It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force UFO rules disappear after inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Disclaimer: HP isn't really all that credible, but, here's a fun article claiming that the Air Force rules regarding UFOs in document Air Force Instruction 10-206 vanished after their inquiry into the matter.

Link goes to story/source

Airforce UFO Rules vanish after Inquiry

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

As recently as early September, Air Force members who came across anything they didn't recognize were told to note "altitude, direction of travel, speed, description of flight path and maneuvers, what first called attention to the object, how long was the object visible and how did the object disappear?"

Sounds like common sense SOP for an unknown object.......has nothing to do with aliens or anything, there would be no reason what so ever to try and be sneaky and erase that, I call shenanigans on this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I dont see what the big deal is here . If its the airforces job to patrol and make sure everything in our sky is friendly then why wouldn't they have a protocol for dealing with anything that they couldn't immediately identify?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Although all pilots working today in American airspace, are no doubt very qualified and expirienced enough to be able to figure out what to do upon encountering an unidentified flying object (be it potential military UAV, alien craft, borg drone , whatever the hell it might be), I do find it somewhat concerning that the entire section has now been removed from the training manuals given to air force personel.

There will now be a grey area, and military personel , as a general rule, do not deal well with grey areas. They are told how to pass a movement in the morning, in what manner to brush thier teeth, hell, they even have the mechanics of putting one foot in front of the other laboriously gone over, to ensure there are no screw ups when that person is out on active duty.

The moment you put a questionable, or confusing situation in front of that person, you have to hope that thier training , or some element there of, can handle it, because underneath the training, everyone has a basic set of responses to stimuli. Fight, or flight. The advice given in that manual, about taking detailed recordings of everything to maximise the possibility of identifying the object, is good advice, because it keeps the pilot focused when in a situation that potentially, could drag a person right the hell out of their comfort zone, and into that part of the mind which consists of a chill up the spine, and occasionaly a lack of reasoned response.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The removal of this information is interesting. It seems to me that UFO reporting is important for national security and it would make more sense to keep these policies rather than remove them. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me. Weird.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i like what was written on the "norad doc1" where it says "sighted objects turned off their lights upon arrival of interceptors, and back on upon their depature." lol there goes those ets playing games with us earthlings again, theyre so silly

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Did anybody read the huffington post article? The official explanation is pretty clear.

Finally, on Oct. 5, after several follow-up calls, an Air Force major emailed a response, informing HuffPost that UFO reporting is not a duty of the armed forces branch. He denied any cover-up, and instead said it was a coincidence that the document was updated after this news organization asked for an explanation.

"UFO reporting is a NORAD requirement, but not a requirement for Air Force operational reports," Air Force Maj. Chad Steffey told The Huffington Post in the e-mail.

"All Air Force Instructions are reviewed/revised on a regular basis (about every two to three years). For this revision, we merely deleted a procedure that did not apply to this AFI.

"For any other questions about requirements for UFO reporting, I'll have to refer you to NORAD," Steffey wrote.

The previous document was 110 pages, the new one is 40 pages, so they took out alot.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Lets be honest. If something enters our air space whom we have no control over, what do you think the logical response will be? Deny its there, no matter how many people and screw their qualifications of those who claim it is? No nation can stay in business long, that is maintain legitimacy if it can't deal what zipping about overhead. So, don't deal with it...

new topics

top topics

join