It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: ‘I Wish’ Jobs Bill Critics Knew What It Feels Like to be Raped, Robbed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

(CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden said that he wished opponents of President Barack Obama’s jobs act knew what it felt like to be robbed or raped, indicating that if they did, they would not oppose government spending on public jobs such as police officers.

“I wish these guys who thought it was temporary, I wish they had some notion of what it was like to be on the other side of a gun, or [to have] a 200-pound man standing over you, telling you to submit,” Biden told a crowd at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia on Tuesday, adding, “Folks, it matter, it matters.”

cnsnews.com...

This upsets me for the simple fact the police to not prevent crime they do not prevent rape they only clean up after the fact. Biden goes on to make another comment about a woman is being raped and a cop shows up on time ok if shes getting raped i think shes a bit busy to call for help.

So here is your Vice President wishing harm onto others for not supporting a union job creation plan at tax payer expense and that dude is one step away from the nuclear football.

Biden makes the perfect argument for the second ammendment a armed public has a faster response time that any 9-11 call.

Relate Article with a great breakdown:'
hotair.com...

**there is another thread(s) on this subject but this one is slightly different.
edit on 19-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This man is a false flag himself: He could put an American flag shirt on right side up and by the time he made it up the flag pole it would be upside down.
Raped? We are the ones that have been raped! Gasoline has gone up more in the past two years than the previous 100 combined. Anyone that does not believe that just do a google on gas price in 2009 Jan [that would be when Bama took office]
Look at your food prices..a direct result of gas and other energy commodities.
Raped? Indeed a rape has occurred, but it has been a rape of the American people, specifically the middle class.
they say unemployment is 9% or so depending on state. But they lie by omission to deceive. That is only for people actively looking for employment on the rolls. It is closer to 20%! and many of those are getting entitlements of food stamps etc. Not saying they shouldn't eat. We need to provide for that.
I choose to disregard anything this man or the current Potus says. so many lies. So little truth
DH

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96

So here is your Vice President wishing harm onto others for not supporting a union job creation plan at tax payer expense and that dude is one step away from the nuclear football.

I'm no Biden or Obama fan but you're twisting words, spinning, and being very subversive.

He said "I wish they had some notion."

Not "I wish they got raped."

BIG difference.

Honesty is our friend. Let's embrace it.
edit on 19-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With all the bad press the police have been getting during the OWS protests, it seems really strange for Biden to suggest we actually need more of those guys.

I don't disagree with the jobs bill but this argument is just plain weird.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96

I'm no Biden or Obama fan but you're twisting words, spinning, and being very subversive.

He said "I wish they had some notion."

Not "I wish they got raped."

BIG difference.

Honesty is our friend. Let's embrace it.
edit on 19-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

He was quoting the article.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think what is implied here is that a stronger Police Presence might help prevent these crimes from being committed.

Statistics do show that police foot patrols in urban areas for example do tend to have a substantial impact on violent crime.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

No, he was stating in his own words his own opinion.

"So, here is our vice president wishing harm upon others and he's one step away from the nuclear football."

to paraphrase.

His words, not the articles.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Really Joe?

What an Idiot.

Why would the VP even make such an outrageous comparison?

We are being led by "The Village People".

edit on 19-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wish Biden had some notion of what it was like to be broke, unemployed and waiting at a food bank for a small box of groceries. I wish he had some notion of what it was like to have my foot on his neck, telling him if he follows my orders, everything will be just peachy.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Mister former congressman for BofA is a hoax and a funny and is just looking for re-election like the president, he is just parroting because he is very much in bed with the too big to fail.

What a joke.

edit on 19-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Biden is going off the rails more and more frequently. Our gaffetastique VEEP maybe following a script 'Joe, be as crazy as possible. Make foolish yet party centric statements...we'll make sure you are well cared for when you step aside.'

Can we say 'Barry needs a new running mate?' Hillary has said no (I bet her fingers were crossed). But maybe Pelosi? Or Feinstein...or...well they 'need' to energize the base. Look fpr Plugs being unplugged and a female added on the ticket.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Biden, the union thugs, Obama, and others are feeling the squeeze. They stoop to the lowest levels when they don't get their way.

No one is under the radar with this administration. You will be used and abused regardless of what "party" you might agree with.

The obama administration robs, rapes, uses and abuses friend and foe alike. Once you've served your purpose, you're tossed aside (if your lucky).

The jobs bill, aka jobs "support" aka stimulus was also robbed and raped before, it will be robbed and raped again. This is why there is opposition from both sides of the isle but Biden and the rest of the liberals rape and rob truth too

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Biden is such an idiot I'm surprised Obama lets him out in public without a keeper. If Obama loses part of it will be because people are terrified of a President Biden with the nuclear codes.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow... pretty graphic there Biden, good lord!

I'm actually surprised they let Biden out of his cage.. I thought he was supposed to be locked away somewhere private where you know... he won't talk to people. I suppose once election time speeds up they will hide him again.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was actually a fan of the jobs bill. One of the only things I've liked Obama for trying to do. Can you explain to me why it was bad? I just don't get it. It sounded like a good plan to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well considering it's not a "Jobs Bill" but a Tax Bill, I think the critics already know how it feels to be robbed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Because it does not address the real issue the lack of jobs which create crime creating government union jobs will only create a few where as a more comprehensive program would facilitate raising the standard of living for those prone to commit crime.

Then add in the addition costs of prision time and other judicial costs and then it has all been a waste of time,energy and effort. Give people work and they won't have the time to go do something stupid and sit in jail at taxpayer expense.

That's my take on it.
edit on 19-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why is the jobs bill bad?

It's not really "bad" as much as it's completely ineffective.

The first part is unemployment extensions... for people that have been living off the benefit for over 4 years now. Ridiculous. A massive waste of money, the benefit was never intended to be in essence another form of Social Security.. it was designed to be a safety net to fall back on. People become complacent and dependent. (this is actually the largest portion of the bill)

The next part is a "payroll tax break" for hiring "long term unemployed" But the bill doesn't actually outline what kind of employee is acceptable so presumably any employee. It also doesn't stipulate how long an employee has to remain with the company. In short, the only companies that will actually benefit are companies that have massive turnover rates with large sums of employees ... the goal was pass the bill before seasonal hiring. Mostly fast-food and big-box stores would gain huge sums of money for hiring and firing people. But we learned from Bush's tax credit that launching $600b directly at a single economic sector only gives you a sudden instant period of growth and then collapse. We also tried that with the "Cash for Clunkers" gimmick. Also, businesses across the country, especially small businesses have said blatantly that it's not a big incentive to hire anyone.

The next part is the actual "Jobs bill" which is only $230 billion dollars, which when spread around the country on various projects will not create very many jobs at all. The stimulus bills on infrastructure have not been responsible for large scale job growth. In fact, the largest areas of job growth have been in the service industry, and various other minimum wage positions. Construction and Manufacturing, the target of the jobs bill, have been stunted since 2007 and will remain so.

The other side of the jobs bill is aimed at "police and teachers" which is actually complete bs. The Government has decided with the jobs bill that they will help communities build schools. But if you gift a school to a community ...... they still don't have the funds to hire the teachers back? There is no portion of the bill that is to actually pay the wages of anyone, only to build the infrastructure to "support" those positions.

All in all the "jobs bill" is a very, very, very expensive campaign gimmick designed to pit one portion of society against the other .. if it were to pass it would be an expensive repeat of the other "stimulus" bills we have passed and effectively do absolutely nothing to alleviate the economy aside from increasing the GDP in an artificial way.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
Biden is such an idiot I'm surprised Obama lets him out in public without a keeper. If Obama loses part of it will be because people are terrified of a President Biden with the nuclear codes.

ROFL!! The husband and I joked almost the same thing about why no attempt would ever be made on his life.. the fear of Biden.

The sad thing is that Biden is NOT a stupid man.. he just speaks like he is on some sort of drug that had completely removed his brain to mouth filter. Biden is, however, an ignorant ( true sense of the word as if he has never spoken to average Joe American before or ventured outside of his home) man when he refuses to recognize the true dire straights that many Americans are finding themselves in suddenly these days. Its very foolhardy to not recognize this segment of voters, since it is gaining in numbers as we speak.
IMO neither party are doing much or enough toward the financial situation we as a country are suffering. Both the party of NO and the party of Yes are screwing around and giving you a great floor show.. but not doing much real work. Me? Ive gone way way past fighting over which God I wish to serve.. the donkey or the elephant. Neither are deserving of our support in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Think of it this way, when the government needs to spend tax payer dollars to create jobs that only will make the GDP figures look good but will add to the national debt you know something is very wrong in our nation.

The bill is a copycat of the last bill, it goes to maintain jobs already in existence (the target is mostly teachers and police department) and will only create temporary jobs in the states that will be considered in more need than others.

So it means that when the money runs out another bill will be needed to keep up the false sense that jobs have been created.

No a good thing taking into consideration the outrageous deficit we have right now and how much is costing to the tax payer to run the nation right now.

<<   2  3 >>

join