. intelligence on alert for Israeli strike on Iran

www.thetotalcollapse.com

The U.S. intelligence source said while some analysts believe an Israeli attack may be imminent, close I&W monitoring of Israeli defense posture indicated that only their civil defense had been “spun up” at the moment.

“You can’t launch a strike where the possibility of massive retaliation is very high and not have anything activated,” he said.

“One curious thing is that we’re taking a lot of imagery of the (Israeli) defense sites – more than usual,” he added. “You might see one report every few weeks on something (but) there were five just today.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well at least this is a different (apparently anyway) source than Alex Jones, Infowars, Sorcha Faal, Presstv, Debka etc.

Who knows? Its interesting that the possiblility of a strike is there but at the same time like the reports states, Israel would be prepping defenses if they were in fact about to hit Iran and intelligence indicates they have not prepped anything.

So this is what i ask. With the John Stennis and Bush carriers now deploying this week opposite Iran, is this in lieu of an Israeli defense prep?

Think about it. In the past 5 years how many times has the US moved carrier groups off of Iran's coast only to leave and reappear? Iran isnt sure what to make of it because it has happened so many times but no strike. Iran gets extremely paranoid each time however but nothing comes to fruition.

If Israel was about to strike this week and they mobilized their defenses, this would be seen via satellite by Russia and China who "may" tip Iran off. BUT, if Israel is about to strike and they dont prep their defenses in the open because they know the US has just positioned forces in the area instead, how would Iran know if anything is about to happen or not?

The US could just say they did this because of the recent "terror" plot and if Israel strikes well they just happen to be in the area to defend. Hmmm.

New moon is next week.

www.thetotalcollapse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-10-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Much better written then the other one,
the source well at least it is not jones.

I would not mark it as a hoax it is for sure possible
this is heating up.

Lets see what happens.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
One could call the source into question but other than that, before any pre-emptive strike takes place on iranian soil, a false flag will have to take place wheather it be here or abroad. So once that attack happens, then you will see isreal strike. They could not withstand the worldwide scrutiny if they were to strike first. My opinion anyway

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
lmao... Israel always keeps big brother Amerika updated on what it does.. Amerika monitoring for an israeli attack on iran .. Thats funny .. As amerika and israel been planning and drooling for a chance to attack iran for ages...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
One could call the source into question but other than that, before any pre-emptive strike takes place on iranian soil, a false flag will have to take place wheather it be here or abroad. So once that attack happens, then you will see isreal strike. They could not withstand the worldwide scrutiny if they were to strike first. My opinion anyway

Well I would not call it a false flag but
the assassination attempt last week
is a good predecessor
and Iran building nuclear bombs.
I would think though they would not give a heads up.

Would it not be better to surprise attack?
edit on 19-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Trust me, even though i posted it i still question the source. Its just i know who the source "isnt" LOL. Still this is ATS and TONS of BS and i realize im contributing to it because i have no idea either. Just wanted to throw this out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Before Israel moves to strike Iran they need to be 100% certain the USA will back them up.

Any strikes on Iran, by Israel will be viewed by the Iranians as an attack led by the USA.

They don't see any separation.

If Israel launches air strikes, the US military should warn them to turn around, or be shot out of the sky.

The USA should avoid being drawn into this war, no matter what it takes.

Final warning!

edit on 19-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The US just moved two carriers into the area this week because of the "terror plot". The US is already pissed and if Israel decides to strike now then how convenient eh?

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Before Israel moves to strike Iran they need to be 100% certain the USA will back them up.

Any strikes on Iran, by Israel will be viewed by the Iranians as an attack led by the USA.

If Israel launches air strikes, the US military should warn them to turn around, or be shot out of the sky.

Final warning!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Israel has attacked without foreknowledge by the US in the past. It happened during the 1980's when the bombed Saddam Hussein's nuclear plant, and it more or less shocked the world. They shoot first and ask questions later. It is only a matter time for Israel, and afterwards the US will be dragged into the conflict. Israel has no capacity to engage in a prolonged war with Iran. I hope everyone holsters their pop guns this time, and thinks long and hard about the consequences of war with Iran. War with Iran will be unlike any conflict we have seen since probably Vietnam. In other words, it will be the meat-grinder. Iran has support of both Russia and China economically and militarily. In addition, they have decent military hardware, the ability to fight unconventional warfare on numerous fronts, and a populace that could be mobilized at a moments notice.

It will not be like Iraq or Afghanistan. Israel does what they think is right, and in their best interests regardless of how it affects others. We have seen it in the past. My hope is that they continue to play this thing by the numbers, and work in conjunction with their allies before making any rash decisions. This is not a critique of Israel alone, but also the US as well. Both countries better be damned sure that a legitimate threat is present before undertaking this military response. Iran has been preparing for this, and they will be ready. Use extreme caution before proceeding. That is all I have to say about the saber rattling regarding Iran.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The Israelis are as much victims as perpetrators, and also neither.

The weight of humanity, and prospect of world war rests upon Israel... It is no accident, it is their destiny.

The USA, like it or not, is linked to any actions the Israelis take here.

There are covert forces determined to draw the USA in to a war with Iran.

The USA can keep this from happening, or go to war one way or another.. Simple choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Final warning!

of couse we would back them up. We always have and the reason is they are basically "america jr." over in the middle east for us. We protect them, and they..... well they.........hold on Ill think of something
By the way the us dont take too kindly to threats!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I swear, sometimes the way we describe these pieces moving on a board sounds like Civilization. Mass all your units at the enemy border and then the "surprise" attack comes.

Is there a scenario where Israel launches a unilateral air strike against presumed Iranian nuclear sites and the only give and take is a missile launch in response by the Iranians.

Iran is in a tough spot, actually, if this happens. Any escalation on their part would serve as the casus belli Israel would love to create. From a diplomatic perspective, frankly, the best thing Iran could do in response is nothing and play the pariah. A unilateral Israeli strike with no armed response would put that state's reputation even further down the chain.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I hardly think the bitty little terror plot they came up with is a cause for war.
I think its just a warm up to something mch bigger in the wsy of a false flag that will automatically put amerika and ysreal on a war footing with Iran....
Remember the garksdale hukes?
They were "accidently flewn across the usa and sat on a runway unguarded for hours afterward.
The first reports were six nukes, and the later reports mention five nukes....
Where is that sixth nuke cruise missle? and is it gonna be the nother of all false flags in Des Moines or Decatur?
I reckon about an hundred thousand deaths would turn the nation into a howling mob....show them some faked up Iranian qud cell and they would heartily endorse the wasting of the whole nation.....
One twenty kilo ton blast somewhere the fallout will be minimised and the city they pick will be all by itself somewhere town usa, sacrificial lamby pie....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is what happens when the unilateral sovereignty of America, is questioned. Once upon a time this country produced more than it imports. Sadly our major export these days is media/mind control. I know, I was stationed in Germany. They like mtv more than we Americans do. However America has made a foul play, by conquering the world, we absorb the world there for conquering ourselves. God save the world, and America.

enjoy, www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

i can embed but for some reason it always come out malformed, sorry
edit on 20-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Let’s, absorb the sentiments of our conquered. Do we have any choice?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The way they've been puffing Iran up as the new baddy the only excuse they'll need for airstrikes is one "expert" coming forth and claiming they are very close to a working nuke.

The rest of the arab world is a little preoccupied right now and unlikely to raise much of a stink.

The Saudi's are terrified the arab spring will spread to them and end their gravy train, what better way to impose strict military control than a war. For this reason I think the Suadi's will be participating in this one. After all they have a well equipped air force with U.S. trained pilots and aircrew, and some of the best planes America makes.

I honestly have no clue what Israel's motivations are here. Their domestic and foriegn policies are even more baffling and contradictory than ours. But I'm sure they have reasons none the less.

The EU is on the brink of collapse and riots and protests are growing there too.

The only thing that makes these problems go away for all the players is a major war.

It's history repeating itself.
edit on 20-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Friday.

new topics

top topics

join